Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 103 Likes Search this Thread
07-01-2022, 12:57 PM   #61
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

...another thought:

I love my K70 and several spectacularly good A-type lenses (no zooms)...it's an incredibly COMPLICATED device and is not-self-evidently easy to work with. In fact I prefer my same-sensor-size Samsung NX500 and it's zoom lenses for many purposes. K70 is a special application camera...bulky, heavy, and complicated in very different ways from the better-designed Samsung.

I suspect women would be better than men with K-70 because women are better at handling complexity.

07-01-2022, 01:16 PM   #62
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by janosh Quote
...another thought:

I love my K70 and several spectacularly good A-type lenses (no zooms)...it's an incredibly COMPLICATED device and is not-self-evidently easy to work with. In fact I prefer my same-sensor-size Samsung NX500 and it's zoom lenses for many purposes. K70 is a special application camera...bulky, heavy, and complicated in very different ways from the better-designed Samsung.

I suspect women would be better than men with K-70 because women are better at handling complexity.
I find neither my K-30, my KP, nor my “Q”s to be ‘special application’ nor ‘complicated’.
Their interface is similar to the Canon Rebel I used before
{and I easily adjusted to the Rebel when I moved from film cameras}.
In fact, that experience made adjusting to the Pentaxes simple.
Do you expect the K-70 to be different, or are you just better suited for Samsung.
07-01-2022, 01:17 PM - 1 Like   #63
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by janosh Quote
...another thought:

Huh, I found the K-70 to be petite, simple, and forthright.

I suspect individual ability, rather than gender, will determine one's acumen when handling the K-70 or any other "complexity".
07-01-2022, 01:36 PM   #64
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
So does the K-1 count as a doorstopper?

07-01-2022, 08:28 PM - 1 Like   #65
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
So does the K-1 count as a doorstopper?
Nahhhh, its a paper weight!!!