Show Printable Version 87 Likes Search this Thread
10-28-2022, 08:36 AM - 1 Like   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mikeSF Quote
wow, you are our hero!
Thanks Ivan
Mike, sure hope you are entering one or both of the contests. You are one whose work I have admired over the years. Good luck to you!

10-31-2022, 07:12 AM - 1 Like   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Ivan, thanks for your generosity of the prizes, and for the buzz it has created.

I am assuming that the photos need be taken during the contest time frame, is that correct?
10-31-2022, 09:58 AM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ivanvernon Quote
Mike, sure hope you are entering one or both of the contests. You are one whose work I have admired over the years. Good luck to you!
wow thanks!
I cant figure out what to enter, but i plan to.
10-31-2022, 10:29 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Pix taken during contest time?

QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
Ivan, thanks for your generosity of the prizes, and for the buzz it has created.

I am assuming that the photos need be taken during the contest time frame, is that correct?
I have not seen this point discussed, but Adam is the rule maker, enforcer, adjudicator, etc., so we need to ask him to make a ruling and post it.

Thanks for asking.

ivan

10-31-2022, 10:33 AM - 1 Like   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ivanvernon Quote
I have not seen this point discussed, but Adam is the rule maker, enforcer, adjudicator, etc., so we need to ask him to make a ruling and post it.

Thanks for asking.

ivan
Since it wasn't mentioned I assumed it was open to photos taken any time. If that isn't allowed I'll need to revise my entries.
10-31-2022, 11:28 AM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mattb123 Quote
Since it wasn't mentioned I assumed it was open to photos taken any time. If that isn't allowed I'll need to revise my entries.
Matt, I would assume the same, but just think we had better wait for Adam because two people pntificating on the same point can make a mess of things! ivan
10-31-2022, 11:54 AM - 1 Like   #22
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
There are no restrictions on when the photo was taken

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-31-2022, 01:03 PM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

How about the other issue of whether stitched panoramas are permitted, or does it need to be a single shot? If single, I'd assume they could be cropped to 16:9 or other such aspect ratio.
10-31-2022, 05:48 PM - 2 Likes   #24
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jheu02 Quote
How about the other issue of whether stitched panoramas are permitted, or does it need to be a single shot? If single, I'd assume they could be cropped to 16:9 or other such aspect ratio.
There's no requirement/restriction one way or the other, as long as all the photos meet the camera/lens requirements originally stated.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-01-2022, 02:20 AM - 4 Likes   #25

After a long period of silence, my desire to start shooting again was recently revived but it's been mainly due to needing an extra (of all things) video camera to shoot because my GoPro kept running out of batteries as I forget to turn it off so often. Glad this came up as it'll spur on my desire to head to the mountains more often at earlier times to find a good light and landscape. Hoping this Wed/Thursday rains will offer up some interesting scenes. Good luck everyone!
11-05-2022, 05:21 PM   #26

Is it allowed to edit original files (photos) off-camera (cropping, converting to b/w) ?
11-08-2022, 08:52 AM   #27

Is this comp still open as of 8th November 2022 thank you
11-08-2022, 09:01 AM - 1 Like   #28

Hi to all. Are there any rules concerning image size/ file size?
11-08-2022, 09:09 AM - 1 Like   #29
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Wickie Quote
Hi to all. Are there any rules concerning image size/ file size?
There are no hard requirements, but a good idea would be to stick to a web-friendly size as in our other contests.

Adam

11-08-2022, 09:40 AM - 1 Like   #30

Thanks for your prompt answer.