Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 21 Likes Search this Thread
09-05-2022, 03:59 PM - 7 Likes   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Announcing the Pentax K-3 Mark III eBook & introductory special

Today I'm very excited to announce that the Pentax K-3 III eBook has been completed, and is just around the corner: it will be available right here on the forum in one week, on September 12th!

Pentax K-3 Mark III: The Ultimate Guide, as the name implies, is meant to be a comprehensive guide to help you get the most out of your K-3 III camera. It focuses on practical use cases and real-word trips, and is thus the perfect supplement to the highly verbose owner's manual.

Update: the eBook is now available! Purchase and download here

This is the first new eBook since Yvon Bourque, the author of all prior Pentax eBooks, passed away in 2020. Bernard ( @bdery , the primary author of the new eBook) and I hope to honor his legacy by continuing making these kinds of eBooks available to the Pentax community. Writing this eBook has been a significant undertaking, and we look forward to your feedback and enjoyment of the book.

A new set of authors means a new approach: this 160+ page PDF eBook is suitable for viewing on a PC or Tablet, and has been enhanced with digital-friendly features such as a native table of contents, clickable links between chapters/sections, and links to useful external resources and guides on the forum. The book can also be printed on letter sized or A4 paper.

We also plan to regularly update the eBook with new tips and tricks, lens and accessory resources, and changes related to camera firmware updates. The community's feedback is always welcome via the contact form.

How to Purchase

The K-3 III eBook is available directly on the forum as an instant PDF download.

Proceeds from the eBook will help support ongoing updates and the development of eBooks for future models.

eBook Sample & Download

If you'd like to take a sneak peek at what the book looks like, check out the sample below:
Name:  k3_3_ebook_cover.png
Views: 7081
Size:  411.3 KB

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

Last edited by Adam; 11-05-2022 at 03:01 PM.
09-05-2022, 05:45 PM - 2 Likes   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Fantastic work @Adam and @bdery.
09-05-2022, 06:53 PM   #3
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

That is very good news. Thanks. Purchased
09-05-2022, 08:17 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Great news! Thank you.

09-05-2022, 11:17 PM   #5

Thanks a lot for this. Me too purchased :-)
09-06-2022, 07:03 AM   #6
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks

I'm eagerly awaiting my copy
09-06-2022, 09:10 AM   #7
Pentaxian

There is no choice than to open or use a PayPal account - paying with credit card results in an error message relating to a PayPal account.
I don't want to use PayPal but would like the e-book.

09-06-2022, 01:33 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Today I'm very excited to announce that the Pentax K-3 III eBook has been completed, and is just around the corner: it will be available right here on the forum in one week, on September 12th!

Pentax K-3 Mark III: The Ultimate Guide, as the name implies, is meant to be a comprehensive guide to help you get the most out of your K-3 III camera. It focuses on practical use cases and real-word trips, and is thus the perfect supplement to the highly verbose owner's manual.

This is the first new eBook since Yvon Bourque, the author of all prior Pentax eBooks, passed away in 2020. Bernard ( @bdery , the primary author of the new eBook) and I hope to honor his legacy by continuing making these kinds of eBooks available to the Pentax community. Writing this eBook has been a significant undertaking, and we look forward to your feedback and enjoyment of the book.

A new set of authors means a new approach: this 160+ page PDF eBook is suitable for viewing on a PC or Tablet, and has been enhanced with digital-friendly features such as a native table of contents, clickable links between chapters/sections, and links to useful external resources and guides on the forum. The book can also be printed on letter sized or A4 paper.

We also plan to regularly update the eBook with new tips and tricks, lens and accessory resources, and changes related to camera firmware updates. The community's feedback is always welcome via the contact form.

Introductory Offer & Purchasing

Save $10 on the eBook by pre-purchasing your copy today. This offer ends on September 12th.

Purchasing the K-3 III eBook also includes access to Yvon's K-3 / K-3 II eBook for reference!

Proceeds from the eBook will help support ongoing updates and the development of eBooks for future models.

eBook Sample & Download

If you'd like to take a sneak peek at what the book looks like, check out the sample below:
Attachment 583102
Thank you, Adam! This will be a big help in getting the most out of our new cameras! Thank you for all you do!
09-06-2022, 07:08 PM   #9

I like the sample. I have a K-70, not a K3-III, but there might be relevant portions in there for me as well. The original manual from Ricoh is not enough for serious study. The manual from Yvon Bourque was very informative and showed his personality, but it also kind of rambled. The contents alone take 10 pages, the "quick-start" guide has 12 pages before you can take a picture. You seem to be striking a good balance.
09-07-2022, 06:46 AM - 4 Likes   #10
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by bogwalker Quote
You seem to be striking a good balance.
The idea is not to copy what Yvon did. That would not be possible anyway, I'm not the same person I hope my style, more personal than when writing reviews but with the same factual angle, will please readers.
09-07-2022, 09:10 AM - 2 Likes   #11
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
The idea is not to copy what Yvon did. That would not be possible anyway, I'm not the same person I hope my style, more personal than when writing reviews but with the same factual angle, will please readers.
I do not own a K3-III so in a sense I don't care much about the ebook itself.

But honoring Yvon's memory makes me full of joy.

+1000000
09-07-2022, 09:58 AM - 1 Like   #12
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
I do not own a K3-III so in a sense I don't care much about the ebook itself.

But honoring Yvon's memory makes me full of joy.

+1000000
I do not, and most likely will never, own a K-3iii, so in a sense I don’t care much about this ebook itself,

but continuing this tradition fills me with joy.
09-07-2022, 04:34 PM   #13
Pentaxian

There is an option to pay by credit card for the UK, perhaps also other countries, but that option is invisible when I switch to the Netherlands. Then it's just PayPal. Is this a bug?
I'd really like to have this e-book.
PS: I also have a British account, so I just used that. Looking forward and thanks to all who put a great effort into it.

Last edited by Smolk; 09-08-2022 at 03:08 AM.
09-10-2022, 11:01 PM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Purchased! Thank You Bernard and Adam.
Also thanks for keeping the e-book series going.
09-11-2022, 01:59 AM - 2 Likes   #15
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

I have received my copy of the K-3 III e-book today, and skimmed the whole book, read in detail some chapters.

The e-book is well presented, logical, contains very good information and direction, has plenty of illustrations, graphics and images and overall is completed to a high standard.

I can recommend this e-book to those considering purchase.

Ross