Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 309 Likes Search this Thread
03-25-2022, 07:38 AM   #271
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jersey Quote
Just because you would not spent does not mean no one would. Earth circles around sun not you. I have K-3 Mk III. Bought in presale, paid full official price of 1999,99 Euro. After I got it I spent additional ~2500$ for lenses. New ones. So yeah, I am a client for new 2000$+ cameras. Surprise, surprise.
It's no secret that Pentax considers the home market to be the most important one to them, with all other markets being of secondary importance.

Last edited by Wheatfield; 03-25-2022 at 09:10 AM.
03-25-2022, 08:24 AM   #272
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes, I understand. Whatever Pentax or Ricoh do is great just because they do it. And the gods forgive anyone who questions it.

I am sorry, really. Will self-flagellation be an appropriate penance?
03-25-2022, 08:49 AM - 2 Likes   #273
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
The earth doesn't circle around you, either. It's been no secret for at least since the dawn of time that Pentax considers the home market to be the most important one to them, with all other markets being of secondary importance.
It's not their fault that you failed to know that.
I'm going to leave this one in place only to make something clearer from the moderators perspective.

Typically a post as rude as this one might be deleted, and the poster receiving an infraction. You can reply to someone without being offensive, casting stones at them, or questioning their intelligence or motives.

These are exactly the type of posts that beg for an in-kind response from the OP, followed by a string of more unpleasant distractions between you and him, maybe others as well, before moderators are forced to step in and someone ends up claiming we're being "unfair".

Don't be the guy that makes a thread unpleasant. Every member here deserves better. Your words did nothing to improve understanding or otherwise contribute to the forum. The post only serves as an example of how not to interact with your fellow forum members. If anyone else sees themselves in this please take note. Being the reason others no longer wish to take part in our discussions should not be tolerated and won't be.

To the membership at large: Anytime you believe a post to be overly out-of-line please report it to the moderation team to deal with. We read every single report and will respond to you. By getting into a keyboard war with another it makes the thread messy, and more friendly members are discouraged from participating.

Last edited by gatorguy; 03-25-2022 at 08:57 AM.
03-25-2022, 08:51 AM   #274
Loyal Site Supporter

Just because you would not spent does not mean no one would. Earth circles around sun not you. I have K-3 Mk III. Bought in presale, paid full official price of 1999,99 Euro. After I got it I spent additional ~2500$ for lenses. New ones. So yeah, I am a client for new 2000$+ cameras. Surprise, surprise.
See the previous post.

Last edited by gatorguy; 03-25-2022 at 08:58 AM.
03-25-2022, 08:55 AM   #275
Pentaxian

jersey, just a question: which international crowdfunding platform should have they used instead, to make it work globally?
03-25-2022, 09:11 AM   #276
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
I'm going to leave this one in place only to make something clearer from the moderators perspective.

Typically a post as rude as this one might be deleted, and the poster receiving an infraction. You can reply to someone without being offensive, casting stones at them, or questioning their intelligence or motives.

These are exactly the type of posts that beg for an in-kind response from the OP, followed by a string of more unpleasant distractions between you and him, maybe others as well, before moderators are forced to step in and someone ends up claiming we're being "unfair".

Don't be the guy that makes a thread unpleasant. Every member here deserves better. Your words did nothing to improve understanding or otherwise contribute to the forum. The post only serves as an example of how not to interact with your fellow forum members. If anyone else sees themselves in this please take note. Being the reason others no longer wish to take part in our discussions should not be tolerated and won't be.

To the membership at large: Anytime you believe a post to be overly out-of-line please report it to the moderation team to deal with. We read every single report and will respond to you. By getting into a keyboard war with another it makes the thread messy, and more friendly members are discouraged from participating.
Post modified. My apologies.
03-25-2022, 09:31 AM   #277
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
jersey, just a question: which international crowdfunding platform should have they used instead, to make it work globally?
Kickstarter and Indiegogo should have worked - I've pledged to US and Japan-based campaigns a handful of times.

03-25-2022, 09:34 AM - 2 Likes   #278
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ubgoe.com allows for international accounts and funding from overseas. It has Google/FB registration and using it is pretty simple with Google translate. And Pentax could add info in English - it is not forbidden. So I think platform can be the same, I suppose that much hassle would be ok for those who are really interested in those products.
I am proud otaku so I have account and got some anime related stuff from ubgoe.

The only issue would be getting information across to poeple from abroad that there is such action. Not every Pentax K-3/3 shooter is here or even following pentaxrumors or similar pages (I would even risk saying that most are not) so some form of advertising through local channels would be required.
03-25-2022, 10:34 AM   #279
Pentaxian

Just because you would not spent does not mean no one would. Earth circles around sun not you. I have K-3 Mk III. Bought in presale, paid full official price of 1999,99 Euro.
Then you have no reason to purchase another one nor to envy those who have access to variants.
If you want to give another $2000 to Pentax, you could just purchase another one - or you could fly to Japan.

My point was that I would not spend $2000 of my own money on any camera.
03-25-2022, 10:39 AM - 1 Like   #280
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Then you have no reason to purchase another one nor to envy those who have access to variants.
If you want to give another $2000 to Pentax, you could just purchase another one - or you could fly to Japan.

But I would, and if Pentax is fortunate a lot of others will too. As for getting another, I came within a screen tap of getting a second one, Good reason too at the time, now glad I didn't. But I have had as many as three K-70's at once, and at one time at least that many K-S2's.

We all don't have the same purchase or use considerations. Understood yours differs from mine differs from the OP's, and all for valid personal reasons.
03-25-2022, 11:48 AM - 2 Likes   #281
Pentaxian

The point is, this is a trial run - using crowdfunding because they don't know if it will work, a small number of units and so on. Making it work globally would increase the costs, would increase the uncertainty (and yes, every aspect must be considered, including service/support). It's not out of spite.
I do hope it will work out well, and that they'd start offering these products globally.
03-25-2022, 01:42 PM - 3 Likes   #282
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I think what we are seeing here is a testing of the waters. I'm glad Pentax is trying this, and I think it's somewhat smart (in terms of being safe) to try it first in their backyard. OTOH, I would wager that if this got opened up worldwide they would easily crowdfund a lot more than 232 units....
03-25-2022, 02:10 PM   #283
Pentaxian

I don't know if this has been posted but, the Jedi Pentaxians have an option to turn to the dark side. OMG!!!
https://www.digitalcameraworld.com/news/the-darth-vader-of-dslrs-limited-edi...-the-dark-side
03-25-2022, 02:21 PM   #284
Pentaxian

Original Poster
The point is, this is a trial run - using crowdfunding because they don't know if it will work, a small number of units and so on.
Not willing to invalidate your thinking, but I think you are missing the point of special products in small batches. The key marketing concept is to create product appeal thru rarity, intentionally making a limited quantity of a product variant to create appeal for collectors, isn't targeting the market segments that buy generic products for photography.

---------- Post added 25-03-22 at 22:22 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by texandrews Quote
I think what we are seeing here is a testing of the waters.
Marketing to collectors.
03-25-2022, 02:48 PM - 1 Like   #285
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote

Perhaps I would like to sell silver one I have and get this all black? Or get second one. Or get some gadgets or all at once? I can't due to Pentax choice of making it country exclusive. It is their decision, but I have any right to complain and feel how I feel and voice my opinion about it.
Closed Thread