Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-29-2021, 12:37 PM - 1 Like   #256
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
My main reason for going to the showroom was to see a K-3 III black and silver model side by side. I'd only seen a black on in normal stores. My verdict is that black looks best.
I say Silver!
QuoteQuote:
I'm going to see if they have a good fukubukuro at new year. That might be my cue to buy.
I was checking twitter and Ricoh Imaging Store posted their 2022 fukubukuro lineup. There are 3 black and 2 silver K-3III that come with Peak Design Everyday backpack 20L among other things. Not sure if you're tempted, but good luck if you are!
https://ricohimagingstore.com/fukubukuro-2022.html

(Fukubukuro or lucky bag is a form of New Year discount in Japan. A "bag" is typically an assortment of things at quite a large discount, and the sale typically starts on the first opening of the shop in the New Year. But these days some internet retailers accept preorders for fukubukuro before the New Year starts, which is totally against the idea of the thing in my mind, and large retailers like Yodobashi and BIC Camera already sold out theirs for 2022. Ricoh Imaging Store will accept the orders starting at 00:00 on January 1st.)

12-29-2021, 06:03 PM   #257
JPT
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kwb Quote
I say Silver!
I was checking twitter and Ricoh Imaging Store posted their 2022 fukubukuro lineup. There are 3 black and 2 silver K-3III that come with Peak Design Everyday backpack 20L among other things. Not sure if you're tempted, but good luck if you are!

(Fukubukuro or lucky bag is a form of New Year discount in Japan. A "bag" is typically an assortment of things at quite a large discount, and the sale typically starts on the first opening of the shop in the New Year. But these days some internet retailers accept preorders for fukubukuro before the New Year starts, which is totally against the idea of the thing in my mind, and large retailers like Yodobashi and BIC Camera already sold out theirs for 2022. Ricoh Imaging Store will accept the orders starting at 00:00 on January 1st.)
Thanks for explaining what a fukubukuro is. It was a bit inconsiderate of me not to explain.

The deals are quite attractive this time, especially with the backpack included. The only issue for me is that they are "outlet" cameras, and come with no warranty. There seems to be a two-week period to get back to Ricoh if there is a problem. But I can probably get a better deal elsewhere with the standard warranty.

I agree that the idea of selling out of fukubukuro before New Year is odd. Ricoh is showing them as "sold out" until January 1, but there is a note that this is temporary and then they will start to take orders while stocks last. So I guess they are keeping with the spirit of the event, except for the fact that there is no mystery as to what is in the bag.
12-30-2021, 06:15 AM   #258
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kwb Quote
I say Silver!

I’m not tempted at all. A ‘Fumubukara” is a good deal only if you would otherwise purchase the contents.
I have been using some form of shoulder bag for over fifty years now.
My KP came with a backpack when I purchased it three years ago;
other than removing the papers which stuffed it, I have never found a use for it.
Frankly, B&H wasted money and shipping {more money I guess} on it.
02-11-2022, 11:13 AM   #259
cls

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
The problem is, a series of shortcomings kept me wanting to upgrade - and I ended up paying more on that than if I'd had some other brand. Particularly in performance, and that's the one thing the K-1 doesn't give me. I admit being somewhat anxious myself, would the K-1iii be it? I mean, I don't need world-class, reviews-winning performance... just a good AF, reasonable FPS and better card write speeds...
If I had such a K-1iii already I could leisurely wait for, perhaps even not thinking about the next model. Pentax' slow pace would no longer matter.

Indeed; this is why I'm still a Pentaxian.

My position and feelings, exactly.

05-02-2022, 11:11 PM   #260
Pentaxian

It appears at the conclusion of the K-3 III Jet Black campaign, 119 (232-113) copies were sold.

Not as many as possible (232), but many more than were required. I guess considering that it was a combination of a camera and a lens (+ hot shoe cover) and was Japan-only deal for a purely cosmetic change (i.e., was mainly appealing to collectors and a few that did not own a K-3 III yet and/or were keen on a particular colour scheme), the campaign could be considered successful.