Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-12-2008, 03:40 AM   #1
Veteran Member

New Pentax gear reviews by Ken Rockwell

I don't know that this has been posted already, but if it has I apologize:

Just saw that Ken posted reviews today of the Pentax ME, SMC Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, SMC Pentax-M 50mm f/1.7, and the SMC Pentax-M 100mm f/4 Macro. Pretty interesting.

Pentax Reviews

12-12-2008, 07:23 AM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Nothing Ken Rockwell says is interesting. He reminds me of a crazy homeless guy who tells you all the secrets to life and his opinion on everything while begging for pocket change.
12-12-2008, 07:45 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by AlbertSiegel Quote
Nothing Ken Rockwell says is interesting. He reminds me of a crazy homeless guy who tells you all the secrets to life and his opinion on everything while begging for pocket change.
I loved the page about the K20 he had

Jeremy
12-12-2008, 08:21 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Albert, I agree about Ken Rockwell mostly talking nonsense. But the comparison with homeless is utterly insulting (no pun intended) and arrogant. This would mean that poverty is proof for intellectual inability. It isn't, quite the opposite can be true. Rich and successful people are often socially and morally underdeveloped, which is IMO some sort of precondition to succeed in this world (look at the financial crisis).

12-12-2008, 08:45 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Ken Rockwell sometimes has interesting things to say, as long as you read his stuff knowing that he's being inflammatory for the sake of being inflammatory -- "Noone needs anything else than the cheapest Canon point & shoot *uses D3 with pro 2.8 tele zooms*). If nothing else, those reviews made me realize I want the M 100/4 Macro, which I previously didn't know I needed
12-12-2008, 09:08 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Ken rockwell's a joke. He provides a good laugh every now and then.
12-12-2008, 09:10 AM   #7
Veteran Member

For the most part, I see him trying to lure people to click through his referral links to online sellers. I guess it's standard fare for someone making a living off his/her blog.

As with any blogger over the internet, always take his/her words with a pinch of salt.

12-12-2008, 09:27 AM   #8
Veteran Member

C'mon guys, be kind, the man sys "I support my growing family through this website.

If you find this as helpful as a book you might have had to buy or a workshop you may have had to take, feel free to help me continue helping everyone."
He needs help ...:-)
12-12-2008, 09:45 AM   #9
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by soccerjoe5 Quote
Ken rockwell's a joke. He provides a good laugh every now and then.
I wholeheartedly agree!
12-12-2008, 10:34 AM   #10

I think if Pentax gets into his pages, he will like it. That is going to be free publicity for Pentax as people who don't like him or his comments still visit his pages, read the contents.
12-12-2008, 11:41 AM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Substitute Quote
C'mon guys, be kind, the man sys "I support my growing family through this website.

If you find this as helpful as a book you might have had to buy or a workshop you may have had to take, feel free to help me continue helping everyone."
He needs help ...:-)
he also says to take nothing he says seriously in the About Me
12-12-2008, 01:24 PM   #12
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ratjadi Quote
Albert, I agree about Ken Rockwell mostly talking nonsense. But the comparison with homeless is utterly insulting (no pun intended) and arrogant. This would mean that poverty is proof for intellectual inability. It isn't, quite the opposite can be true. Rich and successful people are often socially and morally underdeveloped, which is IMO some sort of precondition to succeed in this world (look at the financial crisis).

It is only insulting if you try to take a position of knowing what someone thinks when you are not that person or in their situation, that is the only thing arrogant about this in my opinion.

I never said or hinted that poverty is proof of intellectual inability. I simply gave a scenario of a believable situation which he can be compared to. I never thought of poverty as being synonymous with intellectual inability, that was your perception. That being said, could it be you that sees things that way?

Anyway, I based my opinion on an actual person I met while on assignment. This is hardly an arrogant attempt to insult anyone other than Ken Rockwell who I do believe is proof of intellectual inability. If anything, I insulted the homeless man when I compared Ken Rockwell to him.
12-12-2008, 02:27 PM   #13
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by vinzer Quote
For the most part, I see him trying to lure people to click through his referral links to online sellers. I guess it's standard fare for someone making a living off his/her blog.

As with any blogger over the internet, always take his/her words with a pinch of salt.
Ahhh, come on...He makes his living as a professional photographer! Just ask him!

Steve
12-12-2008, 03:16 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Noooooooooooooo...............
12-12-2008, 03:21 PM   #15
Veteran Member

I've always enjoyed this link: Ken Rockwell Facts
It's a great laugh... really.

-Brian