Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-12-2007, 04:33 PM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Menno Quote
Really would like to know what the specs of the K100D successor will be, I need just a bit more (like viewfinder and buffersize) than the K100D to replace my DS..
I am in exactly the same position, but even worse, I just found a really cheap bread new K100D for sale. I was waiting for the next model, but I'm wavering.

Thanks to the OP for the translation.

03-12-2007, 05:02 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Photography...Let's Talk about It.

QuoteOriginally posted by Penta x Tuga Quote
Benjikan,

Your ego sticks out constantly as a zoom lens stretching... You look like those guys who quit smoking and turn into anti-tabagism zealots. Go and make nice pictures.
We're all well aware by now of your sponsorship with Pentax and of your change of allegiance. Let's talk about photography, shall we?
OK..Let's..What aspect of photography do you wish to discuss? Lighting, Location Shooting, Studio Shooting, Mixed Lighting Set Ups, The Business of Photography, Legal Issues, Making it in the Business, Stock Photography, Post Production, Pre Production, Fee Structures, Art Buying, Ancillary Support, Still Life, Art Direction, Make-Up and Hair Artistry, Photoshop...Oh Yes and The Photo Critique.

Where would you like to commence?

Sorry everybody...This issue is not being directed to any of you. You have all been incredibly civil and reasonable, hospitable and tolerent of some of my rantings. This IS a direct response to the above posting and to "You"...Yes I have an Ego, we all do. It is what helped me survive in this incredibly competitive and cut throat business....

Last edited by benjikan; 03-12-2007 at 07:39 PM.
03-12-2007, 05:12 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Wow..OP went up this morning and already, the replies have spanned 3 pages!

Thanks alot for the translation. Its great to hear that they plan on getting all those lenses out double time.
03-12-2007, 05:54 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Hi Katsura,

It’s great that you and others take the time to translate articles like this, to the rest of us. I wish DC Watch had an English choice option as well; it seems a very good site.

Personally, I don’t really follow why they should be out with so many new upgrades for a camera model. Some people might want what is called the newest and just released. But I prefer the conservative approach that Pentax have followed earlier. Still it’s good that they don’t wanna rest, but constantly be on the move, and bring out new up-to-date, high-tech stuff.

Lenses and 645D will be next. In regard to a top of the line Pentax, a K5, I would like if they came out with a D2Xs equivalent, 12.4 MP CMOS sensor. Like I wrote in the Ned B. thread.

If they later on, wanna go for a APS-H 1.3 crop that's fine by me as well.

But if they wanna go the way with putting new K10 and K100 upgraded cameras on the marked often, they better not forget the ones that purchased the originals and started the K10 and K100 success to begin with.
I don’t know if it’s gonna be good for sales that they are already saying that a new upgraded model is on the steps.

I hope HOYA has a good vision with the merger, and can give support, otherwise I guess the Pentax guys wouldn’t have accepted it.

On another note, I’m really happy with this forum. You’re doing a great job, Mo and others. A very user friendly site.

03-12-2007, 06:07 PM   #35

Benjikan,

I'm sorry; my comment was too harsh perhaps. But every one of your posts has a "look at me" quality that is a bit annoying.

Yes, I understand you are a professional photographer with 20 whatever years experience, etc, etc. You just can't help it!

Anyway, that's fine, and I congratulate you for your work, altough most of the pictures I've seen from you do not fit my taste; but that's just a matter of taste. It is obvious you have the technique and the means to do good photography.

But please spare me the "poor me, I must have an enormous ego to survive in this ugly business"... If you don't like it, drop it.

In my professional life, I know I am also good at doing what I do; I just don't see the point in saying it everyday to everyone... A job well done speaks volumes for the one who did it, doesn't it?

Anyway, as an amateur, I hope to learn something from your experience. And I hope to enjoy good debates here with you.

No heart feelings?

Best Regards.
03-12-2007, 07:33 PM   #36
Veteran Member

Sharing Experience...

QuoteOriginally posted by Penta x Tuga Quote
Benjikan,

I'm sorry; my comment was too harsh perhaps. But every one of your posts has a "look at me" quality that is a bit annoying.

Yes, I understand you are a professional photographer with 20 whatever years experience, etc, etc. You just can't help it!

Anyway, that's fine, and I congratulate you for your work, altough most of the pictures I've seen from you do not fit my taste; but that's just a matter of taste. It is obvious you have the technique and the means to do good photography.

But please spare me the "poor me, I must have an enormous ego to survive in this ugly business"... If you don't like it, drop it.

In my professional life, I know I am also good at doing what I do; I just don't see the point in saying it everyday to everyone... A job well done speaks volumes for the one who did it, doesn't it?

Anyway, as an amateur, I hope to learn something from your experience. And I hope to enjoy good debates here with you.

No heart feelings?

Best Regards.
Something I am rather looking forward to...

Last edited by benjikan; 03-31-2007 at 01:58 PM.
03-12-2007, 07:57 PM   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by regken Quote
Thanks for the translation. A very ambitious agenda. Sony must be willing to let Pentax have the new sensor faster than I thought. There are certain features if added to the present sensors that would get me to buy a new body. There are other features I'd want if the sensor is larger. It sounds to me as though a smaller body is at least 2 years away.

Gearing the releases for the holidays is a very smart move. Anybody have an address I can send my “new feature” wish list to?

Regards,
I would be surprised if you see a Sony chip in the new camera. I personally do not think we will see THAT sensor at all.

Stephen

Stephen

03-12-2007, 08:03 PM   #38
Veteran Member

WOW! That is one long translation! Really appreciate the time you have spent on this to get the word out. I really hope that Pentax is listening this time around and sticks to their guns as they've spoken here. Thank you!
03-12-2007, 08:29 PM   #39
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Katsura,

Absolutely first rate and timely information. Thanks for the time and effort put forth to inform us. I was tempted to ask my mother-in-law to translate but now you have saved me from feeling "obligated" to do something in return

Also, ponder this. They mentioned that they are not going to bring insufficient #'s of lenses to market. That may well be the reason that the lenses, which were supposed to be released next week....have now been re-sceduled for two months from now. Sure sounds like they are learning from their mistakes.

Stephen
03-12-2007, 08:29 PM   #40
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I appreciate the translation very much; thanks.

And I'm getting quite a kick reading all the upbeat responses-very entertaining.

But I wonder if any of you 'optimists' ever listen to/watch Sunday morning talk TV in or from the USA? You know Meet the Press, This Week with Brinkley, Face the Nation? Politics?

Well, these two Pentax 'reps' could pass muster any day:

They said they are watching the market.
They were surprised by demand and some departments are still staggering from the shock of actually making so many sales so quickly.
They will be continuing to fill the entry/mid market orders and hope to grow in market share.
They might have some new products that they may make available near the Christmas buying season (specifically targeting the USA market). If revenues continue to grow and they can expand product to meet demand without back stepping.
They hope to keep existing customers happy but hungry.

Pretty typical 'sweet nothings' from the business world.
03-12-2007, 11:41 PM   #41

I'd like to add my thanks for the translation.
As for all the other diatribe:
1. Please, all of you stop, being so bloody sensitive and being so damn sure that you've got a handle on just about everything under the sun.
2. Remember that commerce is a world unto itself and has not, does not and never will have a great bearing on human happiness unless it is in the direction of discontent.
3. Technology is advancing at an exponential rate and what may have seemed in the past to have been a 'reasonable' gestation time for new developments, now seems slow and cumbersome.
4. All that one can be really certain of is that one cannot be certain of anything.
5. There have been rumours of non silicon based photovoltaic solar cells. Would anyone care to extrapolate as to where that might lead us in regard to photoimaging???
03-13-2007, 03:46 AM   #42
Veteran Member

All that one can be really certain of is that one cannot be certain of anything

QuoteOriginally posted by Rolly Quote
I'd like to add my thanks for the translation.
As for all the other diatribe:
1. Please, all of you stop, being so bloody sensitive and being so damn sure that you've got a handle on just about everything under the sun.
2. Remember that commerce is a world unto itself and has not, does not and never will have a great bearing on human happiness unless it is in the direction of discontent.
3. Technology is advancing at an exponential rate and what may have seemed in the past to have been a 'reasonable' gestation time for new developments, now seems slow and cumbersome.
4. All that one can be really certain of is that one cannot be certain of anything.
5. There have been rumours of non silicon based photovoltaic solar cells. Would anyone care to extrapolate as to where that might lead us in regard to photoimaging???
Now that is the most enlightening treatise I have heard in a long time..Thank You

Sincerely
Ben
03-13-2007, 04:02 AM   #43

Thank you very much...

Hi Katsura,

thank you very much for your time and effort. It's great to be able to understand the exciting news about Pentax. I am eager to see the K100D and K10D upgrades this year, 'cause I have skipped K100D and K10D. My *ist DS still performs very well.

Greetings from Istanbul.
Ali
03-13-2007, 05:52 AM   #44
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ben, wonder how often you will pick up the K10D or its replacement once the glorious 645D Appears? It could be the dream camera. As much as I love the K10D it would be hard for me to put a 645D down.
thanks
barondla
03-13-2007, 07:07 AM   #45
Veteran Member

Hmm... all this advertising that wasn't in the habit of Pentax and now the shorter update times seem like a fruit of Pentax-Hoya merge. I just hope that holliday deadline doesn't compromise the quality. We should all be aware that certain things take certain time.
In the times of moon race, when he had all resources at his disposal, a German leading NASA scientists , said: "They're expecting the impossible. It's like getting together nine wimen and expect them to deliver a baby in one month."

Oh and there's another one regarding fast pace: Rome wasn't built in a day.

I keep my fingers crossed for Pentax and their R&D and hope they won't have to compromise quality to meet sales people expectations. If I wanted a rebel I'd alredy have it.