Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-09-2008, 01:02 AM   #61
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
didn't work for me...

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Just saw this on Amazon, haven't heard of them but going through Amazon is usually a safe bet.
Amazon.com: Pentax K20D 14.6MP Digital SLR Camera with Shake Reduction (Body Only): Electronics
Don't know what happened, but I used this link and got a price at Adorama for $704,
Brian (FHPhotographer)

12-09-2008, 01:13 AM   #62
Gus
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
You all seemed to enjoy yourself though
It was fun alright. The Price Pros now have it re-listed for double the price. Keep it rolling
12-09-2008, 07:05 PM   #63

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Suzu Quote
I agree, the camera I bought for $729 (body only) is now $699 (with a lens) when clicking the link in this thread. I just refreshed that same page and it's now $780......
QuoteOriginally posted by MacGirl Quote
I'm hoping to have the funds to upgrade to the K20D early next year. *crosses fingers*

I'm still getting the $699.99 price from Adorama by the way, just click the link, don't refresh.
UPDATE:
I called Adorama today and explained I bought a camera on Sunday and it was
a K20 body only for $729 and that I saw an advertisement for the same camera for $699 with a 18-55mm lens. They are sending me the lens and honoring the sale price

Adorama has another stisfied customer
12-09-2008, 09:58 PM   #64

QuoteOriginally posted by Suzu Quote
UPDATE:
I called Adorama today and explained I bought a camera on Sunday and it was
a K20 body only for $729 and that I saw an advertisement for the same camera for $699 with a 18-55mm lens. They are sending me the lens and honoring the sale price

Adorama has another stisfied customer
wow great service!

12-09-2008, 09:59 PM   #65

Wow. Good for them.

Mine is on the way...
12-10-2008, 07:36 PM   #66
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ah, the stability of technology prices (the cam's been out a year!) and a sliding economy. Hopefully I can keep my job long enough to upgrade my gear. ;-)
I think I'll wait until January.....
12-10-2008, 07:42 PM   #67

QuoteOriginally posted by eva2000 Quote
wow great service!
QuoteOriginally posted by jocko_nc Quote
Wow. Good for them.

Mine is on the way...
I got mine today and have been playing with it all night....great camera. Lots of differences compared to the K100, gonna take some getting used to.
12-10-2008, 10:11 PM   #68

I'm a couple of days away... Cannot wait to play with it.

Correct that: Tomorrow. Adorama is fast!

Last edited by jocko_nc; 12-10-2008 at 10:18 PM.
12-11-2008, 06:30 PM   #69
Inactive Account

will the price fall lower when the k30D is out? or....

or...will the production run be sold out?

$700 seems crazy; I have no $$ and still want to buy it
12-11-2008, 09:43 PM   #70
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Venturi Quote
Well, it's gone now so either they pulled it or someone snatched it up. I did poke around their Amazon store front and saw they also have/had the K200D for $800.00.
I tend to view resellers like this on Amazon - carrying a veritable cornucopia of offerings - with a strong sense of Caveat Emptor in mind. They're probably fine for buying nicknacks and low-tech items, but anything that normally comes carrying a warranty I would steer clear.
I find some of these comments regarding the seller a little strange.

Willoughbys is an established firm with a long history (Willoughbys Web Site). They are authorized dealers for many lines including Pentax. I have never done business with them, but have never heard anything bad either.

Steve
12-11-2008, 11:18 PM   #71
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I find some of these comments regarding the seller a little strange.

Willoughbys is an established firm with a long history (Willoughbys Web Site). They are authorized dealers for many lines including Pentax. I have never done business with them, but have never heard anything bad either.

Steve
My comment wasn't about Willoughby's, Steve.

The seller in question when this thread was started was some obscure reseller that had items ranging from oven mitts to battleships (obviously exaggerating here). Amazon rotates the seller periodically on item product pages; you might see Willoughby's one minute and then surf back to the item 10min later and Adorama will be the seller shown on the product page.

When I saw the listing posted originally I went to amazon and poked around the storefront of the seller that was "featured" on the product page with the uber low price to get an idea of who they were - I can't even recall their name but they weren't an authorized factory dealer I am quite certain. They had the one K20D and a K200D on their storefront, the K20D at $565 and the K200D at $800. They also had a couple canon bodies but most of their "inventory" consisited items not related to photography in any way.

There are quite a few resellers on Amazon that operate like this. Many of them get their inventories from buying bulk liquidation lots of miscellaneous merchandise that are customer returns and demos. Just head over to Liquidation.com and search "DSLR" to see what I'm talking about.
12-11-2008, 11:30 PM   #72
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Venturi Quote
...The seller in question when this thread was started was some obscure reseller that had items ranging from oven mitts to battleships (obviously exaggerating here). Amazon rotates the seller periodically on item product pages; you might see Willoughby's one minute and then surf back to the item 10min later and Adorama will be the seller shown on the product page...
Got it! Thanks for the info on Amazon. I often wondered if they rotate their sellers.

Steve