Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 98 Likes Search this Thread
12-02-2021, 10:19 AM   #106
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by akptc Quote
This lens list came with the adapter

---------- Post added 12-02-21 at 10:02 ----------

How would one get this firmware?
The firmware when available will be posted for download but I’m not sure where. The actual application of firmware is via the Sony body.

That list doesn’t include the DA* 300 so not too surprising that it doesn’t work. Did you use the internal switch on the adapter to force screw drive mode?

12-02-2021, 10:59 AM   #107
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Did you use the internal switch on the adapter to force screw drive mode?
I did, still hunts a lot.
Also, in the instructions, when they say "left" or "right" (referring to the internal switch), they don't say what they consider left or right i.e. the user's left while looking at the internal switch? or the camera's left when looking through the viewfinder?
12-02-2021, 12:10 PM   #108
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Also, in the instructions, when they say "left" or "right" (referring to the internal switch), they don't say what they consider left or right i.e. the user's left while looking at the internal switch? or the camera's left when looking through the viewfinder?
I don’t know. I don’t have one yet.
12-02-2021, 12:18 PM   #109
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
They are back in stock at B&H.

12-02-2021, 01:18 PM   #110
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
They are back in stock at B&H.
Maybe I'll be getting my test unit soon
12-02-2021, 02:39 PM   #111
Pentaxian

(...)
I don't own the adapter but I'd say the user's left when looking at the switch to be moved. Left when looking from the other side of the adapter would be quite bizarre.
12-02-2021, 02:58 PM   #112
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

IN the online brochures the switch has a 1 and a 2 on it. Is there nothing that directly shows the position as 1 or 2 rather than LEFT and RIGHT?

See this ebay listing for images:

Monster Adapter LA-KE1 AF Lens Adapter for Pentax E mount Lens to Sony E Cameras | eBay

12-03-2021, 03:40 AM   #113
Pentaxian

I would like to test it when there is support for DA and DFA lenses. I'm waiting for the first impressions of the early adopters.
12-03-2021, 09:55 PM   #114
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Indeed I see a 1 on the left side and a 2 on the right side of the toggle.
Attached Images

12-10-2021, 07:29 PM   #115
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Do they say anything about when the expanded support will be added?
12-11-2021, 05:06 AM   #116
Pentaxian

Nothing more than that, which dates back to the 6th of November:

QuoteOriginally posted by MonsterAdapter:
About firmware updates

(...)

LA-KE1 v02
The current progress is 90%, which will include DC/SDM drivers, and the total number of supported lenses will reach 50. In this version of the firmware, the last lens that needs to be coded will be HD PENTAX-D FA 21mmF2.4ED Limited DC WR. At the same time, the technical issues affecting LA-FE1 also exist here, and we are dealing with them expeditiously.
Source: MonsterAdapter - Publications | Facebook
12-11-2021, 07:31 AM   #117
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have carried on a sporadic Facebook messaging conversation with the person who owns the Monster adapter account. They indicated to me this firmware release is soon to be released, but no specific date was given. The most recent discussion / conversation was this past week.
12-11-2021, 07:38 AM   #118
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks for the update, UnckleVanya. i am very tempted by this device but the cost makes me leery until we see how it works with modern focusing systems.
12-13-2021, 06:18 AM   #119
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
I have carried on a sporadic Facebook messaging conversation with the person who owns the Monster adapter account. They indicated to me this firmware release is soon to be released, but no specific date was given. The most recent discussion / conversation was this past week.
Sporadic is a well-chosen word here. I'm still trying to get a confirmation that a sample will be made available.
12-13-2021, 06:23 AM - 1 Like   #120
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks for the update, UnckleVanya. i am very tempted by this device but the cost makes me leery until we see how it works with modern focusing systems.
Researching the few user reviews around the internet it's not all that positive. In general comments are that as an adapter it's good, but regarding AF not so much where it's reportedly hit-or-miss. If that's true across the board it would hardly seem worth the expense over a basic converter.