Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-16-2008, 08:08 PM   #91

I think it's a good idea. It will seperate the K-m from the rest. It's a one of a kind.

For what it is, I hope it will be a big hit. Smart. After all, the K-m is really NOT for traditional photo enthusiasts. I'd like to try one out. It's interesting. Very.

12-16-2008, 08:15 PM   #92
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by konraDarnok Quote
I was just wondering what that camera would look like after a year when I was still a smoker.

I don't see what people are going ape shit for. It's a damn nice looking camera.
Nobody is saying it doesn't look nice, it's just gonna be a pain in the ass keeping it looking like new. First camera I ever had was mostly white plastic, remember the Polaroid Swinger? The jingle still rings in my head. "Meet the Swinger,It's only $19.00 and 95. lol
12-16-2008, 08:21 PM   #93
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by hwblanks Quote
This announcement wasn't quite what I had hoped it would be, but I'm going to try and keep an open mind. If white will draw new users to the fold, then so be it.
I can't see how this would be as it is a limited edition (thus $$$) and also not in Walmart. The people it seems to be targeted toward are not going to be shopping online at Adorama or B&H. I'd be happy to be proven wrong. Due time will tell I guess.

Jeremy
12-16-2008, 08:25 PM   #94
Veteran Member

I like it too, I love limited edition stuff. I'm still trying to find me a reasonably priced K10D GP.

12-16-2008, 08:35 PM   #95
Pentaxian

I quite like the white colour. Looks so much different. Only thing is that with the white colour and all, any fine scratches or dirt on the body will be so much more visible. After a while, that spanky white body will look so battered and used.

Why not make the k-M dark red/maroon in colour, similar to the Panasonic mini DSLR? That looks cool too.
12-16-2008, 09:32 PM   #96

I like it. I like it alot. It's different and new.

I think it will stand out on the shelves assuming it makes it there. It will stand out when people use it. I can see people asking about what camera that is rather than assuming its just another black slr that only 'ophiles would recognize.
12-16-2008, 09:41 PM   #97

I agree with many here. I'll admit that I was very disappointed at first. A white cheapo camera with white lenes? Then I started to think about it....Pentax is trying to reinvent itself. Trying to get the new DSLR user. You do that by doing things that might not seem cool to us, but it builds a brand loyalty. Why are we here? We like Pentax because of the great results. So all they are trying to tap into new people.

Once they get new people, some of those people will want something better as their skills increase. With a bigger base, Pentax will benefit. They will sell more. The more they sell, the more money they make, then more money for R&D. The more money in R&D, the sooner we'll get the next big camera for us. Full frame, more FPS, better AF, you name it.

How does Canon sell so many cameras? They sell the cheapo Rebels and offer the big pro cameras and people think they are getting a pro camera. They feel like toys, but people don't care because of the name on the body. The next step for Pentax is to offer a much better DSLR. Which I think is coming.

Like something you see on the sidelines of an NFL game. White lenes? Hmm, there sure does seem to be a lot of those on the sidelines now. Now when a mom buys this camera with a white lens, she'll think she buying into a pro system. Pentax needs to get this in the stores and market it big time for this idea to take hold. Make these new people proud, like us, that they own a Pentax.

Using Canon for the white lenes, sure, but who cares. They're trying to build a new base. Let's just be patient, let it run it's course and we'll all get what we want. I hope.
12-16-2008, 09:46 PM   #98
Veteran Member

My suggestions
1. draw/stick some black spotches over it for a 'cow edition' version
2. Ferrari red version with some go faster stripes... can't do 5fps but looks like it will go 6fps

Attached Images

12-16-2008, 10:50 PM   #99
Veteran Member

These designs might be a joke to some, but actually white does make a good base colour for custom paint jobs...

This is the future, I can quite easily imagine people doing some camouflage paint schemes etc on top of the white

Can you do and urban combat black, white and grey scheme?
12-16-2008, 10:52 PM   #100
ogl
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
White K-m looks good and to use such camera is very good for hot and tropical countries...
Not winter!!! Remember physics !!!

K-m white is limited edition camera like K200D silver. It's simple marketing move. Not bad.
I don't see any problem at all...

Need limited edition limited pancakes...)
12-16-2008, 10:54 PM   #101
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I don't know why everyone hates it so much... I rather like it and chances are I will buy one to share with my wife.
12-16-2008, 11:47 PM   #102
Veteran Member

I think it is a great move. The K-m is a wonderful little camera, and raising it's exposure and giving more choice (even on a limited edittion basis) is a good thing.
12-17-2008, 12:26 AM   #103
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by vizjerei Quote
If I get one I will for sure design and draw on it, it will be a truely unique camera It will be like another Designer toy for me, or a pair of custom design sneakers.
QuoteOriginally posted by lbam Quote
These designs might be a joke to some, but actually white does make a good base colour for custom paint jobs...

This is the future, I can quite easily imagine people doing some camouflage paint schemes etc on top of the white

Can you do and urban combat black, white and grey scheme?
It seems the only part of the camera with the grippy stuff is where your hand holds it...I wonder if someone could do a vinyl graphics kit for it?

Not necessarily "wrapped" like a city bus but something more tasteful than stickers...

Hmmmm

Oh as an aside...when my K10 comes back from Colorado, I've been thinking about coloring the front "PENTAX" lettering red. The straps are red lettered. So are the bags. Their logo is red...why do I need to have white writing? Individualism ftw

Last edited by ryan s; 12-17-2008 at 12:40 AM.
12-17-2008, 12:38 AM   #104
Veteran Member

I will buy a cow camera if anyone makes one@!!!!!!!
12-17-2008, 01:16 AM   #105
Forum Member

Well if a lot of you folks have noticed these days, there are a lot of computer savvy people out there that like customizing their computers with neon lights and other non-essential things. This looks to be a camera that is meant to suit the lifestyle of today's teens and young adults. It's no longer just a camera, it's now also an accessory. Would I buy one, not really. I'm not one to follow trends.