Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 98 Likes Search this Thread
12-13-2021, 06:38 AM   #121
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
Sporadic is a well-chosen word here. I'm still trying to get a confirmation that a sample will be made available.
Yes. The communication lags for a week sometimes and sometimes questions are unanswered. It is frustrating.

01-17-2022, 08:26 AM - 1 Like   #122
Pentaxian

MonsterAdapter just published the v02 firmware of their LA-KE1 Pentax K to Sony E electronic AF adapter.

Facebook

QuoteOriginally posted by MonsterAdapter:
January 17, 2022

MonsterAdapter are pleased to release the v02 firmware of Pentax K to Sony E-mount electronic AF adapter LA-KE1. This firmware supports KAF3 and KAF4 lenses.

In the new version
  • SDM/DC and electromagnetic aperture drivers are added, which can support KAF4 lenses including the latest D-FA21 f2.4 Limited;
  • Enabled focus mode selection switch in the adapter body (only for supported dual-drive lenses);
  • More lenses supported, now exceeds 50;
  • Improved the overall stability.
Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

List of supported lenses

01-17-2022, 11:05 AM   #123
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
MonsterAdapter just published the v02 firmware of their LA-KE1 Pentax K to Sony E electronic AF adapter.

Facebook

List of supported lenses
I was so excited to see this and immediately crushed when I noticed the D-FA 15-30 and D-FA 24-70 are not supported. I upgraded the adapter firmware and confirmed. I inquired on MonsterAdapter's FB page but have yet to receive a reply. Do you think it's because those two lenses are rebranded Tamrons?
01-17-2022, 11:21 AM   #124
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by geomez Quote
I was so excited to see this and immediately crushed when I noticed the D-FA 15-30 and D-FA 24-70 are not supported. I upgraded the adapter firmware and confirmed. I inquired on MonsterAdapter's FB page but have yet to receive a reply. Do you think it's because those two lenses are rebranded Tamrons?
I don't think so: the 70-210mmf/4 is supported.

01-17-2022, 06:31 PM   #125
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This is from Mauro Fregnani. He said on FB that he knows the owner of MonsterAdapter and has been using their Pentax adapter since pre-production. His comment is regarding the 15-30 and 24-70. It seems like there is some info lost in translation. This convo is in the "Pentaxians" FB group. Here's a link to the post.Only visible if you're a member of the group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/thepentaxians/posts/1905845582936126/?comment_id=1905908502929834&reply_comment_id=1906069442913740¬if_id=1642461533012688¬if_t=group_comment_mention
Attached Images

01-17-2022, 06:50 PM   #126
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by geomez Quote
There is a certain relationship with Tamaron, including the Sigma lens, because the logic is different from the original lens,which will take more time to crack·
01-17-2022, 11:11 PM   #127
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Facebook

List of supported lenses
I have 16 supported lenses from that list. Granted some of them are crop, but the 31 / 77 / 100 / 200 / 300 aren’t and the 40 / 55 / 70 / 60-250 are all pretty close.

Does anyone know if the Pentax HD DA 1.4x converter can be used with any of these on a Sony body? I imaging due to converting it will be limited in usefulness on ff bodies.

01-18-2022, 12:15 AM   #128
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
I have 16 supported lenses from that list. Granted some of them are crop, but the 31 / 77 / 100 / 200 / 300 aren’t and the 40 / 55 / 70 / 60-250 are all pretty close.

Does anyone know if the Pentax HD DA 1.4x converter can be used with any of these on a Sony body? I imaging due to converting it will be limited in usefulness on ff bodies.
No support.
01-18-2022, 10:30 AM   #129
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by OoKU Quote
No support.
Do we know if the Sony E mount teleconverter will work behind the adapter?

Is the hd da teleconverter on the roadmap - it would be cool to have a roadmap for this actually. Lol.
01-18-2022, 06:12 PM   #130
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Do we know if the Sony E mount teleconverter will work behind the adapter?

Is the hd da teleconverter on the roadmap - it would be cool to have a roadmap for this actually. Lol.
Not support E mount teleconverter .
01-18-2022, 06:22 PM   #131
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by OoKU Quote
Not support E mount teleconverter .
Ok - thank you. That's mildly painful. So no TC of any sort unless manual focus which defeats the purpose of this adapter largely. Well... still not the end of the world.
01-10-2023, 06:00 AM   #132
Pentaxian

MonsterAdapter published on the 1st of January the v03 firmware of their LA-KE1 Pentax K to Sony E electronic AF adapter.

LA-KE1 firmware v03 released, the third G Driver II empowered lens adapter from MonsterAdapter – MonsterAdapter

QuoteOriginally posted by MonsterAdapter:
By following LA-EA4r and LA-FE1, new firmware of LA-KE1 v03 also adds new focus drive algorithm: G Driver II, which effectively improves the auto focus performance of K-mount screw-driven lenses on Sony mirrorless cameras (including AF-S single focus and AF-C continuous focus).

According to the team tests, the focusing speed in many scenes has been able to equal or exceed the Pentax SLRs on latest E-mount cameras.
  1. Added G Driver II focus algorithm, supported cameras gets faster focus speed (See supported cameras and notes)
  2. More lenses supported, over 60 lenses now
  3. Two AF teleconverters supported
  4. Fixed AF issue of some type FA 50mm f1.4 due to different lens data
  5. Improves the overall stability

Note 1: G Driver needs the support by the camera, please see the list of compatible bodies. In case of a suitable camera, the adapter will automatically enable the G Driver I or II, and other cameras will continue to use the existing driver.

Note 2: Due to lens technical reasons, G Driver for LA-KE1 is only available for screw-driven lenses supported by LA-KE1, lenses with SDM/DC/PLM motors will continue to use existing focus algorithm. If the lens is a dual-drive lens, the screw-driven mode can support G Driver, while the SDM mode will continue to use existing one.
Link to download the .zip archive that includes:
  • update guide
  • list of compatible Sony cameras and any restrictions
  • list of improvements brought by the update
  • list of compatible Pentax lenses and any restrictions
  • executable file to update to version 03
Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.
01-10-2023, 06:27 AM   #133
Pentaxian

Yeah, I got that. It's a fantastic update, really a step forward.
01-10-2023, 06:41 AM   #134
Pentaxian

MonsterAdapter published on the 1st of January the v03 firmware of their LA-KE1 Pentax K to Sony E electronic AF adapter.

LA-KE1 firmware v03 released, the third G Driver II empowered lens adapter from MonsterAdapter – MonsterAdapter

Link to download the .zip archive that includes:
  • update guide
  • list of compatible Sony cameras and any restrictions
  • list of improvements brought by the update
  • list of compatible Pentax lenses and any restrictions
  • executable file to update to version 03
I value Pentax because of the control I have using external dials, buttons, etc. I really hate the way Sony depends on menus like any other Sony device. No lens or adapter can overcome that.
01-10-2023, 08:26 AM - 1 Like   #135
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I value Pentax because of the control I have using external dials, buttons, etc. I really hate the way Sony depends on menus like any other Sony device. No lens or adapter can overcome that.

I have 2 K-1s and a Sony A7 IV and A7r V.
K-1 has 3 dials, 1 of them fully customizable, and 2 fully customizable buttons. Newer A7 cameras have 4 dials, 2 of them fully customizable, a joystick, and 12 fully customizable buttons. Sony cameras have changed a lot in terms of customization.