Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: What do you think about the new K2000/K-m in white?
Great idea, I have to get one! 134.10%
Nice idea, I might add such a design to my collection one day. 7122.40%
I won't buy it, but I embrace that it will attract new customers. 18157.10%
It might sell out to trendy girls, but as a photo enthusiast and Pentaxian I feel embarrassed. 4112.93%
Pentax is digging it's own grave! Nobody will buy such a DSLR. 113.47%
Voters: 317. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-18-2008, 08:05 AM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
CNET or not, most people voted for "It's beautiful". And I didn't see any nosense in the short review either.

I find the white Km most intriguing, but I wouldn't buy one. Km is just not the camera for me.

12-18-2008, 08:17 AM   #47
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Buddha Jones Quote
FINE!!! It's not an SLR, just an interchangable lens hybrid of some sort, which is even BETTER for Pentax cuz now that means that we really are the FIRST to do this to an SLR (since the Minolta version).

No matter I still like it, and so does CNET!

And on their poll, of the 800 votes cast, only 18% say its ugly, while 53% say its beautiful!
It actually as a micro 4/3 mound and requires an adapter to use 4/3 mount. It is a good idea though. I don't know why Nikon never did that with their Coolpix Hybrids like the 5700 and successors.
12-18-2008, 08:37 AM   #48
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by LaRee Quote
I want one in a nice pearlized magenta or pink color like my wee Panasonic FX01 which has the coolest color and finish on it than any camera I've ever owned. If I had a pink dslr, I don't think I'd have to worry about someone clunking me over the head to steal it. Well, not that I worry about that anyway but...
I wouldn't touch white with a ten foot pole though. I don't even buy white clothes, too fussy.
Personally, I don't mind the white. Although it might start to look dirty with a lot of use. If white attracts more customers, that's good for Pentax and maybe good for us.
Now about that pink one you wanted. Maybe something like this.

12-18-2008, 08:53 AM   #49

"my wife likes it" unexpected reaction

like a lot of others on here just for grins i sent a link to the new white pentax and she loved it and forwarded it to all her "girl" friends ..... didn't really think she would react that way, she's not one to get gaga over colors of objects . she is very pragmatic and form follows function mentality .... but she thought it was prettier than my black one and asked how much one would be .... go figure ...

maybe a red one for me and a white one for her ????

12-18-2008, 09:30 AM   #50
Site Supporter

White lenses are certainly nothing new. Below are examples of a Zuiko and Canon. Pentax had some also. Some telescopes have had a white option to prevent problems with heat when used in the day time. What Pentax should do is come out with "armor" for the k20d and k200d in a number of colors, white, camo, olive green etc.

12-18-2008, 12:58 PM   #51
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
At the end of the day, it's each to their own.
12-18-2008, 02:17 PM   #52
Veteran Member

I hear you get one free when you buy a new Miata

12-18-2008, 03:59 PM   #53
Veteran Member

Or a Tie Fighter :-)
12-18-2008, 05:48 PM   #54

I wouldn't buy one, but I think this is a great idea. I can see it going over well in Japan especially.

And, for those who are bashing it as a stupid idea, you must not have people ask you for camera advice much. Having the dubious honor of being both "the computer guy" and "the camera guy," I have people ask me all the time for purchasing advice that they won't listen to.

Me: The Canon A series is hard to beat for the money. If you want to take pictures in low light without flash, take a look at the Fujifilm f50/f60.
*some time later*
Friend: I got such and such camera because I liked the color.
Me: .....Uh. Cool.
12-18-2008, 11:56 PM   #55

I think it's a brilliant canvas for graffiti!!!

I will buy a used white K2000D, & paint it with my own graffiti!
Attached Images

12-19-2008, 01:00 AM   #56
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
What Pentax should do is come out with "armor" for the k20d and k200d in a number of colors, white, camo, olive green etc.
I was at Best Buy the other day helping my mother in law shop for a P&S (she's ordering a W60 tomorrow). There was a lady (40's) next to us talking to salesman asking all sorts of tech questions. She obviously knew what she was doing with a camera. Then, she moved onto the next model and it came with a free "armor" pack, as you call it, in the color of her choice. She asked no tech questions, but asked how much additional colors are, what colors are available and then took that camera. I think you're on to something.

Jeremy
12-19-2008, 06:27 AM   #57
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by take Quote

just FYI there is no 'D' anymore (thank god) its just K2000.
12-19-2008, 06:41 AM   #58
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by take Quote

HAWTNESS!! How cool would it be if they made a deal with Crayola to come up with a non-permanent marker that you could use to personalize the camera but whatever you drew on it wouldnt come off with water or sweat. That I would buy into in a heartbeat!!
12-19-2008, 07:14 AM   #59
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

QuoteOriginally posted by txsbluesguy Quote
like a lot of others on here just for grins i sent a link to the new white pentax and she loved it and forwarded it to all her "girl" friends ..... didn't really think she would react that way, she's not one to get gaga over colors of objects . she is very pragmatic and form follows function mentality .... but she thought it was prettier than my black one and asked how much one would be .... go figure ...

maybe a red one for me and a white one for her ????
Same reaction here. My wife thought it was totally cool and I can see a new camera in my/her future. Her friends loved it as well. If this is marketed a bit, it's going to sell very well to a group of people that are often intimidated by DSLR's. She just got a new Macbook and her first comment was "iCamera". That's not a bad group of consumers to appeal to. All have money and like to spend it.

The fact that this colour has generated several threads all which have been well debated, proves that this is a great marketing idea that has and will attract attention to the brand. That can only be good.
12-20-2008, 11:07 AM   #60
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
*snip*
The fact that this colour has generated several threads all which have been well debated, proves that this is a great marketing idea that has and will attract attention to the brand. That can only be good.
That says it all Peter. Even all of the over the top "too hideous to even contemplate!" threads mean that the Km/2000 is getting a lot of attention. I be willing to bet when it comes out, the big camera shops (well at least Adorama and B&H) will immediately put it in their tethered display area.
The more I think about it, the more I've convinced it was a good idea.

NaCl(I still want one in wood grain)H2O