Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-16-2022, 08:45 AM   #76
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by cpobuttons Quote
gee all this technical talk...I was just wondering if you get a set of ears if you are a member of the clubhouse...
I believe they assume you already have ears for listening -
this is no “Mickey Mouse” operation.

Last edited by reh321; 07-16-2022 at 08:55 AM.
07-16-2022, 09:13 AM   #77
Veteran Member

I noticed they're continuing with tje hotshoe covers.
I only have P.
Now they're on N so I completely missed E.
I guess that was given out after an online event?
07-16-2022, 06:37 PM - 1 Like   #78
JPT
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mickey Quote
I noticed they're continuing with tje hotshoe covers.
I only have P.
Now they're on N so I completely missed E.
I guess that was given out after an online event?
In my case I missed the event where they gave out the P, but got the orange E when it was sent out to people who completed a survey following an online event last year. Since E is in my initials, I kind of like it.

Here it is on the iconic K-01.

For anyone concerned about not getting these hotshot covers, they are just cheap, plastic, give-away things. They are not the nicer metal type that Pentax sometimes sells or includes with special editions.
07-23-2022, 04:41 AM - 4 Likes   #79
JPT
Pentaxian

Original Poster
The Clubhouse itself seems to be mostly done now. The display of retro items in the window is already set up for the opening on Thursday.

07-23-2022, 06:10 AM   #80
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Is that a titanium LX under the C?

I’m supposed to travel to Tokyo next year… hopefully that sticks and I can make a stop by the clubhouse…

Though it will be #2 in line behind the Ghibli museum

-Eric
07-23-2022, 08:18 AM   #81
Veteran Member

There was an LX on display at the Shinjuku branch.
Maybe it's the same one.
07-23-2022, 11:16 AM   #82
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
The Clubhouse itself seems to be mostly done now. The display of retro items in the window is already set up for the opening on Thursday.
Presumably, that gold-with-black-edges “P” is the beginning of “Pentax”.
My ‘alma mater’ “Purdue University” uses that kind of lettering, and their colors are black and gold;
I almost thought I was going back in time.

07-27-2022, 11:34 PM   #83
Pentaxian

If anyone wishes to find the Club House, here is a link to the location on google maps:
Pentax Club House
07-28-2022, 12:40 AM - 8 Likes   #84
JPT
Pentaxian

Original Poster
It's open today. They have AOCO/Pentax branded retro snacks.

Also, you've got to respect this visitor's effort. Cool thing to park in front of the Clubhouse.

Last edited by JPT; 07-28-2022 at 12:45 AM.
07-28-2022, 06:45 AM - 10 Likes   #85
JPT
Pentaxian

Original Poster
There's an article up on DC Watch about the opening day now. It's in Japanese but worth looking at just for the many pictures of the Club House and the exhibits in it.

Look out for unreleased items like the Pentax Memorica and Metalica, as well as a Kore Jana Robot version of the Q.

They are also gauging interest for Club House special edition Olive green version of the K-70, which I must say looks really nice even though I've never found the K-70 particularly appealing.

The article itself has some interesting comments from the journalist. It explains the idea of the Club House as a locations for the developers, customers and retailers to exchange views. Interestingly, it seems that they have aspirations to open similar venues overseas. I wouldn't hold your breath on that, but it shows they are not determined to focus on Japan only.

Article in Japanese: ??????????????PENTAX??????????? - ???? Watch
07-29-2022, 10:33 AM   #86

Thanks for the insights on that event. So there were no new product announcements beside that special K-70 and some merch.

I wonder what happened to that wide angle large aperture DFA star lens on the road map.
I guess I settle for the FA 31mm limited then...
07-29-2022, 01:40 PM - 2 Likes   #87
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Snakeisthestuff Quote
Thanks for the insights on that event. So there were no new product announcements beside that special K-70 and some merch.

I wonder what happened to that wide angle large aperture DFA star lens on the road map.
I guess I settle for the FA 31mm limited then...
The online meeting (where they will talk about the clubhouse, Katen custom image and "only a tiny bit" about the future products) will be held tomorrow, the event already reported is the grand opening of the clubhouse.
07-29-2022, 07:03 PM - 1 Like   #88
JPT
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kwb Quote
The online meeting (where they will talk about the clubhouse, Katen custom image and "only a tiny bit" about the future products) will be held tomorrow, the event already reported is the grand opening of the clubhouse.
By the way, I am going to be able to attend this online meeting after all. It's probably best to keep expectations low, but I'm hoping for an update to the lens roadmap. Since they have now delivered the crowdfunded strap and K-3 III, they could start the next round of products. They won't actually release a product on a Sunday, when the press aren't working.

Last edited by JPT; 07-29-2022 at 07:20 PM.
07-29-2022, 07:27 PM   #89
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
It's open today. They have AOCO/Pentax branded retro snacks.

Also, you've got to respect this visitor's effort. Cool thing to park in front of the Clubhouse.
Nice! I suspect that's not a visitor, but staff. Note the website on the bike's fork: https://pentaxofficial.com/about/
07-30-2022, 01:03 AM - 4 Likes   #90
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

And Albert Siegel's