Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: I am totally disgusted by the K2000W's crass marketing ploy because it's...
totally embarrassing... 2133.33%
masqueraded as a technological innovation on all the major photographic sites 1320.63%
so obviously targeting children and teeny boppers at Christmas... 1930.16%
completely butt-freaking ugly 1930.16%
they are so far behind technologically they shouldn't be wasting resources on this 2336.51%
ALL OF THE ABOVE - THIS IS HUMILIATING, PENTAX!!!! WTF ARE YOU DOING???? 3657.14%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-17-2008, 11:34 AM   #61
Banned

grow up cambo, your rant is ridiculous at best. just plain childish. as stated above, move to a different system if you are so disappointed.

12-17-2008, 12:06 PM   #62
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Christ, if pentax wants to release the K-m in herring bone why should I care? I hope they get all the market share they can by appealing to as many different images as possible. Just so long as they have the best product at the cheapest prices, how can I possibly be hurt?

P.S. I like the Hello Kitty model. ;-)
12-17-2008, 12:58 PM   #63
Veteran Member

Funny, our local photography community is giving really good feedback on how the white k-m looks. I think it's pretty neat.
12-17-2008, 01:12 PM   #64

I should have looked at the OP's locale....Canada, go figure... Not much else to do in the winter months but bitch about colors, except for brothels and hockey. No offense to other Canucks.

12-17-2008, 01:16 PM   #65
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Cambo Quote
Unbelievable. Worse than I could possibly have imagined. Much worse. A white camera - unbe*******lievable. Definitely puts the PAIN in 'ad campaign'.

Cameron

PS: wanna buy some FA* lenses before the price bottoms out? Get in touch...
Actually I think it puts the CAMP in ad campaign
12-17-2008, 01:33 PM   #66
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cyclingshooter Quote
I should have looked at the OP's locale....Canada, go figure... Not much else to do in the winter months but bitch about colors, except for brothels and hockey. No offense to other Canucks.
OK, no offence taken but isn't Alaska even further north and isn't Vancouver the Canadian Miami!! Besides, Mr. Cameron is NOT representative of "normal" Canucks.
12-17-2008, 01:44 PM   #67
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I guess it must be a foreign commercial, because I have no idea what you are talking about. All commercials are misleading dribble. If you listen to every word of a commercial from a legal standpoint, they are saying nothing.
So anyone that takes offence from a ad is ...........

12-17-2008, 01:55 PM   #68
Veteran Member

I do not buy a white camera.
However, I still think it may be a good & commercially viable idea. It is their business, after all...
12-17-2008, 03:14 PM   #69
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

[X] None of the above
[X] If it can help Pentax making money to make better pro and expert cameras, why not ?
12-17-2008, 03:19 PM   #70
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
At least it won't melt in the sun as quickly in July should someone leave it on the seat of their car. Its too bad that its not weather sealed, they could sell it with matching snow skis.

The reason black has been used with "plastic" bodies was the adoption black by metal bodies on film cameras in the 60s and 70s. I have always thought black was dumb due to it heating up in the sun so damn fast. Every shoot in the desert or Florida in July?

QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
[X] None of the above
[X] If it can help Pentax making money to make better pro and expert cameras, why not ?
Ditto
12-17-2008, 04:01 PM   #71

JC,

Like I said I dont mean to offend all Canadians, just the OP!!! I used to live in AK and they (Alaskans, not transplants) dont consider it to be part of the US and either do I, especially after Palin made a fool of herself and the lower 48...The farther north, the greater the brain freeze.
12-17-2008, 04:21 PM   #72

ALL THE ABOVE
12-17-2008, 04:29 PM   #73
Veteran Member

WHITE, ok but now if it was Cameo that would probably not cause the birds to duck for cover whenever one is pointed at them. I might be inclined to buy that, oh HELL I forgot, I just bought one of those old crappy looking BLACK K20D's. About the only thing that I would not buy in white would be a white car/truck. jim
12-17-2008, 05:08 PM   #74

I've seen some posts that some of the forumites think that this will be appealing to women, I think NOT

It being white will shot dirt, even everyday dirt and will look like shite in NO time, no matter who is handling it....

Don't like it:thumbsdown:
12-17-2008, 06:14 PM   #75
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Suzu Quote
I've seen some posts that some of the forumites think that this will be appealing to women, I think NOT

It being white will shot dirt, even everyday dirt and will look like shite in NO time, no matter who is handling it....

Don't like it:thumbsdown:
who will actually like it is anyone's guess. its all just a matter of opinion, but yes it is no secret that this and the K-m in general is marketed towards women. I love the K-m though, its small, very compact and lightweight. and personally that chrome strip looks good in my opinion, goes very well with the chrome strips on K & M series lenses and of course Takumars.