Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-28-2022, 11:45 PM - 4 Likes   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Looking only at the headline, a less startling headline might be "Ricoh Moves Theta Camera Business to Different Department."

"Stops Selling," at first glance, seems a little misleading, since they will continue to be sold from a different branch of the company.

03-01-2022, 12:00 AM - 1 Like   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by yucatanPentax Quote
Looking only at the headline, a less startling headline might be "Ricoh Moves Theta Camera Business to Different Department."

"Stops Selling," at first glance, seems a little misleading, since they will continue to be sold from a different branch of the company.
+1

The typical click-bait title.
03-01-2022, 12:04 AM   #18
Pentaxian

I don't think it's intentional - it's Mistral's - but indeed, it's the wrong way to say it.

And... it started circling around...

Last edited by Kunzite; 03-01-2022 at 03:45 AM.
03-01-2022, 09:52 AM - 2 Likes   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I can see myself using it.
Yes - when you look at any of the photos!

03-01-2022, 04:17 PM - 2 Likes   #20
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
There are many photography products that I wouldn't buy because they're just not for me but the Theta is one item where I can see absolutely no reason for it's existence. I'm not surprised if they've decided to step back from putting so much effort into selling it.
Initially it was a selfie camera, but it has uses in commercial situations such as property walk-throughs for Real Estate.

You'll need to view the image below in Flickr to see the spherical view.

Ricoh Imaging Square
by RobGeraghty, on Flickr

Selfies are actually not my thing. The 360 video is actually fun though.