Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-07-2022, 10:50 PM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
It's very hard to communicate clearly when people aren't listening - either not reading at all, or reading but not believing you and making up their own versions instead.Ricoh's press release was clear, even if lacking in detail
I agree, and you seem to know quite a lot about Pentax. Based on what you know, could you please confirm that Ricoh will release new mass produced Pentax camera models from now to the next coming year(s)? Thanks.

06-08-2022, 01:06 AM - 2 Likes   #32
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
I agree, and you seem to know quite a lot about Pentax. Based on what you know, could you please confirm that Ricoh will release new mass produced Pentax camera models from now to the next coming year(s)? Thanks.
If you're not listening to Ricoh, what's the chance you would listen to what I say?
06-08-2022, 02:44 AM   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
I think it is pretty clear that Pentax will release new K mount gear, the question is when exactly. My guess would be that we'll see a variable aperture 70-300 zoom towards the end of the year and a K-1 II sequel middle to end of next year.

Of course, I have absolutely no reason for thinking that and maybe I'm overly optimistic, but I do think they are working on things and eventually those things will be released.
06-08-2022, 04:59 AM   #34
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I think it is pretty clear that Pentax will release new K mount gear, the question is when exactly. My guess would be that we'll see a variable aperture 70-300 zoom towards the end of the year and a K-1 II sequel middle to end of next year.

Of course, I have absolutely no reason for thinking that and maybe I'm overly optimistic, but I do think they are working on things and eventually those things will be released.
I believe that most of the engineering was already done for the K-3iii, and either a K-90 or a K-1iii could be announced any day.
Each morning, the first place I go here is this section, to see if Pentax hinted at anything while I slept.
I believe release of the K-1iii depends on engineering, but of the K-90 may be a marketing issue.

Last edited by reh321; 06-08-2022 at 05:16 AM.
06-08-2022, 05:41 AM   #35
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I believe that most of the engineering was already done for the K-3iii, and either a K-90 or a K-1iii could be announced any day.
Each morning, the first place I go here is this section, to see if Pentax hinted at anything while I slept.
I believe release of the K-1iii depends on engineering, but of the K-90 may be a marketing issue.
Maybe so. I doubt we'll have any announcements on cameras before the end of the year. The K-3 III ironed out many of the detail of the new auto focus algorithms and things like that, but designing a new full frame camera and deciding on what features to put in it, along with price point that they would build to all takes time. Basically, it takes about 3 years to develop a camera for Pentax from the ground up and they can only really work on one body at a time.
06-08-2022, 02:45 PM   #36
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So sad

But the Pentax of the past is gone. The world turns and does not stop for “what if”! I will never see a Pentax/ Ricoh 400 f2.8 autofocus because the people who keep Ricoh/ Pentax alive now will not pay for such a lens….As I have said many times, when my A*400f2.8 fails, I have to sell all and switch to something else…
06-08-2022, 04:31 PM   #37
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stihlmania Quote
But the Pentax of the past is gone. The world turns and does not stop for “what if”! I will never see a Pentax/ Ricoh 400 f2.8 autofocus because the people who keep Ricoh/ Pentax alive now will not pay for such a lens….As I have said many times, when my A*400f2.8 fails, I have to sell all and switch to something else…
My Pentax-A 50mm no longer focuses beyond something like 30ft - I would guess the lubrication has dried out.
In general, though, those ‘A’ lenses seem to last fairly well.

06-09-2022, 10:01 AM   #38
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
My Pentax-A 50mm no longer focuses beyond something like 30ft - I would guess the lubrication has dried out.
In general, though, those ‘A’ lenses seem to last fairly well.
Agree, I purchased the 400 in 1988, it has never needed service yet….
06-09-2022, 06:36 PM - 3 Likes   #39

At present, the information I have received is that two GR and one Pentax DSLR will be released next year.
There may be one or two lens releases.
There should be no other news except OGPS-2 this year.
06-09-2022, 07:08 PM   #40
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
So $1700-$2000 for a K3III now doesn't look quite as bad for a high-end APS-C in the current market?

But I do think you should save up for that 40MP Fuji. Sounds like what you're looking for, even if it might be a bit north of $3K. Go big or go home, right? If you can't afford it of course that's a different issue.

Yes, if you want the latest it's going to be a richer man's hobby than it might have been two years ago, so you may have to lower your acceptable standards for a new one (the digital version of the Rebel is just $1000) or be happy with the good, bought and paid for cameras you already have.
It looked OK to me when I bought mine, mainly because I could see price rises coming from a shrinking market.

While people might look at current prices and react negatively, it really is the same story of old: you can buy cheap and often or buy expensive and less often. Ricoh’s release rate matches the latter, so people should expect to pay more and keep it longer because it works out the same over time.

Along that line, I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see a full-frame Pentax 645Z+ launched at north of $20k, before too much longer. It wouldn’t sell as many as its predecessors, but it would be competitive against Hasselblad and Phase One, rather than Fujifilm.
06-09-2022, 09:01 PM   #41
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
So $1700-$2000 for a K3III now doesn't look quite as bad for a high-end APS-C in the current market?

But I do think you should save up for that 40MP Fuji. Sounds like what you're looking for, even if it might be a bit north of $3K. Go big or go home, right? If you can't afford it of course that's a different issue.

Yes, if you want the latest it's going to be a richer man's hobby than it might have been two years ago, so you may have to lower your acceptable standards for a new one (the digital version of the Rebel is just $1000) or be happy with the good, bought and paid for cameras you already have.
When I purchased a KP on Black Friday 2018, I expected it to be my last ‘primary’ camera {I was over 70 even then}.
Then came the K-3iii - which impressed me with its focusing.
Now I say that I might purchase a K-90 if it has that focusing for about $1000.
I figure they could do that if the camera in general uses the same build quality as the K-70,
but I’m not holding my breath. I will continue to photograph as usual with the KP,
and I will consider it to be a bonus if it does happen. I’ll be satisfied in either case.
06-09-2022, 11:35 PM   #42

QuoteOriginally posted by lemono Quote
At present, the information I have received is that two GR and one Pentax DSLR will be released next year.
Successor of the K-1 II for sure and the refresh of GR III? GR FF?
06-10-2022, 02:08 AM   #43

QuoteOriginally posted by x4rd Quote
Successor of the K-1 II for sure and the refresh of GR III? GR FF?
Maybe called GR IV,IMX571 or 40MP apsc sensor.
Next FF DSLR will use IMX455, I never say it is successor of K-1 II : )
And I don't think next FF DSLR can be release in next year.
06-10-2022, 03:02 AM   #44
Loyal Site Supporter

Maybe called GR IV,IMX571 or 40MP apsc sensor.
Next FF DSLR will use IMX455, I never say it is successor of K-1 II : )
And I don't think next FF DSLR can be release in next year.
Ah, the B&W Pentax. But I thought it was going to be based on the K3III? Interesting if accurate.
06-10-2022, 04:11 AM   #45
Pentaxian

Hmmm...

(19 February 2021, about products to be announced around CP+)
High probability:
HD FA limited
GR40
GR monochrome

Medium:
model of DFA star wide prime lens
new roadmap

Low:
model of DFA telephoto zoom lens
some surprise DFA lens
(...)
We did get the HD FA Limited lenses. The previously rumoured GR with a 40mm equ. lens was announced much later, in September (GR IIIx). 16 months later, no GR with a monochrome sensor has been announced yet. No mock-up of the Large Aperture Wide Angle Single Focus Lens, no new roadmap at CP+ 2021 (or 2022, for that matter).

(5 March 2021)
GR monochrome will be released this year, and gr40 will be released as soon as the end of this year. Last month I got the information that gr40 will use a brand new APSC sensor, yes, BRAND NEW! (...).
No GR Monochrome in 2021. Announced in September 2021, the GR IIIx has the same sensor as the GR III.

Any predictions, in particular those about the future, should be taken with a grain of salt.
Closed Thread