Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-16-2008, 03:12 PM   #61
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
When I saw the picture, all I could think of was the inevitable grim that will collect in the nooks and crannies.
I was thinking the same. Imagine all the fingerprints and smudges coming from a day taking pics in the field...

I can already see the next logical step: weathersealed white body + kit lens. You get home, take the SD card out, stuff the camera with lens in the dishwasher and by the time you're done with the postprocessing, your camera is sparkling clean again!

12-16-2008, 03:12 PM   #62
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Samsungian Quote
I didn't notice its price but Limited Edition makes me think it will price above what a Body Only K20D is right now
Samsungian, I am not questioning you, but... how is that (price) going to attract new comers? Also, being a limited edition how will that attract new comers? Doesn't seem to smart to me.

Jeremy
12-16-2008, 03:13 PM   #63

This is quite ironic to Canons white expensive pro L-gear
12-16-2008, 03:15 PM   #64
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jeremy_c Quote
Samsungian, I am not questioning you, but... how is that (price) going to attract new comers? Also, being a limited edition how will that attract new comers? Doesn't seem to smart to me.

Jeremy
I think "limited edition" here just means: "We ain't gonna make too many of these (unless they sell like hotcakes)".

12-16-2008, 03:22 PM   #65
Veteran Member

hotcakes seem pretty popular on the pentaxforums
12-16-2008, 03:24 PM   #66
Kei

Hopefully Pentax is just leaving the big things to be announced in January 2009. Just the white k2000/K-m is rather disappointing, especially it is only a limited edition.

If the white k2000/K-m is available as a regular then its great to smuggle it in as a P&S given its small size (with a pancake lens or the FA50 attached). Perfect camera for those events where "pro" cameras are not allowed while all cellphone and P&S can shoot like crazy.
12-16-2008, 03:29 PM   #67
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kei Quote
Hopefully Pentax is just leaving the big things to be announced in January 2009.
A white K20D!!!!

12-16-2008, 03:34 PM   #68
Veteran Member

although it is Digital and a limited edition, do you think it would become a collectable, like a K10D Grand Prix?
And before you say "cameras are to be used, not collected!" think of the classic camera market at the moment. So, you never know........
12-16-2008, 03:40 PM   #69
Kei

QuoteOriginally posted by slomojoe Quote
A white K20D!!!!
Dear god, no! I can imagine a funky colour K-m/k2000 but a white k20d/k200d will give me the creeps. I don't mind going nuts will all skittles-colours for entry level but anything above that with colours other than black is just horrible.

Edit: Wonder if they sell the white 18-55mm DAL seperately? It will be fun to poke at my brother (a Canon shooter) with the "L" lens mounted on a black K-m

Last edited by Kei; 12-16-2008 at 03:58 PM.
12-16-2008, 03:52 PM   #70
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Absolutely ******* typical...

and embarrasingly butt-ugly to boot. WTF? I thought the whole idea was to get people to take you seriously.

One of the STUPIDEST moves they've ever made, and they should have just announced it when they brought the cheap camera out, not made a big deal out of it like this.

Their marketing department gets stupider daily, it seems. Why don't they put some out with flames on it, or pictures of scantily-clad women?

At least the Panasonic coloured SLR's aren't but-freaking ugly like this.

Absolutely hideous, in very poor taste, and extremely embarrassing. While before we were just lagging behind technologically, now in addition to that we're the laughing stock of the photo world.

Unbelievable. Worse than I could possibly have imagined. Much worse.

Cameron
12-16-2008, 04:04 PM   #71
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The idea of funky colors in Pentax cameras goes back a long time. I recall a gold (?) LX with brown leather - truly hideous (makes the white K2000 look tasteful). I'm pretty sure I remember some ME-Super models with "unusual" colors, as well.

So this is nothing new nor was it ever a "big deal" - we turned it into that ourselves. I'm data driven, and in the two or three threads on this nonevent, I found not one shred of evidence supporting the introduction a major new Pentax camera. On the contrary, the only poster (largely ignored) professing knowledge of the announcement clearly indicated it to be a minor blip in the baseline.

But beyond the data (or lack thereof), the proposition that any company (even Pentax) would launch a completely unheralded, important new camera nine days before Christmas was patently unreasonable from the beginning. It would be as stupid as giving someone with a 50 grand-a-year income a no-money-down balloon mortgage on a $450,000 house, and who would do that?

Jer
12-16-2008, 04:08 PM   #72
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
But beyond the data (or lack thereof), the proposition that any company (even Pentax) would launch a completely unheralded, important new camera nine days before Christmas was patently unreasonable from the beginning. It would be as stupid as giving someone with a 50 grand-a-year income a no-money-down balloon morgage on a $450,000 house, and who would do that?

Jer
LOL, Thank You.
12-16-2008, 04:38 PM   #73
Veteran Member

Haha I totally agree with the Stormtrooper comments! It would be the perfect accessory.

A white K2000 + silver FAJ75-300. You can shoot in style w/o raising the ire of today's post 9/11 security/police.
12-16-2008, 04:52 PM   #74

OK nice ideea, but i believe more than 90 percent of us are not metrosexuals (i hope) nor going to snipe people in the middle of fkin Siberia dressed in perfect winter camo and than make pictures with a big as* white DA 600...
Please, some serious announcement, now, soon!!!!
12-16-2008, 05:06 PM   #75
Veteran Member

They kind of missed the boat with this one. Even Apple is moving away from white with the new MacBooks (silver colored aluminum). The iphone and imacs are the only white-only they have left (I think).

That being said...it's different...I kind of like it because I'm weird.