Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 146 Likes Search this Thread
11-29-2021, 08:18 AM   #76
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
That's been my guess unless the 645 has been dropped for good (I don't think that its likely). It seems like another FF camera is a long way away - at least two years? And from what they said it seems like a new entry level APS body isn't right around the corner either. What else in the near camera pipeline than a new 645?
I would expect another '645' only if they have nothing else to work on.
The K-70 could be improved, as could the K-1ii; in both cases, the K-3iii shows obvious paths of improvement.
If neither is ready for release, maybe Pentax just won't release anything new for awhile - that happened in the gap before the K-3iii.
We don't always have to have a new 'toy' available.

11-29-2021, 08:24 AM   #77
Pentaxian

It would be very interesting to see what they come up with if they do. Even though I no longer have a 645 and just a single lens left.
11-29-2021, 08:49 AM   #78
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Smolk Quote
I know, and I guess a mirror replacement isn't a DIY job, but if it were and if it were reversible it would be double interesting.
I guess they'd want to keep the extra costs down by cutting on the AF module assembly.
Not sure about reversible. DIY, definitely not; in service... I don't know. In theory they could also put back the AF module (if they don't e.g. use a different mirror box; but how much would it cost?
Probably it would be cheaper just to sell the camera and buy a new, standard one.
11-29-2021, 10:47 AM - 1 Like   #79
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by OoKU Quote
Because the 645 follow-up camera, has been completed, just waiting for release, and do not need to discuss.
BING BING BING BING BING in my head when read this!!! Holy moley, I so hope you are right!

11-29-2021, 10:50 AM - 1 Like   #80
Pentaxian

Because the 645 follow-up camera, has been completed, just waiting for release, and do not need to discuss.
Wow, should we expect something at CP+?
11-29-2021, 12:00 PM   #81
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

However likely these ideas are to be implemented their discussion certainly has elevated the mood around here.
11-29-2021, 12:20 PM - 2 Likes   #82
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
I guess they'd want to keep the extra costs down by cutting on the AF module assembly.
Not sure about reversible. DIY, definitely not; in service... I don't know. In theory they could also put back the AF module (if they don't e.g. use a different mirror box; but how much would it cost?
Probably it would be cheaper just to sell the camera and buy a new, standard one.
Including the AF assembly in a camera that's designed for MF sounds like a lot of money down the drain. I don't think many would switch back and forth considering the likely cost of the job.

11-29-2021, 01:42 PM - 2 Likes   #83
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Smolk Quote
Is this a rumour or a leak?
Hoping the latter, fearing the former.
Not that I’m in the market for one, but I do hope this is correct. The 645D and 645Z were “halo” products that kept the brand alive in the consciousness of professionals who would otherwise have dismissed it.
11-29-2021, 01:43 PM   #84
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
I might consider a MF K-1 ........ I've accumulated a bunch of old film lenses. including some Takumars, which I use with my K-30, since they allow me to set aperture at the lens.
It would probably still cost more than I typically pay for a camera body.
11-29-2021, 02:18 PM - 1 Like   #85
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
Not that I’m in the market for one, but I do hope this is correct. The 645D and 645Z were “halo” products that kept the brand alive in the consciousness of professionals who would otherwise have dismissed it.
I think they've been spooked by Fujifilm. There would be a lot of catching up to do. To start with, they would really need to get SR into it.

But anyway, they would not compete in compactness, so what is there that they could bring to the table that would make make it the MF of choice?
11-29-2021, 02:24 PM - 1 Like   #86
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
I think they've been spooked by Fujifilm. There would be a lot of catching up to do. To start with, they would really need to get SR into it.

But anyway, they would not compete in compactness, so what is there that they could bring to the table that would make make it the MF of choice?
150mp and great optical viewfinder....
11-29-2021, 02:49 PM   #87
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
Affordable vintage glass is another definite plus.
11-29-2021, 02:55 PM   #88
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
150mp and great optical viewfinder....
That would be overkill but they would leapfrog Fuji, yes. As for the OVF, would they implement the innovations they made with the K-3 III? That might be too much, in fact.
11-29-2021, 03:11 PM - 3 Likes   #89
Pentaxian

Since the Greek alphabet is kind of trendy nowadays, let's wait for the 645Ω, the ultimate Pentax 645 camera, the one none can 'resist'.
11-29-2021, 03:17 PM - 2 Likes   #90
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Since the Greek alphabet is kind of trendy nowadays, let's wait for the 645Ω, the ultimate Pentax 645 camera, the one none can 'resist'.
Might be inadvisable. A couple weeks ago the Pentax Omicron would have sounded really cool to me...