Show Printable Version 34 Likes Search this Thread
09-08-2022, 01:07 PM - 1 Like   #61
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There is also ht tps://theta360.com/en/
360-degree camera RICOH THETA

09-19-2022, 03:29 PM   #62

ricoh-imaging.eu website is still active. I could log in with my existing credentials and ordered some bits and pieces... Still processed by Luzern Technology.
Pentax.eu is up but with a very limited range of accessories.
09-20-2022, 03:35 AM   #63
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by eric1965 Quote
Pentax.eu is up but with a very limited range of accessories
Did you click on Pentax cameras or Pentax lenses?

I clicked on Pentax cameraS and WOW I was happily surprised to find that Ricoh upgraded their full frame camera line:

1) a new 24Mpixels entry level model with fast AF, 12 frames per second and 4K video at $1789 . They also offer a J limited version of that model, wooden grip, with silver top plate and dials , featuring a traditional split focusing screen for manually focusing SMC M series lenses, AF is disabled and frame rate is locked at 1 frame per second for that version of the camera, so that it remind its user of the good old times of the Pentax LX and most importantly not to waste film rolls

2) the all rounder model at $2789, basically a Pentax K1 with 42Mp sensor, 7 frames per second, a little more buffer , UHS-II card slots on on board GPS, 101 AF points , for travel , family , landscape, astro photography

3) and the 88Mpixels model at $4567 for landscape and fine art photographers, with the new processor, 4 frames per second, featuring pixel shift @ 234Mpixels with fully automated focus stacking. The FF model upgrade to the Pentax 645z, offered to medium format shooters with a the full range of DFA lenses.

All cameras use the same camera body , controls and tilt screen borrowed from the original Pentax K1 and same user interface.

There is also the new limited lens lineup, metal built with WR: 25mm f1.8, 40mm f1.8, 85mm f1.8 and 135mm f2.8. I think those are licensed Zeiss optics , updated with Pentax HD coating, rehoused into Pentax limited metal finish black and silver barrels, all with the same 77mm filter thread, cool.

I couldn't ask for more, we are so lucky with Pentax. Wow Pentax go Pentax!
What? Are you saying all this was in my dream? Back to reality, oh no! I need a coffee.

Last edited by biz-engineer; 09-20-2022 at 03:50 AM.
09-20-2022, 10:58 AM   #64
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Their lens glossary is a bit strange
QuoteOriginally posted by pentax.eu:
Lens categories
M The first lens series with K-Mount
Skipping the "K" series but it's hard to label them as the K designation is unofficial.

09-20-2022, 12:49 PM   #65
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
It's online :

https://ricoh-imaging.eu/pages/our-brands

https://pentax.eu/fr/
09-20-2022, 01:00 PM   #66
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by house Quote
Their lens glossary is a bit strange

Skipping the "K" series but it's hard to label them as the K designation is unofficial.
Yeah, it is strange in many places. From the spelling of the word "aperture", and that it implies that there are cameras with KAF3 and KAF4 version of the mount (but they are only used on lenses). It also say that HD coating is the newest and most advanced coating, but I believe that is Aero Bright II. Plus a number of other strange wordings and bad translations.

Like this:
QuoteQuote:
SR - Standing for In-Body Image Stabilization (IBIS).
And I always though that SR stood for "Shake Reduction"

Couldn't they just used the glossary that Ricoh already have, and that is much more correct?

Another favorite about A-series lenses.
QuoteQuote:
A
WIth the KA-series lenses an apperture automatic function is included. With launching this series, apperture and program automatic becomes available. Focus is also manual.

This lenses are designed for the use with full automatic cameras like Super A, Program A and manual focussing.

A-Type lenses could be used with its original function (supporting Tv and Program mode and manual focus operated directly on the lens) on cameras with:

K Mount
K-A Mount
K-AF Mount (limitation see explanation)
K-AF2 Mount (limitation see explanation)
K-AF3 Mount (limitation see explanation)
K-AF4 Mount (limitation see explanation)

Covering 35 mm film size which is including also smaler sensor size APS-C.

Last edited by Fogel70; 09-20-2022 at 01:05 PM.
09-20-2022, 01:34 PM   #67
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Fogel70 Quote
Yeah, it is strange in many places. From the spelling of the word "aperture", and that it implies that there are cameras with KAF3 and KAF4 version of the mount (but they are only used on lenses). It also say that HD coating is the newest and most advanced coating, but I believe that is Aero Bright II. Plus a number of other strange wordings and bad translations.

Like this:
And I always though that SR stood for "Shake Reduction"

Couldn't they just used the glossary that Ricoh already have, and that is much more correct?

Another favorite about A-series lenses.
It often takes a bit of time for sites to settle. Even luxury brands like Leica had a fair few glitches when they redid their website. Lets hope Pentax iterates and removes the oddities. There are some instances of pretty terrible typography like center aligned text with multiple short paragraphs stacked as well as images that are up scaled by the web interface resulting in slightly blurry images.

The simple look with large images is good and some content is already more accessible. So steps in the right direction.

Regarding SR/Ibis I think it makes sense to adapt the common language to emphasize that Pentax has ibis in their dslr's.

09-20-2022, 02:19 PM   #68
Pentaxian

Regarding SR/Ibis I think it makes sense to adapt the common language to emphasize that Pentax has ibis in their dslr's.
I see no reason why they should choose one over the other when they can do both. Both explain what SR stand for, and what it is.

It just seems strange that they do not use the excellent "glossary" material they already produced on this matter years ago. That are much more factual and much more professionally done.

Like the material they have published in this pdf.
https://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/support/pdf/pentax_acc.pdf
09-21-2022, 01:47 PM - 1 Like   #69
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Pentax.eu is online && 10 jet black camera’s available... same price as normal black silver versions.

Strange: also Kp and 560 mm are listed (but unavailable). I thought they were discontinued...
10-20-2022, 12:48 PM   #70
Pentaxian

Anyone knows how to get some feedback about the pentax.eu site to Pentax or those operating the site? A couple of things I've noted.

1. The product images, hero images etc. are generally of awful quality on a laptop or desktop of moderate resolution. They source image is often smaller than the dimensions set in the html resulting in grimy blurry images. Those are scaled (by cms) are also of severely downgraded as accessing the original by removing resize info from the url reveals a decent quality image. The nice photographs of beautiful Pentax products look awful on the website due to misconfiguration and wrongly specced source images.

2. Product specification at the bottom of product pages often have expandable boxes with only one single datapoint resulting the user having to open 20 expandable boxes to read the full product spec. see the bottom of this page for instance https://pentax.eu/products/hd-pentax-d-fa-21mmf2-4ed-limited-dc-wr
10-20-2022, 01:24 PM   #71
Pentaxian

Anyone knows how to get some feedback about the pentax.eu site to Pentax or those operating the site?
………..
2. Product specification at the bottom of product pages often have expandable boxes with only one single datapoint resulting the user having to open 20 expandable boxes to read the full product spec. see the bottom of this page for instance https://pentax.eu/products/hd-pentax-d-fa-21mmf2-4ed-limited-dc-wr
The bottom of the page you refer to does have a “Contact Us” link.
Have you tried it??
10-20-2022, 01:34 PM   #72
Pentaxian

Their french translation is also very so-so...
10-21-2022, 12:40 PM - 1 Like   #73
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Their french translation is also very so-so...
Same as the Dutch translation, it is clearly unreviewed machine translation. Sometimes imagination or translating back into English is the way out.
One example: the camera body is sometimes referred as " carrosserie ” , a translation that works for automobiles but less for a camera ” behuizing ”. Which would machine translate into camera housing if going the same way back to English.
11-06-2022, 05:36 AM   #74
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by FotoGekko Quote
The frequency of the waves of change in the PR and customer relations business is simply much higher, you got to live with it.........

Cheers Gerard
This is one of the major rumors/news of the last year if you add the small workshop orientation story and similar notes. The roadmap, even the public one, has much more interesting news to be released on that bright new website.
12-30-2022, 06:12 AM - 1 Like   #75
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Looks now like the brand websites are completed....
On the website there is also reference to Slik stative (tripods etc...)
Attached Images