Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 12 Likes Search this Thread
01-30-2022, 09:25 AM   #16
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by lytrytyr Quote
The name also includes "Goerlitz", but it's not made there either. Methinks these folk have already blown their credibility.
True... but that's just a brand name; not so different from Pentax as a brand name on cameras made by Ricoh. I'd like to see evidence that this new Trioplan is anything other than a triplet. If it has at least one element fewer or greater than three, they've lost the plot...

01-30-2022, 09:39 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
I'd like to see evidence that this new Trioplan is anything other than a triplet.
From

https://www.search-manual.com/meyer-optik-gorlitz-trioplan-35-35mm-f-2-8-len...-428489-manual

"Based on a traditional triplet optical design, this lens uses two additional elements to realize a well-corrected image quality"
01-30-2022, 09:44 AM   #18
Pentaxian

From

https://www.search-manual.com/meyer-optik-gorlitz-trioplan-35-35mm-f-2-8-len...-428489-manual

"Based on a traditional triplet optical design, this lens uses two additional elements to realize a well-corrected image quality"
This is about the Trioplan 35+ (note the "+") from the net SE era, which was launched as an addition to their Trioplan 35, not about this one (Trioplan 35 II).
01-30-2022, 09:45 AM   #19
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

From

Absolutely unbelievable... A five element triplet. I've seen it all now...

@BarneyL - my apologies for doubting you

EDIT: So, is it actually 35mm f/2, or have they made that up too?

01-30-2022, 09:50 AM   #20
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
This is about the Trioplan 35+ (note the "+") from the net SE era, which was launched as an addition to their Trioplan 35, not about this one (Trioplan 35 II).
That is a good point. I might have mistaken the '+' version with 'II'. Now that I'm googling it, I can't find anything official about the elements/groups composition of the lens, so I retract my original statement.
01-30-2022, 09:58 AM   #21
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Interesting to see that Sony E-mount users have another option in the recently-released Zenitar 35mm f/2... seven elements in five groups, but apparently produces bubble bokeh for those who wish it. Supposedly priced at 700 euro, but I see it available on Zenit's own website at 623 euro...

World first review of Zenitar 35mm f/2 for Sony E mount - sonyalpharumors

Zenitar 35mm f/2 lens
01-30-2022, 12:26 PM   #22
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

The name also includes "Goerlitz", but it's not made there either. Methinks these folk have already blown their credibility.
Is my memory correct that their product is made in Korea by Samyang. One thing that is certain is that they don't sell reissue of classic designs.

Steve

01-30-2022, 01:12 PM   #23
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Is my memory correct that their product is made in Korea by Samyang. One thing that is certain is that they don't sell reissue of classic designs.
From this at Photorumours, dated 27th of this month:

QuoteQuote:
“We are very pleased to now be able to introduce the Trioplan 35 II and are starting very positively into a new and hopefully more normal, year,” said Timo Heinze, Managing Director OPC Optics. “After we started with our new manufactory in Hamburg last quarter, the Trioplan 35 II is the first lens that will be manufactured there from the beginning.”
01-30-2022, 01:19 PM   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Wasn't part of their initial resurrection that they were a blend of German and Korean expertise?

I guess I figured that implied some of the design/components came from Korea while the assembly was in Germany.

Maybe I'm mixing them up with someone else...

-Eric
01-30-2022, 01:32 PM   #25
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
It's the same issue: "Trio" in the name, yet having five elements.
01-30-2022, 01:38 PM - 1 Like   #26
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
in a world where a camera company whose name is inspired by a pentaprism would actually produce cameras without one
PENTAX: pentaprism axed!
01-30-2022, 01:45 PM - 1 Like   #27
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote

Steve
QuoteOriginally posted by TwoUptons Quote
Wasn't part of their initial resurrection that they were a blend of German and Korean expertise?

I guess I figured that implied some of the design/components came from Korea while the assembly was in Germany.

Maybe I'm mixing them up with someone else...

-Eric
I think you are mixing up with Irix: supposedly designed in Switzerland (the company behind the Irix trademark is TH Swiss AG) and manufactured in Korea. 'Swiss precision and Korean ingenious solutions make a powerful mix' is their motto.

Samyang is not their manufacturer but the founder and CEO of TH Swiss AG, a Pole named Hubert Grzegorz Adamczyk, is also the CEO of a company called Delta, which used to be the European distributor of Samyang until 2014 and became then their exclusive distributor in Poland.
01-30-2022, 01:47 PM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PENTAX: pentaprism axed!
01-30-2022, 01:47 PM   #29
Pentaxian

It's the same issue: "Trio" in the name, yet having five elements.
Indeed but that was under the prior ownership, during 'the net SE era'.