Show Printable Version 54 Likes Search this Thread
12-07-2021, 01:39 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by lmd91343 Quote
Thank you.

Hopefully a 1.31 user will speak up.

If it does I would need to postpone my upgrade to when I have several hours to re-enter about ten lenses.

Why can’t Ricoh tell us this stuff like real professionals?

If I made my living with my camera and the fine tuning was reset without my knowledge (like it has been) , I’d likely leave Pentax.
I think that is the exception. I have applied every upgrade to my K30/K3/KP and I haven't had to re calibrate so far, although I do always check, just in case.

12-07-2021, 02:18 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
Ricoh announced their new firmware update for the K-3 III today, which adds the SATOBI profile for another more nostalgic look. The was presented in their event on November 27.

It also displays the tone curve for each profile on screen.

Here is the page where you can get the update.
Latest PENTAX K-3 Mark III Firmware Update : Software Downloads | RICOH IMAGING
done , all good,
thank you
12-07-2021, 03:07 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Thanks for the heads-up … installed and running … just got to figure out exactly what 'SATOBI' is

QuoteOriginally posted by kwb Quote
Thanks, updated to the K-3III beta firmware 1.40.
It's 9:20PM and I really wanted to test GPS-less Astrotracer, but I need a clear sky first, right now it's hopeless. At least I can test Satobi tomorrow!

Really looking forward to this Astrotracer concept … just a pity it doesn't look likely for the K-70 or KP, with their tilting screens … we live in hope
12-07-2021, 03:19 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kypfer Quote
Thanks for the heads-up … installed and running … just got to figure out exactly what 'SATOBI' is

Really looking forward to this Astrotracer concept … just a pity it doesn't look likely for the K-70 or KP, with their tilting screens … we live in hope
Is it possible that it simply requires more computational power than those cameras offer? I have to imagine the K-3 III has a lot more ability in this respect. (The K-1/K-1 II won't get this concept, but don't need it due to built in astro tracer).

12-07-2021, 03:37 AM   #20
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Is it possible that it simply requires more computational power than those cameras offer? I have to imagine the K-3 III has a lot more ability in this respect..
Good thought! Quite possibly

As there's apparently space in the camera for extra features, it's a pity they chose to drop some of the Digital Filter effects … or maybe that's how they made the space

I wonder how long it'll take for SATOBI to become incorporated in DCU, if at all? That'd be one way of providing earlier cameras with the new functionality.
12-07-2021, 03:41 AM - 2 Likes   #21
Pentaxian

Anyone else here feeling bad because there's a new firmware update and he doesn't have the camera for it?
12-07-2021, 03:46 AM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Anyone else here feeling bad because there's a new firmware update and he doesn't have the camera for it?
I own a K-1 II which sounds like it will get an update. Do these updates include lens profile for the DFA 21 limited? Seems like that should be coming out too...

12-07-2021, 04:49 AM - 1 Like   #23
Veteran Member

what's a .jpeg profile? my K-1 has never come off RAW since the day I got it, I Couldn't even tell you where they are in the menus.
12-07-2021, 05:03 AM - 1 Like   #24
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike.P® Quote
my K-1 has never come off RAW since the day I got it
BIG mistake. Your K1 JPEG function may not work if you've never tested it, in which case you could have returned the camera under warranty for JPEG failure
12-07-2021, 05:29 AM - 1 Like   #25
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike.P® Quote
what's a .jpeg profile?
No idea. It's the "improved stability for general performance" that I want
12-07-2021, 05:47 AM   #26
Pentaxian

I know what you mean. I keep clicking "Windows update" but it doesn't seem to do anything at all to my K-1
12-07-2021, 06:26 AM   #27
Pentaxian

Downloaded, thanks. BTW, is there any way to apply these profiles to images once they are taken off the card - on a computer? I don't have the biggest cards around, so I wipe them every now and then.
12-07-2021, 06:28 AM   #28
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Smolk Quote
Downloaded, thanks. BTW, is there any way to apply these profiles to images once they are taken off the card - on a computer? I don't have the biggest cards around, so I wipe them every now and then.
Try putting the RAWs back to the card (keeping the folder structure, DCIM/folder) and develop the images in camera.
If they're already JPEG there's nothing you can do.
12-07-2021, 06:32 AM   #29
Pentaxian

Right, thanks, I'll try to do that. I save both RAW and JPEG.
12-07-2021, 06:38 AM   #30
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
You can see examples SATOBI on this page.
????????????PENTAX??????????? | RICOH IMAGING

In fact there is more news that this, but unfortunately it is not accessible to most of you. An article is up on Pentax Official Japan that gives some more information about these updates.

The new profile is coming firmware in 1.60 to the K-1 and 1.30 to the K-1 II as well, but it doesn't commit to a date. It is actually released in beta form today, but only to Photo ID users in Japan.

The article mentions that the KP and K-70 are on a completely different development base, so it looks like they will not get the new profile.

The beta firmware 1.40 for the K-3 III that provides GPS-less Astrotracer is also released today to Japan Photo ID members. It willl be released in spring 2022.

The article by the K-3 III developer Shigeru Wakashiro is here in Japanese.
https://pentaxofficial.com/shirebashiruhodo/12665/

Ironically, I could download these but I don't have any of the cameras concerned.
Thank you for the detailed information! Pretty interesting.