Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-27-2022, 02:41 PM - 4 Likes   #16
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I based this on the "AP" trademark originally granted to Asahi Kogaku in 1961 ("AP" represents Asahi Pentax) and eventually transferred to Ricoh. In Japanese language, Single Lens Reflex is called 一眼レフ = "mono eye reflex", thus Cyclops' eye.
https://www.j-platpat.inpit.go.jp/c1800/TR/JP-1959-034775/A288224C73446ADEF5...B29525BA/40/en

TKO (the designer of J-limited series among other things) says that there are two variants for this. Earlier version had inner as well as outer corner of the eye, but later they thought that an eye of a mono-eyed creature cannot have "inner" and "outer" corner, so they changed the design.
?????? (PENTAX by RICOH IMAGING) - [TKO??] ?????TKO???

Note to Adam: I'd like to be careful as the AP trademark is still active and I don't intend to infringe on anything. If this wins (hey, I can dream big ), I'll ask Ricoh Imaging Japan if this is acceptable.

FYI, my hope is that the PF logo works as Cyclops' lips. Pointy part of the logo below P means that he's sticking the tip of his tongue out to the right.

Attached Images

Last edited by kwb; 07-27-2022 at 02:48 PM.
08-23-2022, 11:44 PM - 2 Likes   #17
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Thanks for the submissions, everyone! Voting for the final designs will be underway shortly!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

08-25-2022, 04:29 PM   #18
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by fri98 Quote
Just another idea

Edit... Thanks to @bobphoenix for helping me identify a couple of needed corrections, also updated the font to a Pentax's logo similar font (Fago Ex) so now I'm not using Pentax logo, and changed the camera image as the first one I used is copyrighted, so to avoid any issues, I created one on my own camera image.
Great list!

Could you add "(World's first instant return mirror SLR)" to 1954 Asahiflex II?

Also,
2011 O-GPS1 and Astrotracer function (Camera follows stars' motion in the sky using sensor shift)
or some such?
08-25-2022, 07:01 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kwb Quote
Great list!

Could you add "(World's first instant return mirror SLR)" to 1954 Asahiflex II?

Also,
2011 O-GPS1 and Astrotracer function (Camera follows stars' motion in the sky using sensor shift)
or some such?
Sure, I will add them once Adam let me know I won hehehe

08-26-2022, 03:12 AM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by fri98 Quote
Sure, I will add them once Adam let me know I won hehehe
Your design is certainly worthy! A lot of work in it.
08-26-2022, 06:45 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
Your design is certainly worthy! A lot of work in it.
thanks! I enjoyed learning more about the brand and its innovation culture.
08-27-2022, 11:01 PM   #22
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
The poll is now live:
Vote Now: 2022 Pentax Forums T-shirt Designs - PentaxForums.com

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-01-2022, 06:13 PM   #23
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
If you'd like to get your hands on one of the new 2022 shirts early, below are some links to order:
Vote Now: 2022 Pentax Forums T-shirt Designs - Page 4 - PentaxForums.com

The official announcement will be live in a few days.

Adam