Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-15-2007, 08:12 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
After my Lunch with Pentax

Just finished my lunch with Pentax...a couple of things. Let's start with ME 'cause that is the most important item here LOL... LOL ..might as well build on my already horrible reputation for having an over inflated ego and add fuel to the fire of those that said I'm a dick head..LOL.

I will shortly be up on the official Pentax France web site...

Now that I got that BS out of the way, let's get to the serious stuff. Start saving your pennies..The 645D is not vapourware..that is all I can say and we won't have to wait as long as some have speculated. I know, I know....But it will be worth the wait.

End of discussion..

03-15-2007, 08:29 AM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
QuoteQuote:
Let's start with ME 'cause that is the most important item here LOL... LOL ..might as well build on my already horrible reputation for having an over inflated ego and add fuel to the fire of those that said I'm a dick head..LOL.

I will shortly be up on the official Pentax France web site...
QuoteQuote:
Start saving your pennies..The 645D is not vapourware..that is all I can say and we won't have to wait as long as some have speculated. I know, I know....But it will be worth the wait.
End of discussion..
Let your ego be the best of you, your talent will still surpass it lol. Congrats on the promotion of sorts (I'm not sure what to call it but this will have to do). Can't wait to see all the sweet pics you'll have on the Pentax site and of course all the others.

The 645D... soon errr... sooner! Thats sweet! Guess Pentax will pave another road down a path that many can't touch it and I might have to find someplace to play with it if I get a chance, but I am sad to say will never purchase due to financial restrictions and the fact I need to focus on one camera/lens outfit and not another lol.

By the way Ben how was the food and what did you guys have? Some burgers and fries? Lol, no really what delictables did you all enjoy?
03-15-2007, 08:44 AM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by codiac2600 Quote
Let your ego be the best of you, your talent will still surpass it lol.
As the old saying goes, "It ain't bragging if you can do it."
03-15-2007, 08:53 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Lunch

Let your ego be the best of you, your talent will still surpass it lol. Congrats on the promotion of sorts (I'm not sure what to call it but this will have to do). Can't wait to see all the sweet pics you'll have on the Pentax site and of course all the others.

The 645D... soon errr... sooner! Thats sweet! Guess Pentax will pave another road down a path that many can't touch it and I might have to find someplace to play with it if I get a chance, but I am sad to say will never purchase due to financial restrictions and the fact I need to focus on one camera/lens outfit and not another lol.

By the way Ben how was the food and what did you guys have? Some burgers and fries? Lol, no really what delictables did you all enjoy?
Yeah right..McDonalds no way..We had lunch a Brasserie on rue Des Abbesses in Montmartre in the 18th district called Le Sanncerre 35, Rue des Abbesses
, 75018, Paris, France..Here is the link to see the place.

Le Sancerre : Bar Paris

I had Coc'O Vin. Mr.Belamdi had the same. Nice looking women around...Whew it is definately springtime.

03-15-2007, 08:57 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Just finished my lunch with Pentax...
Pentax who?
Pentax France?
What did they know???
When did we ever get something interesting from Pentax France?

Perhaps this is the day?

Now, what did they say?
03-15-2007, 09:01 AM   #6
Veteran Member

The 645D is not vapourware..that is all I can say
Can you say just a little bit more like the approx price range?
High 4 digit? Low 5 digit? (just a ball park figure in US$ would do)
03-15-2007, 09:02 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
Yeah right..McDonalds no way..We had lunch a Brasserie on rue Des Abbesses in Montmartre in the 18th district called Le Sanncerre 35, Rue des Abbesses
, 75018, Paris, France
QuoteQuote:
I had Coc'O Vin. Mr.Belamdi had the same. Nice looking women around...Whew it is definately springtime.
Coc'O Vin, isn't that a breakfast cake... poppyseeds maybe? I'm actually a cook by trade and I know I've heard of this but my usual menu consists of steakhouse and semi fine dining and definitely not that fine lol.

That looks like a gorgeous place to be, so envious of you sir, but I guess I envy many seeing as I have much to learn lol.

Hope it was a grand time and still can't wait to see some new pics from you sir Ben.

03-15-2007, 09:06 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Please don't kill the messanger..

QuoteOriginally posted by nosnoop Quote
Can you say just a little bit more like the approx price range?
High 4 digit? Low 5 digit? (just a ball park figure in US$ would do)
It was intimated that it would be in the 4 figure area. We all know why, don't we?
03-15-2007, 09:08 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hamburg

QuoteOriginally posted by blende8 Quote
Pentax who?
Pentax France?
What did they know???
When did we ever get something interesting from Pentax France?

Perhaps this is the day?

Now, what did they say?
Pentax headquarters in Europe is in Hamburg...Perhaps you might wish to contact them?

Last edited by benjikan; 03-15-2007 at 09:14 AM.
03-15-2007, 09:13 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
"Coq au Vin" sorry I spelled it incorrectly

Coc'O Vin, isn't that a breakfast cake... poppyseeds maybe? I'm actually a cook by trade and I know I've heard of this but my usual menu consists of steakhouse and semi fine dining and definitely not that fine lol.

That looks like a gorgeous place to be, so envious of you sir, but I guess I envy many seeing as I have much to learn lol.

Hope it was a grand time and still can't wait to see some new pics from you sir Ben.
No it is "Coq au Vin" sorry? It is a rooster
Here it is:

"Coq au vin"
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Coq au vin (rooster with wine) is a French fricassee of chicken cooked with wine, lardons, mushrooms, and garlic. Older roosters are traditionally used because they contain a lot of connective tissue, which creates a richer broth when cooked.
Many regions of France have variants of coq au vin using the local wine, e.g. coq au vin jaune (Jura), coq au Champagne, and so on. The most extravagant version is coq au Chambertin, but this generally involves Chambertin more in name than in practice.
03-15-2007, 09:28 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Coq au vin (rooster with wine) is a French fricassee of chicken cooked with wine, lardons, mushrooms, and garlic. Older roosters are traditionally used because they contain a lot of connective tissue, which creates a richer broth when cooked.
Many regions of France have variants of coq au vin using the local wine, e.g. coq au vin jaune (Jura), coq au Champagne, and so on. The most extravagant version is coq au Chambertin, but this generally involves Chambertin more in name than in practice.
Ahh ok definitely something I have never, will never cook (I'm not that good of a chef), but will love to taste... it!

Thank you for the tidbit and if you ever feel the need to ship something sameday to Illinois I'd like a frozen sample to thaw.
03-15-2007, 09:47 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Pentax headquarters in Europe is in Hamburg...Perhaps you might wish to contact them?
I'm a nothing. You are the king.
So, what did they say?
03-15-2007, 09:59 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Come On..Please... What are you Doing?

QuoteOriginally posted by blende8 Quote
I'm a nothing. You are the king.
So, what did they say?

I am not a King and you are certainly not a Nothing. I cannot divulge what I have been asked not to divulge. I said as much as I wish to say at this time. I will not exaggerate, but from what I understood at today's meeting, there will be some very exciting developments in the Fall and that when I am doing my thing at the Photo Show in Paris in October, I may have some new stuff to play with..I did say "May" not certainly. I'm sorry but that is all I can share presently.

If you are living in Germany, you may wish to visit one of my exhibits at one of the seven "Lumas Galleries" around Germany.

Just go to LUMAS - Photo. Art. Editions. and click on Fine Works and find Benjamin Kanarek to see where I am exhibiting. I know they have Galleries in Hamburg, Berlin I think Munich, but check it out.
03-15-2007, 11:59 AM   #14
Veteran Member

We know about the K10D replacement in the fall. What about the current already sold ones? Any updates?
03-15-2007, 12:24 PM   #15

I hate to say it!

But that thing is fugly! I guess looks arnt everything though. Here is an article I found. You may have seen it but check it out anyway. Pentax Digital 645 Prototype: A First Look - Pro SLR / Digital Backs

Last edited by BigSpender; 03-15-2007 at 12:25 PM. Reason: needed to include link