Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: Which photo do you think should win the contest?
#1 116.04%
#2 31.65%
#3 2010.99%
#4 105.49%
#5 3418.68%
#6 94.95%
#7 126.59%
#8 158.24%
#9 4122.53%
#10 126.59%
#11 137.14%
#12 21.10%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version 33 Likes Search this Thread
07-02-2022, 05:58 PM - 2 Likes   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Finalist Voting: "Shoot the boring/mundane/everyday in a creative way" (21mm Contest)

I'm happy to announce the finalists in our "Shoot the boring/mundane/everyday in a creative way" photo contest! Please vote for your favorite from among the finalists below, as chosen by the contest judge @ebahle. The overall winner will receive a DA 21mm Limited lens! Good luck!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-03-2022, 08:36 AM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

no questions - number 5 is the best
07-03-2022, 11:01 AM - 1 Like   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I think #1, #3, and #8 really best met the intent of this contest. Each was uniquely composed and creatively presented as well.

Well done to all who participated.
07-03-2022, 01:00 PM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I really liked a number of these. You all have inspired me of new ways to shoot things. Even many of the ones that didn't make it on the list but were entered in the contest.

#9 has my vote for what I think they said in the original post was a in-camera double exposure, and a zoom in between shots! Never done that before. I think it meets the theme nicely. A normal walk down the street shot in a creative way

07-03-2022, 02:29 PM - 1 Like   #5
Pentaxian

#9 for me - as said by snappy above: meets the theme quite creatively.
07-04-2022, 06:41 AM - 1 Like   #6

Photos: Gallery
I have to disqualify myself from voting as I misinterpreted the Theme of the Contest and still can't determine whether it is Focus or Unfocus you want and maintain the limited viewing audience you have . I "Vocused " on tweaking the mondain and boring Capture to give a juxtaposition to CHANGE & INCREASE the viewing audience but it was to UNFOCUS and maintain your viewing audience I'm thinking is what you wanted . I get trapped outside the box too often I guess.

Last edited by pentaxic; 11-02-2022 at 08:07 AM.
07-04-2022, 07:42 AM   #7
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxic Quote
I have to disqualify myself from voting as I misinterpreted the Theme of the Contest and still can't determine whether it is Focus or Unfocus you want and maintain the limited viewing audience you have . I "Vocused " on tweaking the mondain and boring Capture to give a juxtaposition to CHANGE & INCREASE the viewing audience but it was to UNFOCUS and maintain your viewing audience I'm thinking is what you wanted . I get trapped outside the box too often I guess.
You really lost me, sorry.

07-04-2022, 10:23 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I like #5 also
07-05-2022, 06:19 AM - 2 Likes   #9

QuoteOriginally posted by CraigR Quote
You really lost me, sorry.
I'll try and find you.
This contest was or should have been the Mega Category of all the Photo Contests. They should have been swamped with entries. Unless you are snapping memories or a Forensic Photographer ;you are attempting to resuscitate every capture you take so that it doesn't fall into the Boring or Mundane Non Viewed Category as a Photographic Artist. What they have chosen is 12 photos. All Abstracts with 10 of 12 using Vocus Manipulation. There is a million techniques to resuscitate a Billion varieties of Captures . In my original submission I have listed a tiny few that I use for Industrial Marine photos. And my God Sunsets & Sunrises can be used at Nausem if you're void of any creativity. The game is to catch peoples attention . Catch their Eye as it passes over your work. You don't need them to give you a comment or an "Atta Boy" you just have to get them to view your work. In the original submissions there was another photo. A capture of an open window that the Artist captured a breeze curlling the side Curtain. all of a sudden the extremely boring capture was resuscitated and came alive with movement and freshness. In my submission I used another Artist's Sculpture on a adjacent bridge to frame a 24,000 ton Boat. The logistics were intense. 2 different types of captures. By the way both of these received over 300 peers stopping to View. Both more that any other submissions but neither put up for a vote. I use Flickr to organize my captures and it is a Hodge Podge of Memory Snaps , Forensic and Art. I take great pride in the fact that in around 3 years of display I have caught the attention of 640,000 views. So in ending the Rant I ask where are the Portraits, Scenics , Macros , abstracts etc. using the million Tweaking Tools ? Sup Admin ?

Have You Found this Helpful? YES ------------- NO -------------------- DON'T GIVE A DAM ---------------

Last edited by pentaxic; 11-02-2022 at 08:07 AM.
07-05-2022, 07:19 AM   #10
Unregistered User

I'll try and find you.
A capture of an open window that the Artist captured a breeze curlling the side Curtain. all of a sudden the extremely boring capture was resuscitated and came alive with movement and freshness.
You found me.
And yes I agree that is a really beautiful image of a truly mundane subject so I am also very surprised it is not on this list.
07-05-2022, 10:42 AM   #11
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ignath Quote
no questions - number 5 is the best
You can think that way.
Personally, I voted for #3 because I disagree - I do ‘question’ your conclusion.
07-07-2022, 08:38 AM   #12
veraser

A trap, not contest

Yep, badly defined contest's rules yielded its fruits. Instead of fun it morphed into misunderstanding. Shooting old, mundane, boring scene, being watched every day for 365 x X years, but expressed in new way - that's what would make step ahead, not heavily postprocessed damn bungled old photos (or semi artistic compositions made anew to contest). I'm a grain of sand on the beach only here, but I am to refrain from voting as my votum separatum. Instead of fun, I have found unfortunate disenchantment.

Here's what I thought might carry on un-borring attitude - e.g. Night Elves. The same topic was well touched in replies by pentaxic.

07-08-2022, 04:20 PM - 2 Likes   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I had yours in my Top 3. I also like your reincarnation of a ship in the stomach of a fish. I would not have guessed this to be a photo if I had not seen it the first time.

Despite none of the Top 3 as I had it made the cut, I am nevertheless voting, but not announcing how I vote since my vote would surely be the death knell for the photo for which I vote.

I will say this, though. I am not voting for the best, coolest, photo in the contest because I don't think that one matches the theme. I am voting for the photo I think best matches the theme, and which I also happen to like.
07-08-2022, 07:11 PM   #14

#9 is my favorite
07-09-2022, 09:02 AM   #15

Number 3 best meets the title of the contest in those selected as finalists.