Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 185 Likes Search this Thread
04-11-2022, 03:37 PM - 6 Likes   #121
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ronald Oakes Quote
Here we go down the Dead Rabbit Hole.....mehhh.
Pentax really needs to pull something decent out of its hat !
None of this weirdness is doing anything at all for me.....disgusted !
Not merely unimpressed, but actually disgusted, you say? Goodness me... Strong stuff indeed

04-11-2022, 04:46 PM   #122
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Not merely unimpressed, but actually disgusted, you say? Goodness me... Strong stuff indeed
That pretty much sums it up.
I'm sorry to say that all I believe we are seeing here with this weirdness is Pentax is rattling the last two Bones it has !
04-11-2022, 06:23 PM - 5 Likes   #123
JPT
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Here we go down the Dead Rabbit Hole.....mehhh.
Pentax really needs to pull something decent out of its hat !
I think you're going to be impressed by Ricoh's latest technological breakthrough.

04-11-2022, 07:15 PM - 2 Likes   #124
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That pretty much sums it up.
I'm sorry to say that all I believe we are seeing here with this weirdness is Pentax is rattling the last two Bones it has !
Sigh........sounds like you're in the wrong place.

04-11-2022, 07:28 PM   #125
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
I think you're going to be impressed by Ricoh's latest technological breakthrough.

https://youtu.be/IGpc80JnIpQ
Hahahaha! That's awesome! They could potentially have the next ASIMO.
04-11-2022, 07:31 PM   #126
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jpt Quote
i think you're going to be impressed by ricoh's latest technological breakthrough.

https://youtu.be/igpc80jnipq
roflol.....love it !

---------- Post added 04-11-22 at 19:33 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by carlb Quote
Sigh........sounds like you're in the wrong place.
Being a 40 year Pentaxian , I must persevere until the End !
04-12-2022, 01:39 AM - 2 Likes   #127
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax really needs to pull something decent out of its hat!
The 645Z, K-1 Mark II and K-3 Mark III are all quite decent cameras. Maybe you should try them!

QuoteQuote:
Fortunately for Ricoh, you are not their only market. These niche products might just make the company some money while they develop the really new stuff

04-12-2022, 02:00 AM - 3 Likes   #128
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
The 645Z, K-1 Mark II and K-3 Mark III are all quite decent cameras. Maybe you should try them!
And there's a not so small list of lenses.
For someone to get "disgusted" he has to ignore most of what Pentax launched in the last decade, and concentrate exclusively on a small variation of one of these very much decent products.
04-12-2022, 02:14 AM   #129
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
And there's a not so small list of lenses.
Prices are increasing . There are a lot of Pentax lenses missing in your lineup, so I would highly recommend you buy more lenses before all lenses get even more expensive . You'd save money (on future price increases) and you'd do a favor to Pentax as well , leading the way by example.
04-12-2022, 02:40 AM - 1 Like   #130
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Prices are increasing . There are a lot of Pentax lenses missing in your lineup, so I would highly recommend you buy more lenses before all lenses get even more expensive . You'd save money (on future price increases) and you'd do a favor to Pentax as well , leading the way by example.
Looking at Alex's profile, he seems pretty well set up so far as glass is concerned. He's got 21 - 450mm covered with very decent, mostly full frame glass, including macro capability. Aside from ultra-wide, I don't see what else he might need... What he might want could be a different matter, though
04-12-2022, 02:50 AM   #131
Pentaxian

He's got 21 - 450mm covered with very decent, mostly full frame glass, including macro capability. Aside from ultra-wide, I don't see what else he might need... What he might want could be a different matter, though
I'm not sure if the 21 is real. Most lenses I see are from many years ago , from the Pentax apsc era (DA lenses). I see only I don't see the D-FA 24-70, no DFA* 70-200, no D-FA 70-210, no D-FA*85, no DFA 15-30. A lot of modern DFA lenses missing in the lineup. In my profile I could had the 3 lenses that I don't have, like the D-FA 21 limited, the D-FA * 85, and the D-FA *50. Still looking forward to see if the expected D-FA 35 or D-FA 28 fast primes will materialize, based in the roadmaps from the previous years. I saw a super offer for a used DFA 70-210 recently for 800 Euros (now it sells at 1200 Euros new), someone switching systems I suppose (there were a bunch of other Pentax lenses as well in the offer), I would have had a twin K1-DFA 70-210 kit. I'm intrigued myself what I would buy if I started from scratch: a Pentax K1, with a DFA21 ltd, DFA28-105 and a DFA70-210, and nothing else, all good light weight lenses covering 21mm to 210mm. And with the money left (from not buying 9 lenses), I'd get myself an 8x10" view camera with a couple of lenses, 8x10 film holders, and filter development kit.

Last edited by biz-engineer; 04-12-2022 at 03:01 AM.
04-12-2022, 03:41 AM - 1 Like   #132
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Most lenses I see are from many years ago , from the Pentax apsc era (DA lenses). I see only I don't see the D-FA 24-70, no DFA* 70-200, no D-FA 70-210, no D-FA*85, no DFA 15-30. A lot of modern DFA lenses missing in the lineup.
Maybe he doesn't need those lenses, biz, given that he has most fields of view admirably covered.

There are lenses I don't own for my Pentax APS-C kit, such as the DA*11-18, new DA*16-50, DA55-300 PLM etc. I don't need them, I don't particularly want them, I'm not buying them. It's not about collecting complete sets of the latest glass (though Ricoh would love us to do so, I'm sure), but owning and using what we want and need... isn't it? We're all different in that respect...

I have a good, fast 85mm for my A-mount full frame setup, and I think I've used it maybe three or four times in as many years. It turns out I really don't use that field of view very often, and when I do, it's typically covered by one of my zoom lenses... perhaps not quite at the same image quality, and with a slower maximum aperture, but that suits my needs well enough...
04-12-2022, 03:57 AM   #133
Pentaxian

Maybe he doesn't need those lenses, biz, given that he has most fields of view admirably covered.
As you know, we don't buy lenses because we need them, we buy lenses because we want them. In case there is some latent desire to buy more lenses, I'm trying to help community members, like they helped me to buy more Pentax products when I was unsure what to do.
04-12-2022, 04:11 AM   #134
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

As you know, we don't buy lenses because we need them, we buy lenses because we want them. In case there is some latent desire to buy more lenses, I'm trying to help community members, like they helped me to buy more Pentax products when I was unsure what to do.
Aaaaaahhh... now I understand
04-12-2022, 04:25 AM - 1 Like   #135
Pentaxian

I'm not sure if the 21 is real. Most lenses I see are from many years ago , from the Pentax apsc era (DA lenses). I see only I don't see the D-FA 24-70, no DFA* 70-200, no D-FA 70-210, no D-FA*85, no DFA 15-30. A lot of modern DFA lenses missing in the lineup. In my profile I could had the 3 lenses that I don't have, like the D-FA 21 limited, the D-FA * 85, and the D-FA *50.
I don't know what do you mean by that... given that I do own the D FA 21mm f/2.4 (which might be the only one sold in Romania). Hope you're not calling me a liar.
Do I put my money where my mouth is? Well, my last purchased lens is the latest Pentax release. I'm an active Pentax customer.

And what's with me not buying every single lens the manufacturer provides?
The D FA 28-105 is a better walkaround lens than the D FA 24-70.
The D FA 150-450 has a longer range than the D FA* 70-200 or the 70-210.
The D FA 21 Limited is lighter and smaller than the D FA 15-30 (OK, I underestimated how long I had to wait for it...).
The D FA* 85, can't justify spending 2,000 euro on that lens - as I'm not heavily into portraiture. I'd rather be saving for the K-1iii.

Me making choices, how does it invalidate what I said?
Particularly since all the lenses in my gear list are - I hope to agree - very much decent products?
Closed Thread