Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-24-2008, 07:20 AM   #151
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Very good marketing move before Christmas and New Year.
"K-m white" rush is already started - I know.
of course it has, despite what some people here might think, this camera has a lot of buzz. it will sell very well, and it will most assuredly promote the pentax name.

12-24-2008, 10:10 AM   #152
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I just hope that white is the right color. I wonder what people who are moving to dSLRs for the first time would pick of a white k2000 was sitting next to a red or blue Lumix DMC-G1?

On the plus side at least canikon hasn't come out with colored camera yet.

Daggum I hope pentax gets their product out more. I'd hate to see the brand die or get absorbed like Konica-Minolta did.
12-24-2008, 10:48 AM   #153
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by lurchlarson Quote
Daggum I hope pentax gets their product out more. I'd hate to see the brand die or get absorbed like Konica-Minolta did.
I cant possibly see that happening in the foreseeable future.
12-24-2008, 12:26 PM   #154
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lurchlarson Quote
I just hope that white is the right color. I wonder what people who are moving to dSLRs for the first time would pick of a white k2000 was sitting next to a red or blue Lumix DMC-G1?

On the plus side at least canikon hasn't come out with colored camera yet.

Eh. If I wanted a special-color camera, I'd rather have the white, anyway. Fact is, Lumix isn't making SLRs I'd actually really want, but how they look in black is not something I'd pass up. (I have one of their compact ones, and they do impress) I like things to look pretty, but not at the expense of practicality as regards not having frivolous-looking gear. (There's some dark grey and olive green Voigtlander RF's I'd probably choose over black, nonetheless.) It's really about what looks 'right' on a given thing, I'd say: as mentioned in another thread, I remember when Canon came out with a bunch of would-be-trendy 35mm point and shoots, in festive colors... They weren't trendy colors.

(except maybe the white, actually.)

12-25-2008, 11:24 PM   #155
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Eh. If I wanted a special-color camera, I'd rather have the white, anyway. Fact is, Lumix isn't making SLRs I'd actually really want, but how they look in black is not something I'd pass up. (I have one of their compact ones, and they do impress) I like things to look pretty, but not at the expense of practicality as regards not having frivolous-looking gear. (There's some dark grey and olive green Voigtlander RF's I'd probably choose over black, nonetheless.) It's really about what looks 'right' on a given thing, I'd say: as mentioned in another thread, I remember when Canon came out with a bunch of would-be-trendy 35mm point and shoots, in festive colors... They weren't trendy colors.

(except maybe the white, actually.)
I completely agree. I would never buy the g1. However, I wonder about newcomers to DSLRs and SLRs in general comparing MPs (the only tech spec they'd probably know) and then superficial things like color might seal the deal.

I'm just wondering about people who WOULD pick based on color if white is the color they would choose.
12-27-2008, 10:18 AM   #156
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The Lumix G1 is NOT an slr. It has interchangeable lenses. Outside of that, its a hybrid. It uses a micro 4/3rds mount and can use 4/3rds with an adapter. I think making the hybrids with interchangeable lenses was a very good idea. I never could figure out why Nikon never did that with the Cool Pix 5700 and its successors.