Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-16-2008, 02:07 PM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
disappointing, if this is the only announcement. but still I'd rather get this than any silver or black SONY, those things look, feel, and smell like crap. My son even cried when we were in the Sony store looking at their cheaply made DSLRs... also still better than Canon's silver... I think white is quite nice...

Im still hoping for something big!

12-16-2008, 02:09 PM   #47
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Duplo Quote
Yeah sure, but do not ever think of dropping it/ setting it down in snow, you will never find it again ;-)
I had a camoflage GPS that I dropped from my tree stand once. It took me *forever* to find it.

Jeremy
12-16-2008, 02:15 PM   #48
Veteran Member

I can't believe that THIS white camera was the big anoucement.

Big deal.

So I see two possibilities here:

1. Pentax has decided to target the entry level consumer that cares more about the "fashion" of their gear, and less about the function. This would be good to bring more people into the Pentax product line, but bad for the people that need or want higher performing gear. If I was in the market for a "better then K20D camera" this would push me over the edge and i would be in the store sniffing at the D300.

2. This was a test for the integraty of Pentax's internal comunication system. Could they launch a product without all the info leaks suffered by Nik*n's D700 release? So the leak happened a few hours prior to the official launch. OK. good test. Now Pentax knows what to do when they launch the LXD this spring.

I expect the truth is option number one. Option number two is just me trying to deal with my disapointment.
12-16-2008, 02:19 PM   #49
Veteran Member

The Pentax for the iPod generation

whats next? The K2000/K-m in camouflage for twitters
High school musical for 9-12 year old girls?
a bling version with a spinner on top of the dial?
Or a burberry print version for chavs..........LOL

12-16-2008, 02:21 PM   #50
Veteran Member

Well noone said it is a big anoucement, as we all know that the real meat for K20D replacement will be anouce in 2009.
12-16-2008, 02:24 PM   #51
Veteran Member

I think it looks really cool. I sent it to a few people that would be interested in an entry level SLR and they all agree. That said; now get the damn thing into a big box store. People that buy entry level DSLR's because they are pretty don't read this forum or press releases to find out about them. They see them on TV ads or on display at Best Buy.
12-16-2008, 02:30 PM   #52
Inactive Account

yes, who said it would be a big news,they will come next year,
I only read Pentax will unveil something new in the blog,and so the did.
why behave like spoiled kids,who just want more more more

12-16-2008, 02:35 PM   #53
Veteran Member

You know what, as silly as this may look/seem, I applaud Pentax for this, why, BECAUSE NO ONE HAS DONE IT YET!! And just to be safe they did it on the low end model but the matching lenses, now that is awesome too, that shows that they didn't half ass it either. I kinda want one.
12-16-2008, 02:36 PM   #54

Maybe they leaked the white cam on purpose, that way in a half hour they can introduce something better. lol

Who cares I guess. If they introduce a K30, I'd still be months away from buying it.
12-16-2008, 02:45 PM   #55
Veteran Member

Well, when excellent build quality and backward compatibility don't sell, this might be the way to go. Aimed for the growing group of women buying into dslr this could be a smart move. I'm not the target group so I can't tell for sure.

Is there any female in the age of 15-30 years here on the forum? No? Maybe we have the answer to this creation in that simple question
12-16-2008, 02:48 PM   #56

That's a good looking camera, maybe to compensate for the crystal-version?

If I was in the need of a small, lightweight and nice looking camera, I'd buy it instantly.

/S
12-16-2008, 02:54 PM   #57
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
When I saw the picture, all I could think of was the inevitable grim that will collect in the nooks and crannies. Oh, and how nicely scratches will show...

Steve

(Doesn't care for iPods either...)
12-16-2008, 03:03 PM   #58
Veteran Member

Well if it sells more cameras for Pentax, builds more interest etc, I think this is good news...
I just won't be buying one myself.
I actually think it's kinda funky
12-16-2008, 03:03 PM   #59
Inactive Account

Pentax announces K2000 in white: Digital Photography Review
12-16-2008, 03:09 PM   #60
Veteran Member

Specs are up. Other than color what are the internal differences?

I didn't notice its price but Limited Edition makes me think it will price above what a Body Only K20D is right now

Pentax DSLRs