Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 26 Likes Search this Thread
03-22-2022, 12:11 AM   #46
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Thanks, Adam, for organising such a nice contest. I'm not sure though whether my entry has actually been submitted. Is there any way to tell whether this has worked or not?

03-22-2022, 05:38 AM - 1 Like   #47

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
If you'd like more time, then, as a heads-up, there will be another contest shortly after this one that will feature another lens prize. The theme for that one will be "shoot the boring, mundane, everyday in a creative way", with no focal length restrictions. The idea is that for this contest, we want folks to go out and shoot a photo, rather than searching through archives to find something matching the theme. There is no such restriction for our monthly contests if that's what you'd prefer to do, however.

I'm afraid a 20 year span for some would not be enough time. Thank you Adam for separating the wheat from the chaff .
03-22-2022, 06:40 AM   #48
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by HoutHans Quote
Thanks, Adam, for organising such a nice contest. I'm not sure though whether my entry has actually been submitted. Is there any way to tell whether this has worked or not?
Check the contest galerie, if your picture shows up, all is well.

Special Photo Contest: Wide Open Spaces (2022) Gallery View - PentaxForums.com

edit: I think your image doesn't show up because you inserted the working BBCode (url) inside the brackets of a failed attempt (there should only be the image visible when you save your changes and not the url-code [delete the red text in your thread and it should work])

Last edited by othar; 03-22-2022 at 06:55 AM.
03-22-2022, 07:08 AM   #49
Pentaxian

Perhaps the most prestigious photo contest is the Pulitzer for journalism. You get a briefing then go out and need a photo later that day. No time and hardly knowing what you will shoot has created some of the most iconic photos ever taken.
I don't mind if my photo falls short. I am not an elite photographer. I learned, and had fun with photograph. The time and subject constraints were fun for me. If they hadn't been I would not have participated and created my own projects. I actually did both.

03-22-2022, 07:21 AM   #50
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by swanlefitte Quote
I learned, and had fun with photograph. The time and subject constraints were fun for me. If they hadn't been I would not have participated
I did too - although the contest is now in my distant past.

Last edited by reh321; 03-22-2022 at 09:24 AM.
03-22-2022, 12:59 PM   #51

How do i upload photo

---------- Post added 03-22-22 at 01:07 PM ----------

Hi I had some trouble attaching the ''14mm Photo Contest'' Prefix (i couldn't find any such prefix in the scroll menu)
So i made a thread for my entry here
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/18-monthly-photo-contests/439739-14mm-photo-contest-entry.html
(it's waiting for approval at the moment)

Sorry for the late entry! This took a while to sort out lol
03-22-2022, 01:16 PM   #52
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by vegan420 Quote
How do i upload photo

Hi I had some trouble attaching the ''14mm Photo Contest'' Prefix (i couldn't find any such prefix in the scroll menu)
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/18-monthly-photo-contests/439739-14mm-photo-contest-entry.html

Were you posting to the “Post Your Photos!” section??
Post Your Photos! - PentaxForums.com

03-22-2022, 01:34 PM   #53
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vegan420 Quote
How do i upload photo

That's the wrong section (you've entered our monthly photo contest instead). You'll find the correct link in the first post of this thread (feel free to delete the existing thread).

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-22-2022, 01:42 PM   #54
Pentaxian

That's the wrong section (you've entered our monthly photo contest instead). You'll find the correct link in the first post of this thread (feel free to delete the existing thread).
Yet another example of someone who was helped by your changing the deadline!!
03-23-2022, 01:04 AM   #55
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by othar Quote
Check the contest galerie, if your picture shows up, all is well.

Special Photo Contest: Wide Open Spaces (2022) Gallery View - PentaxForums.com

edit: I think your image doesn't show up because you inserted the working BBCode (url) inside the brackets of a failed attempt (there should only be the image visible when you save your changes and not the url-code [delete the red text in your thread and it should work])
Hmmm. I can't find it in the gallery. I'll see what I can do to correct this. Hopefully I'm not too late.
03-23-2022, 01:21 AM   #56
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by HoutHans Quote
Hmmm. I can't find it in the gallery. I'll see what I can do to correct this. Hopefully I'm not too late.
You can try to edit your existing entry by deleting that part: [/url]url=https://flic.kr/p/2n9YxA9]Orion @ 50 mm retake[/url] by url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/155361133@N02/]Hans Vedder[/url], on Flickr
It should work then in my opinion
03-23-2022, 08:59 PM   #57
Pentaxian

Today is the last official day of the contest, though I've added a grace period through the 23rd so that everyone can get their last-minute submissions in!
As an experiment. I began to enter another photo, and discovered that the "14mm Photo Contest" category is still available.
It is just about the end of March 23rd in the Eastern Time zone in the United States - exactly when will this category disappear??
03-24-2022, 10:27 PM   #58
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
The contest is now closed to new submissions. We will shortly announce the finalists and start a voting thread.

Thanks to all those who entered, and good luck!

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-26-2022, 11:50 AM   #59
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
We have now announced the finalists! Please vote in the thread below:
Finalist Voting: "Wide Open Spaces" (14mm Photo Contest) - PentaxForums.com

Voting closes in 1 week, at which point the winner will be announced.

Adam

03-26-2022, 02:05 PM   #60
Pentaxian

We have now announced the finalists! Please vote in the thread below:
Finalist Voting: "Wide Open Spaces" (14mm Photo Contest) - PentaxForums.com

Voting closes in 1 week, at which point the winner will be announced.
How were the ones to be voted on chosen??