Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 114 Likes Search this Thread
10-09-2021, 10:01 AM - 6 Likes   #1
Pentaxian

DFA21/2.4 Limited available in amazon jp

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Amazon | ?????????????HD PENTAX-D FA 21??F2.4ED Limited DC WR ???? ????????? ??????????????????????????????????????????????????? HD??????????????????????K?????????????????? | ????????? ??

Attached Images

10-09-2021, 10:05 AM - 6 Likes   #2
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Google Translation:

[In-body image stabilization mechanism SR / SRII] The Pentax digital single-lens camera K series is equipped with in-body image stabilization SR / SR II. Achieves image stabilization with all lenses. It is possible to reduce the size and weight of the lens.

[Descriptive power of D FA 21mm F2.4 Limited] When shooting a distant view such as a landscape, a lens that realizes sharp and clear depiction on the entire screen and can express details up to the tips of leaves and branches and the moist air of the morning mist. is.

[Three policies of Limited Lens] Enjoy "essence" shooting, capture the atmosphere that cannot be measured by "sensitivity" numerical values, and "immutable" forever pleasure.

[High-definition depiction] Achieves depiction with less chromatic aberration with four ED glasses. In addition, a glass-molded aspherical lens and a high-refractive index lens have achieved sharp image performance with no image flow to the periphery despite the ultra-wide angle.

[Equipped with DC motor] Quiet and smooth autofocus drive is realized by the in-lens motor drive AF.

[HD coating] By adopting the high-performance multi-coating "HD coating", the occurrence of ghosts and flares under severe shooting conditions such as backlight is effectively suppressed.
Attached Images

10-09-2021, 10:14 AM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

At 1220 EUR it seems a lot cheaper than I expected it to be. 1500 EUR seemed more like a fair price.

And I'll never understand why they decided to make it such a fast F2.4 lens when practically noone ever uses that in ultra wide shooting. I would have preferred slower and a bit lighter.
10-09-2021, 10:32 AM - 4 Likes   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Seems to take some design cues from the fa 31 - smart looking lens. F2.4 seems a good balance. Fastish but not so fast it becomes a monster. I wonder how it performs for landscape Astro? If coma is good from wide open that would be a treat.

10-09-2021, 10:46 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

67mm filter and a built in lens hood precluding the use of stepping rings. These guys are killing me.
10-09-2021, 10:48 AM - 4 Likes   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

D FA 21 Limited is one of the three. - Page 44 - PentaxForums.com

I expect pats on the back for being right about the aperture.

The price is, well, pretty reasonable for what the lens is. I don't see the weight anywhere, unfortunately.

Also, I graciously waive the need for written apologies by everyone in the "it cannot be physically faster than f/2.8" camp :p
10-09-2021, 10:54 AM - 3 Likes   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
You had insider information or a good crystal ball. It's unfair. My guess was it would be a 21mm f2.1 released in 2021. I was off by 0.3stop.

---------- Post added 09-10-21 at 19:56 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by beholder3 Quote
At 1220 EUR it seems a lot cheaper than I expected it to be. 1500 EUR seemed more like a fair price.
I hope Ricoh marketing won't see your comment, please delete.

10-09-2021, 11:02 AM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by beholder3 Quote
And I'll never understand why they decided to make it such a fast F2.4 lens when practically noone ever uses that in ultra wide shooting. I would have preferred slower and a bit lighter.
To the contrary, they missed the Fuji advantage one more time not even reaching f/2.
10-09-2021, 11:02 AM - 1 Like   #9
Veteran Member

D FA 21 Limited is one of the three. - Page 44 - PentaxForums.com

The price is, well, pretty reasonable for what the lens is. I don't see the weight anywhere, unfortunately.

Also, I graciously waive the need for written apologies by everyone in the "it cannot be physically faster than f/2.8" camp :p
Guess my prediction of an aperture of π/√2 was off... should have gone with (e√π)/2!

(I can even include the ! in my sentence in this case )
10-09-2021, 11:03 AM - 1 Like   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
You had insider information or a good crystal ball. It's unfair. My guess was it would be a 21mm f2.1 released in 2021. I was off by 0.3stop.
OokU said we'd be happy if we wanted it "faster than f/2.8" and that "f/1.8 is Star lens aperture" for UWA lenses, so I just did the average .
I'm excited for this one, although I absolutely cannot afford it at present
10-09-2021, 11:04 AM   #11
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
I hope Ricoh marketing won't see your comment, please delete.
I didn't imagine beholder wanted to be the only one
10-09-2021, 11:06 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
To the contrary, they missed the Fuji advantage one more time not even reaching f/2.
I would like to know which Fuji you're talking about, because I only see a less-wide 16/1.4 and a 14/2.8.
10-09-2021, 11:07 AM   #13
Pentaxian

One more time, this lens has no probability to be a Pentax choice-breaker, whatever it's qualities.

---------- Post added 09-10-21 at 11:07 ----------

I would like to know which Fuji you're talking about, because I only see a less-wide 16/1.4 and a 14/2.8.
Fuji has generally speaking faster lenses than Pentax (APS-C and medium format)
10-09-2021, 11:08 AM - 2 Likes   #14
Pentaxian

Great 👍
Nice specs for FF 21mm, DC AF in a limited. Price works. I hope we get weather sealing and the sun shade should come off for large filter holdere.

Just saw WR designation - even better.
And Wheatfield already commented on fixed hood and filter trouble

Last edited by zapp; 10-09-2021 at 11:13 AM.
10-09-2021, 11:08 AM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
One more time, this lens has no probability to be a Pentax choice-breaker, whatever it's quality.

Fuji has generally speaking faster lenses than Pentax.
That is true. Though Pentax has generally speaking more FF lenses than Fuji .

At this point, nothing has a probability to be a Pentax choice-breaker. Those of us who see the brand's strengths will continue to use them, but we are not getting out of the niche any time soon.