Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-27-2022, 10:27 AM - 1 Like   #421
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

True Monochrome for under 3k will change the market for Pentax

IMHO I think that the Monochrome version will be a BIG hit. I know I will buy one and have the lenses waiting to be used on it. I cannot afford a Leica, nor would I want one. But a Pentax Monochrome, yes for sure. The price on a K3 III now is $1700 and I read somewhere the new versions will be about a 25% increase, so we are looking at about $2200. Even $2500 would be worth it.

I also think there are a lot of folks that would crossover to Pentax to get a true monochrome dslr in that price range. Articulating screen or flash is not a deal breaker by any means for me. I never use the articulating screen on my K-70 now.

I am anxiously awaiting it's arrival and am saving for it already.

07-27-2022, 12:15 PM - 1 Like   #422

K 3 Black is available in the Netherlands

For those who r interested the k 3 Black is available for pre order in the netherlands at cameranu.nl.
07-27-2022, 12:24 PM - 2 Likes   #423
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by AmsAmt Quote
For those who r interested the k 3 Black is available for pre order in the netherlands at cameranu.nl.
Pentax K-3 Mark III DSLR Body Jet Black SE | CameraNU.nl
07-27-2022, 12:38 PM   #424
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I had seen it mentioned on a Japanese site, then again here, that the Jet Black version would eventually make it into other markets. Good to see it now offered in the EU.

07-28-2022, 10:41 AM   #425
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That's not at all expensive compared to the regular model - yet I already own the regular one... Would have loved this version though
07-31-2022, 01:10 PM - 1 Like   #426

Is there going to be a K3 iii version with at least a tillable rear LED screen? I have two K-1's and a K-3. A fixed screen is simply a no go for me on any future body.
07-31-2022, 02:46 PM - 1 Like   #427
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kingman Quote
Is there going to be a K3 iii version with at least a tillable rear LED screen?
Not a chance.

08-05-2022, 01:43 PM   #428
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
Not a chance.
Exactly. A K1 mk III though....
08-19-2022, 12:05 PM   #429

So...... just a rumor huh? Not actually going to happen.
08-19-2022, 12:10 PM   #430
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pblogic Quote
The first of the line, a black body is already on sale as shown above. On the Pentax timeline the others will follow, just not very quickly.
08-19-2022, 01:16 PM - 1 Like   #431
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kingman Quote
Is there going to be a K3 iii version with at least a tillable rear LED screen? I have two K-1's and a K-3. A fixed screen is simply a no go for me on any future body.
Not a chance.
QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Exactly. A K1 mk III though....
QuoteOriginally posted by pblogic Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by Kevin B123 Quote
The first of the line, a black body is already on sale as shown above. On the Pentax timeline the others will follow, just not very quickly.
The subthread you are responding to seems to be yet another futile raising the issue of a tilty screen for the K-3, not something Pentax has even hinted at.
I don't understand why someone with two K-1's would want a tilty screen on a K-3 - the K-1 should be adequate for racing mushrooms.

Last edited by reh321; 08-19-2022 at 01:24 PM.
08-19-2022, 10:40 PM   #432

Articulated screen is the only option

I use my K3iii regularly for interiors shoots where my K1 with its huge 15-30mm lens will not fit in tight corners. The K3 is missing the one thing that would make it near perfect in this situation with its much smaller lens options - an articulating screen! Many of my shots are taken either high-up or low down with my back literally against the wall. As a result, I often miss the 'perfect' shot for the want of being able to see what is happening on the screen. With every position requiring a tripod and a 12 second delay to give me time to get out of the room, that means quite a lot of wasted time! Come on, Pentax. The K3 iii is nearly there, almost a great camera - but missing one obvious essential.
08-19-2022, 11:12 PM - 1 Like   #433
Pentaxian

Then buy a KP! 🙄
08-20-2022, 02:24 AM - 2 Likes   #434
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by john14 Quote
I use my K3iii regularly for interiors shoots where my K1 with its huge 15-30mm lens will not fit in tight corners. The K3 is missing the one thing that would make it near perfect in this situation with its much smaller lens options - an articulating screen! Many of my shots are taken either high-up or low down with my back literally against the wall. As a result, I often miss the 'perfect' shot for the want of being able to see what is happening on the screen. With every position requiring a tripod and a 12 second delay to give me time to get out of the room, that means quite a lot of wasted time! Come on, Pentax. The K3 iii is nearly there, almost a great camera - but missing one obvious essential.
For that specific situation, Live View from the phone (through ImageSync) is actually a better idea because you can put *the camera* against the wall, getting more space. That works as well for the K-1, if the space that you miss is the photographer's
08-20-2022, 02:36 AM   #435
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
For that specific situation, Live View from the phone (through ImageSync) is actually a better idea because you can put *the camera* against the wall, getting more space. That works as well for the K-1, if the space that you miss is the photographer's
This is true. If you are really that cramped for space, there is no reason to stand behind the camera if you have a smart phone and image sync. To me, the phone app works quite well for tripod situations but it doesn't really help with overhead situations -- those really do need an articulating screen to work.
Closed Thread