Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 309 Likes Search this Thread
01-04-2022, 04:55 PM   #46
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ronald Oakes Quote
Maybe one of the six versions will have a screen that is articulating ?
From what I can deduct that would add another 40% to sales from us Pentaxians that are still waiting for our real "Flagship" model to finally arrive !
A flagship DSLR should be full frame, IMHO.

01-04-2022, 07:18 PM   #47
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The monochrome version is the most intriguing from my perspective. Of course, much depends on implementation.

Steve
01-04-2022, 08:32 PM - 3 Likes   #48
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Owltown Quote
A flagship DSLR should be full frame, IMHO.
All very well to say, but there are three different sensor formats, so it’s valid to have a flagship in each. Otherwise, the flagship has to be the 645Z.
01-04-2022, 11:46 PM   #49
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by john14 Quote
I don’t care about red or blue bodies. I’m not interested in premium editions. I just want the K1 - style articulating screen. 95% of the development work has been done!
With a chance of 95% you might be waiting for a long time. I doubt they would add this to a K-3III and add to the thickness of the screen, as this would probably make the viewfinder unusable, by not providing enough space to see the full matte screen. But who knows, maybe they do?

01-05-2022, 02:10 AM   #50
Pentaxian

If I ever get a K3 III then I'd very much like it to be the gunmetal grey version, which looked superb when they did the same thing for the prestige edition of the original K-3.
01-05-2022, 02:34 AM   #51
ebk
Loyal Site Supporter

missing a mirrorless K3 mark 3
01-05-2022, 02:40 AM   #52
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Which begs the question, exactly what is the point of bleating about it? Accept it and move on. If it's that much of a strain, I'm pretty sure other manufacturers can give you a well built camera with a movable screen.
It's our Holy Mission to take personally and endlessly complain about every perceived slight, to punish the company for this terrible insult of making decisions we don't agree with.

01-05-2022, 02:43 AM - 3 Likes   #53
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ebk Quote
missing a mirrorless K3 mark 3
Just glue the corresponding dial to LV.
01-05-2022, 03:36 AM   #54
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
All black would be fun for the hardcore types.
Astro and Mono versions would be a hard sell.
Why would you want to change the shutter button feel? It is pretty close to perfection imo.
You have choices in the paint colour already, Black / Silver - Gun Metal will be a run out edition in a few years.
The MF with brighter prism? now that could stand alone and be a seller, especially if you have a collection of the back catalogue (which a lot of us do), the back catalog also work better in most cases with a crop sensor, the K-1 series highlights their deficiencies all too readily.

PS I can already hear the screams of anguish as the FF brigade start frothing at the bit - 'but the back catalog is designed to be used with a FF sensor, sacrilege and heathenism to suggest anything else!".
01-06-2022, 10:56 PM - 1 Like   #55

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
The K-3iii is the newest Pentax camera.
Why are they thinking in terms of extending its product life cycle already???
Because as we've seen with the Pentax KP after the initial diehard fans grab their newest Pentax camera upon release the second wave trickles along for 3 or 4 years then a final mad rush of panic buyers when the model is discontinued.

Maybe they can get 2nd body sales with niche offerings to the die hards? What's the worst that can happen? They sit on shelves in a stockroom for 4 years like the Pentax KP model did?
01-07-2022, 02:34 AM   #56
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by robbiec Quote
PS I can already hear the screams of anguish as the FF brigade start frothing at the bit - 'but the back catalog is designed to be used with a FF sensor, sacrilege and heathenism to suggest anything else!".
Yes, correct
The issue lies with wanting old lenses to be razor-sharp corner-to-corner at pixel-peeping levels. I have a couple lenses that are a fair bit older than me, and they make very pretty pictures even at A3+ size prints, even if you notice the softer corners.
Sharpness is a burgeois concept
01-07-2022, 03:11 AM   #57
Pentaxian

An all manual version would have to be released without a crippled mount in my opinion. Would kind of be DOA if you can't use some of the best manual glass without it getting in the way.
01-07-2022, 04:31 AM   #58
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ZombieArmy Quote
An all manual version would have to be released without a crippled mount in my opinion. Would kind of be DOA if you can't use some of the best manual glass without it getting in the way.
The firmware on the K-3iii gives new power to the old lenses.
The “crippled” mount may not be a problem under it.
01-07-2022, 06:21 AM - 1 Like   #59
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MMVIII Quote
With a chance of 95% you might be waiting for a long time. I doubt they would add this to a K-3III and add to the thickness of the screen, as this would probably make the viewfinder unusable, by not providing enough space to see the full matte screen. But who knows, maybe they do?
Seriously?

People really believe this garbage?
01-07-2022, 06:25 AM   #60
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
It's our Holy Mission to take personally and endlessly complain about every perceived slight, to punish the company for this terrible insult of making decisions we don't agree with.
The Holy Mission is to never question any Ricoh/Pentax design decisions.
Closed Thread