Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: What do you think about the new K2000/K-m in white?
Great idea, I have to get one! 134.10%
Nice idea, I might add such a design to my collection one day. 7122.40%
I won't buy it, but I embrace that it will attract new customers. 18157.10%
It might sell out to trendy girls, but as a photo enthusiast and Pentaxian I feel embarrassed. 4112.93%
Pentax is digging it's own grave! Nobody will buy such a DSLR. 113.47%
Voters: 317. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-17-2008, 07:04 PM   #31
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I kind of like the idea of a nuclear melt down orange kind of like the Tennessee Volunteer orange.

12-17-2008, 07:54 PM   #32
Lens Buying Addict

QuoteOriginally posted by Spyder Quote
I don't understand why some people are getting so worked up over this, lots of things use the white plastic look these days. It's not like Pentax have announced that they're only going to produce white cameras from now on. :ugh:
If they were really clever they would inverse apple - regular price for black - $50 MORE for white.
12-17-2008, 09:05 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Various colors have been used for P&S by several companies including Pentax. This is sort of new ground for a dSLR body.
The Lumix G1 is an SLR....
12-17-2008, 09:19 PM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by borno Quote
I hope the next step is a matching white 500mm f4 that weighs less than 10 lbs. I see an awful lot of white lenses, why is a white camera any different?
I agree !

Though I want an Red Orange , too! Or is it Orange Red ?

12-17-2008, 10:09 PM   #35

jagermeister orange for me...its pretty close to the red/orange on my k100d neck strap!
12-17-2008, 10:15 PM   #36
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Buddha Jones Quote
So they are changeable lenses but actually lack a mirror so technically, its not an slr . . . when I saw one I didn't look close enough. It looked like a hybrid to me. The bodies look good in those colors but the lenses look bad from the side. The Minolta system posted above looks a lot better as does the K-M over all. Edit: It was the canon G6 I was looking at the other day.

Last edited by Blue; 12-17-2008 at 10:29 PM. Reason: G1 lacks mirror . . .
12-17-2008, 10:17 PM   #37
Forum Member

not a bad idea, the white Km look quite chic, if it's not too pricey, i will get one for my wife

I did have a chance to have my hands on a G1, It's small and light but i dont like it coz there are too few lens choices for the camera and it cost you dearly for a "kind of hybrid"
12-17-2008, 10:55 PM   #38
MSM
Veteran Member

Agree this is a better poll. I quite like the approach Pentax has taken. It is Interesting. Pentax will not beat out C/N at the price game at the lower end entry market. The value added features that we all enjoy with Pentax will be unrecognized with this segment, too. Pentax needs to stand out. I think it will be a hit if priced right. We will have to wait and see.

12-18-2008, 03:10 AM   #39
Banned

no, it is not an SLR.
12-18-2008, 04:24 AM   #40
Pentaxian

Good on Pentax for realising that there's a market segment for DSLRs that isn't totally equipment or testosterone-driven or utterly anorak (probably guilty on a number of those counts, myself, but then I do take an awful lot of pictures, too), and which has a significant number of potential buyers who like a little point of difference in appearance.

I notice Canon is aiming some prominent advertising at women, and I suspect this is likewise aligned, but taking a different approach.

Some years ago, the French car-maker Citroën, who for years was technology-driven (and lost lots of money, even though they made wonderful cars) decided it would be nice to make some money and stay in business, so they went boring during the 1980s and 1990s, and sold lots of cars. Now, being on a better financial footing, they have started putting more style and innovation into their cars again (not to mention wiping the floor with everyone else in the World Rally Championship).

The main point is, if you don't sell product at the right rate, you don't stay in business. To sell product, you have to appeal to as many market segments as you can afford.

If this helps to keep Pentax products rolling out for the cameras I use, then am I going to argue with that? I think not.

Not planning to rush out and buy one, I have to say, but that doesn't detract from the basic argument, either.
12-18-2008, 04:26 AM   #41
Syb
Site Supporter

I want a silver Pentax DSLR.
To match with my stellar FA's, or my silver limiteds.
12-18-2008, 04:27 AM   #42
Syb
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by awo425 Quote

Cannot help it. This looks plastic. Like underwater cameras.
12-18-2008, 06:04 AM   #43
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
no, it is not an SLR.
FINE!!! It's not an SLR, just an interchangable lens hybrid of some sort, which is even BETTER for Pentax cuz now that means that we really are the FIRST to do this to an SLR (since the Minolta version).

No matter I still like it, and so does CNET!
QuoteQuote:
There's something slightly whimsical about a white SLR studded with black buttons, eyecup, and hand grip. It reminded me of an Imperial stormtrooper from Star Wars. Or perhaps a ptarmigan in winter plumage. Or maybe James Bond's underwater-ready Lotus Esprit from The Spy Who Loved Me.
And on their poll, of the 800 votes cast, only 18% say its ugly, while 53% say its beautiful!
12-18-2008, 06:10 AM   #44
Veteran Member

Nothing wrong with the colour. Some will like it for a talking piece. If it gets more people in the Pentax fold - Why not?!

And YES, this is a fair survey.
12-18-2008, 06:20 AM   #45
Banned

FINE!!! It's not an SLR, just an interchangable lens hybrid of some sort, which is even BETTER for Pentax cuz now that means that we really are the FIRST to do this to an SLR (since the Minolta version).

No matter I still like it, and so does CNET!

And on their poll, of the 800 votes cast, only 18% say its ugly, while 53% say its beautiful!
its so typical of people to automatically assume anything with an interchangeable lens is an SLR, seeing as how it has been the dominant design since the 60's. it just irks me a bit. as for CNET... well I'm glad they like it but to be honest CNET is just about as bad as WIRED when it comes to reviewing technology, and I don't pay either any attention.