Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 87 Likes Search this Thread
11-08-2022, 02:42 PM   #31

Hi Adam,

could I also get an answer to my question ? Thanks in advance !

11-11-2022, 05:18 PM   #32
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by indanon Quote
Is it allowed to edit original files (photos) off-camera (cropping, converting to b/w) ?
Yes, there are no restrictions on this.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-14-2022, 01:53 PM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Entered! I'm trying to get back into the game and it would be cool if I could win one of these lenses...
11-16-2022, 09:45 PM   #34
Pentaxian

A really generous gesture by @ivanvernon! Thank you! Seems you have stimulated the competitive urges amongst the landscapers. Cheers!

11-19-2022, 04:35 AM   #35

QuoteOriginally posted by airjames Quote
After a long period of silence, my desire to start shooting again was recently revived but it's been mainly due to needing an extra (of all things) video camera to shoot because my GoPro kept running out of batteries as I forget to turn it off so often. Glad this came up as it'll spur on my desire to head to the mountains more often at earlier times to find a good light and landscape. Hoping this Wed/Thursday rains will offer up some interesting scenes. Good luck everyone!
I think I might give it a go as well, I have a nice landscape lens and the weather is getting nicer here in Perth
11-25-2022, 03:40 PM   #36
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Well, this was a very good reason to get off my backside and edit some stuff I had pending. Thanks a lot for the *very* generous donation, @ivanvernon... I'll be sure to give that 31mm a good home
11-27-2022, 04:47 AM   #37

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I'm happy to announce two special photo contests that will run in parallel from today through November 30th December 10th!

How to enter:

Start a thread in the post your photos forum and attach or embed your photo. Select the Landscape Contest (2022) prefix from the dropdown to enter contest 1, or select the
Landscape Contest (2022, Medium Format Photos) prefix to enter contest 2.

To be eligible for the contest, you must include EXIF for digital photos or specify the camera/lens for film photos.

Only landscape photos may be submitted. Other photos will be automatically disqualified. If you submit multiple photos, only the most recent photo in your first thread will be considered.

Eligibility:

This contest is open to forum users worldwide. You may enter one or both contests, with a maximum of 1 photo per contest per person. In case the same person wins both contests, the winner will be able to choose any one of the 4 lenses and the runner-up will be able to choose one lens from from the remaining lens(es) in the respective contest.

Winner selection:

Once the contests close, a poll will be created and the entire community will vote for the contest winner. If there are more than 100 total submissions to either contest, the voting will be preceded by a nominations period, and the top 100 submissions with the most comments/replies will be included in the poll.

Prize details:

Prizes are generously donated by @ivanvernon . All lenses are in excellent condition with proper front and back caps and no disfiguring smudges, scratches, or other disfiguring marks. The 90 mm comes boxed. Shipping is included. Winner responsible for customs duties and taxes, if applicable.

Contest galleries:

You may view the photos submitted so far in a special gallery:

Good luck!
What is meant under include EXIF data? I should somehow separately upload them or what? Or its enough if EXIF in available inside JPEG file and available to access in any viewer.
thank for reply.
Sorry for a stupid, question, new member to forum...

11-27-2022, 08:50 AM - 1 Like   #38
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by PardonMyShutterSound Quote
What is meant under include EXIF data?
Just that it shouldnt have been stripped out by editing software or by linking/downloading from a website that does the same (ie Facebook)

If you are submitting images direct from the camera or ones that have been edited in reputable software, you will be fine.
12-02-2022, 07:44 AM   #39
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've had this contest in mind but had a hard time picking an image(finally went with the ranch). Thank you for extending the date @Adam. (note:This was not done on my account) I was able to get if figured out in the middle of the night. I hope it worked out alright and the ducks are lined up this time. Exif is available.

Many thanks to @ivanvernon for his donations!

I checked out the gallery and the judges are going to have a hard time with this one.
12-07-2022, 02:13 PM   #40
GLM

Hi I tried to upload a file but it didn't seem to take. Just wondering if I missed something or the photo didn't meet some criteria and was excluded.
Of course could just be that I am a novice at this and didn't do it right.
If anyone can assist I would greatly appreciate it.
12-07-2022, 07:27 PM   #41
Veteran Member

Much confusion

As you can see from all the clarification questions this is a very confusing contest to enter. When I first saw the theme I was excited but when I went in the weeds (pun intended) I got lost. Not for me. A bit of a mess......
12-08-2022, 08:09 AM   #42
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by GLM Quote
Hi I tried to upload a file but it didn't seem to take. Just wondering if I missed something or the photo didn't meet some criteria and was excluded.
Of course could just be that I am a novice at this and didn't do it right.
If anyone can assist I would greatly appreciate it.
It looks like it has been posted correctly........ The Golden Fleece - PentaxForums.com
12-09-2022, 01:59 PM   #43

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I'm happy to announce two special photo contests that will run in parallel from today through November 30th December 10th!

How to enter:

Start a thread in the post your photos forum and attach or embed your photo. Select the Landscape Contest (2022) prefix from the dropdown to enter contest 1, or select the
Landscape Contest (2022, Medium Format Photos) prefix to enter contest 2.

To be eligible for the contest, you must include EXIF for digital photos or specify the camera/lens for film photos.

Only landscape photos may be submitted. Other photos will be automatically disqualified. If you submit multiple photos, only the most recent photo in your first thread will be considered.

Eligibility:

This contest is open to forum users worldwide. You may enter one or both contests, with a maximum of 1 photo per contest per person. In case the same person wins both contests, the winner will be able to choose any one of the 4 lenses and the runner-up will be able to choose one lens from from the remaining lens(es) in the respective contest.

Winner selection:

Once the contests close, a poll will be created and the entire community will vote for the contest winner. If there are more than 100 total submissions to either contest, the voting will be preceded by a nominations period, and the top 100 submissions with the most comments/replies will be included in the poll.

Prize details:

Prizes are generously donated by @ivanvernon . All lenses are in excellent condition with proper front and back caps and no disfiguring smudges, scratches, or other disfiguring marks. The 90 mm comes boxed. Shipping is included. Winner responsible for customs duties and taxes, if applicable.

Contest galleries:

You may view the photos submitted so far in a special gallery:

Good luck!
Im trying to submit a photo but the image quality looks horrendous. Not sure what im doing wrong. Used PS export save for web feature to make a jpg of 1mb but when I uploaded it as an attachment it says something like 132kb and it looks very blurry. Any advice on the uploading process? Looks like you can upload a psd of 3mb or a jpeg of 1mb. I went with the jpeg so I can convert the colors to srgb so it doesn't look different. Not sure if and how possible to do so with PSD file. Dont understand why this website is changing the file size when I try to upload it.
12-09-2022, 11:49 PM   #44
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SEVASTIANOS Quote
Im trying to submit a photo but the image quality looks horrendous. Not sure what im doing wrong. Used PS export save for web feature to make a jpg of 1mb but when I uploaded it as an attachment it says something like 132kb and it looks very blurry. Any advice on the uploading process? Looks like you can upload a psd of 3mb or a jpeg of 1mb. I went with the jpeg so I can convert the colors to srgb so it doesn't look different. Not sure if and how possible to do so with PSD file. Dont understand why this website is changing the file size when I try to upload it.
If you keep your resolution at or bellow 1400px (wide) x 900 px (high) and the filesize below 900Kb, the website won't scale or compress the image.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-10-2022, 07:22 PM   #45
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Both contests will close in just a few hours- if you've been planning to enter but haven't yet, please get those last-minute submissions in!

As a reminder, a few folks have submitted multiple photos to the non medium format contest. Only the most recent photo in your first thread will be considered unless you let me know otherwise.

Adam