Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-15-2008, 05:07 PM   #76

Photos: Gallery
750z......

I think it might be something like an optio 750z with a mount for limited lenses...

Now that would be ''something beautiful"

12-15-2008, 05:34 PM   #77
Veteran Member

it's Tuesday in my part of the world... what happened?
12-15-2008, 06:31 PM   #78

i guess we will know tomorrow morning HG..the Americans are always behind us... its 4.30pm yesterday there!
12-15-2008, 06:34 PM   #79
Veteran Member

Riflescopes and binoculars

QuoteOriginally posted by HGMonaro Quote
http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/PENTAX-Introduces-New-Line-Binoculars/story.aspx?guid={367969E4-1C0A-4940-9E18-778FFE69E55E}
Maybe thats it.... PENTAX Introduces New Line of Binoculars and Rifle Scopes - MarketWatch

12-15-2008, 06:43 PM   #80

mmm so i can take another Pentax for my next walk in the hills with my rifle...take some wildlife shots in a whole new way...Noice!
12-15-2008, 06:45 PM   #81
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/PENTAX-Introduces-New-Line-Binoculars/story.aspx?guid={367969E4-1C0A-4940-9E18-778FFE69E55E}
Maybe thats it.... PENTAX Introduces New Line of Binoculars and Rifle Scopes - MarketWatch
Underwater DSLR with interchangeable lenses. If you buy 2 kits (Holiday discount avaiulable) you can join them together and use as a Underwater binoculars. Take stereoscopic images too with wirelessly synchronized shutters and AF modules.
12-15-2008, 07:29 PM   #82
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
Sorry I think this is more than a correction. If it was a correction there would not be so much taxpayers money being used to buy out banks and car companies....
Really, I think the majority of citizens (not all) in this country are as much to blame as CEOs. There were not enough people asking themselves "Should I?" as opposed to "Why not?". People living well beyond their means, people without enough self awareness to not borrow money for a house they knew they couldn't afford. Instead of buying a car that would suffice, buy one that was twice as much - hoping to make a statement to strangers that could care less. There are a lot of people that believe all these people are victims... There are people making money convincing the general public that they are all victims and they are not responsible for their own actions (I call it the news). It's an addiction pure and simple. We all wanted, when we wanted it, had it shipped overnight air so we wouldn't have to wait, never had a second thought, always someone there to hand out the money, convinced ourselves we needed it because we wanted it. All these things to fill voids in our lives... This rant all stemmed from us wondering about this wonderful new camera that's going to make us all better photographers - express ourselves better, but will it??? Maybe we are all victims to this marketing campain. Maybe we should get a good trial lawyer to put those evil camera makers in their place..... How dare they.

Anyways, there was a lot of growth in a short amount of time that went unchecked and now we are all paying for it... The economy is correcting itself - plain and simple.

12-15-2008, 07:36 PM   #83
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by HGMonaro Quote
But its not 2 pm in California.
12-15-2008, 07:39 PM   #84
Veteran Member

We should all know by now that 2pm California is the new Zulu. Don't forget to adjust your watch.
12-15-2008, 08:18 PM   #85
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by the_int21h Quote
Really, I think the majority of citizens (not all) in this country are as much to blame as CEOs.

We live in the age of rationalized selfishness. A closing age. But it is a mindset that has been conflated with patriotism since the election of 1980.

This mess is 30 years in the making.

The capital built by the 'Greatest Generation' was hedged against the egos of the last thirty years.

After all, if you buy into the last 30 years of rhetoric, there's nothing a tax cut and an ego can't solve.
12-15-2008, 08:45 PM   #86
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wow, talk about a hijacked thread !

Take the politics and salty language down to yer local pub, gents!

Thanks much!

germar
12-15-2008, 08:48 PM   #87
Veteran Member

Really this has been in the making for a lot longer than 30 years. There's no reason to assess blame other than to start a debate of who's political machine is better - they're both very good at rallying their masses to get what they want, but for the general well-being of the public they both suck. If we are ever to get out of this, our energy is best spent on fixing the problem as opposed to wasting it figuring out who to blame. And on that note, this discussion has gotten grossly off-topic and I think if we should continue this chat, we should start another thread in General Discussion.
12-15-2008, 09:42 PM   #88
Veteran Member

Can these binoculars shoot HD movie or what?
12-15-2008, 10:20 PM   #89
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by the_int21h Quote
Really, I think the majority of citizens (not all) in this country are as much to blame as CEOs. There were not enough people asking themselves "Should I?" as opposed to "Why not?". People living well beyond their means, people without enough self awareness to not borrow money for a house they knew they couldn't afford. Instead of buying a car that would suffice, buy one that was twice as much - hoping to make a statement to strangers that could care less. There are a lot of people that believe all these people are victims... There are people making money convincing the general public that they are all victims and they are not responsible for their own actions (I call it the news). It's an addiction pure and simple. We all wanted, when we wanted it, had it shipped overnight air so we wouldn't have to wait, never had a second thought, always someone there to hand out the money, convinced ourselves we needed it because we wanted it. All these things to fill voids in our lives... This rant all stemmed from us wondering about this wonderful new camera that's going to make us all better photographers - express ourselves better, but will it??? Maybe we are all victims to this marketing campain. Maybe we should get a good trial lawyer to put those evil camera makers in their place..... How dare they.

Anyways, there was a lot of growth in a short amount of time that went unchecked and now we are all paying for it... The economy is correcting itself - plain and simple.
not to mention a small minority of people who made a sh!tful of money off of them knowing all too well that it was a pile of bad paper. But who cares, it's their own fault.
There are reasons (mostly good) for rules and REGULATIONS.... some seem to forget that when looking the other way puts a wad of cash in their pocket...
There's enough blame for everyone... what you need is a return to MORALS in business and the social conscience beyond pure greed.
I'm sure there were a whole bunch of loan officers that said "hey everyone else is doing it, why not"
12-15-2008, 10:57 PM   #90
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by germar Quote
Wow, talk about a hijacked thread !

Take the politics and salty language down to yer local pub, gents!

Thanks much!

germar
I agree.. please keep on topic.