Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-05-2022, 01:22 AM - 7 Likes   #1
Pentaxian

New GRiii/GRiiix firmware

Quite substantial ones:
QuoteQuote:
<Added the following enhanced features>

[Snap Distance Priority] is added in the “Shooting Settings” menu.
[Auto-area AF (Center)] is added to the options for [Focus] in the “Focus Settings” menu.
“Enable AF” has been added to the Shutter Button Setting.
“3.5m” has been added to the Snap Focus Distance.
• Long tapping on the playback screen can now recall the Playback Settings.
For more details click here

<Improved Contents>

When using the PEG image processing and editing function "Trimming", the ADJ display for aspect ratio selection is now aligned with the selected aspect ratio.
In Select AF/Pinpoint AF, AF operation in dark areas has been improved.
Latest GR III Firmware Update : Software Downloads | RICOH IMAGING
Latest GR IIIx Firmware Update : Software Downloads | RICOH IMAGING

04-05-2022, 05:30 AM   #2
JPT
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Thanks for pointing this out. I'll give it a try at the weekend.

I think this is basically adding the firmware tweaks they made for the GR IIIx Urban Edition to the standard model and also to the GR III. Any AF improvements are welcome too.
04-07-2022, 02:25 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Great! Whereas the 3.5m snap focus distance is probably more useful in the GRIIIx with its longer focal length and thus shorter depth of field, I imagine it could be useful on the original GRIII as well. I'll check what the depth of field range will say at 3.5m, perhaps I'll be able to get faster shutter speeds using a slightly larger aperture than at shorter options to get DOF to infinity and get more foreground in focus than a similar setting at 5m... I'll upgrade on Saturday.

Tx, Wim