Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 87 Likes Search this Thread
10-22-2022, 08:47 PM - 12 Likes   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Two Special Photo Contests: "Landscape" - win Pentax 645, star, and limited lenses!

I'm happy to announce two special photo contests that will run in parallel from today through November 30th December 10th!

How to enter:

Start a thread in the post your photos forum and attach or embed your photo. Select the Landscape Contest (2022) prefix from the dropdown to enter contest 1, or select the
Landscape Contest (2022, Medium Format Photos) prefix to enter contest 2.

To be eligible for the contest, you must include EXIF for digital photos or specify the camera/lens for film photos.

Only landscape photos may be submitted. Other photos will be automatically disqualified. If you submit multiple photos, only the most recent photo in your first thread will be considered.

Eligibility:

This contest is open to forum users worldwide. You may enter one or both contests, with a maximum of 1 photo per contest per person. In case the same person wins both contests, the winner will be able to choose any one of the 4 lenses and the runner-up will be able to choose one lens from from the remaining lens(es) in the respective contest.

Winner selection:

Once the contests close, a poll will be created and the entire community will vote for the contest winner. If there are more than 100 total submissions to either contest, the voting will be preceded by a nominations period, and the top 100 submissions with the most comments/replies will be included in the poll.

Prize details:

Prizes are generously donated by @ivanvernon . All lenses are in excellent condition with proper front and back caps and no disfiguring smudges, scratches, or other disfiguring marks. The 90 mm comes boxed. Shipping is included. Winner responsible for customs duties and taxes, if applicable.

Contest galleries:

You may view the photos submitted so far in a special gallery:

Good luck!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

Last edited by Adam; 10-25-2022 at 06:35 PM.
10-23-2022, 06:58 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Perfect time of year for a landscape themed contest no matter if the photographer is in the Northern or Soutern hemisphere.
10-23-2022, 07:13 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Contest 1: Landscape theme, open to all non-medium format photos
No Pentax camera requirement?
10-23-2022, 09:09 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Just for clarification, it sounds like a non-pentax MF body with Pentax glass would not be eligible. Correct?

10-23-2022, 01:15 PM - 7 Likes   #5
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Prizes are generously donated by @ivanvernon
For he's a jolly good fellow, and so say all of us! Hooray for Ivan.
10-23-2022, 06:36 PM - 2 Likes   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mattb123 Quote
Just for clarification, it sounds like a non-pentax MF body with Pentax glass would not be eligible. Correct?
Great question! I have clarified the requirements in the original post. For contest 1, submissions must be taken with a Pentax camera (but any lens). For contest 2, submissions must either be taken with a Pentax medium format camera or a Pentax medium format lens on a non-Pentax camera.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-23-2022, 11:13 PM - 2 Likes   #7
Pentaxian

Wow, thanks Ivan for making this possible and Adam for organising this in such a nice time to do landscape photography.

10-24-2022, 08:08 AM - 2 Likes   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great question! I have clarified the requirements in the original post. For contest 1, submissions must be taken with a Pentax camera (but any lens). For contest 2, submissions must either be taken with a Pentax medium format camera or a Pentax medium format lens on a non-Pentax camera.
Thanks for the clarification!

Also thanks to Ivan for the generous donations!
10-24-2022, 02:16 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Are stitched panoramas, polyptychs, exposure blends, etc. allowed?
10-24-2022, 03:35 PM - 1 Like   #10
Pentaxian

Ivan, cheers!
10-24-2022, 05:19 PM - 11 Likes   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks for nice comments.

Thanks for the nice comments and positive reception of the contests for K-1 and medium format cameras. I was partially inspired by all the wonderful landscape photography being posted to the Medium Format thread. I am hoping for wide participation.
10-25-2022, 06:16 AM - 4 Likes   #12
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ivanvernon Quote
Thanks for the nice comments and positive reception of the contests for K-1 and medium format cameras. I was partially inspired by all the wonderful landscape photography being posted to the Medium Format thread. I am hoping for wide participation.
This morning I counted 17 entering the contest {of 40 threads on the front page};
I would say you have succeeded already, and your generosity has given people something to do at this time of no news from Pentax.

Last edited by reh321; 10-25-2022 at 08:52 AM.
10-26-2022, 01:44 PM - 1 Like   #13
Pentaxian

Sick contest, I'll have to think of ideas for around here. Thanks Ivan for the generous prizes.
10-27-2022, 03:05 AM - 4 Likes   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by baro-nite Quote
Are stitched panoramas, polyptychs, exposure blends, etc. allowed?
Adam is the final authority on contest rules. However, I have seen no rules against any of this.Thank you or your interest in the contest. ivan

---------- Post added 10-27-22 at 06:08 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by HoutHans Quote
Wow, thanks Ivan for making this possible and Adam for organising this in such a nice time to do landscape photography.
It is a pleasure for me and partial repayment for all the pleasure and enjoyment I have gained from Pentax Forum participation over the years. Thanks to Adam for his organizational and managerial efforts in setting up everything. ivan
10-28-2022, 07:58 AM - 2 Likes   #15
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ivanvernon Quote
wow, you are our hero!
Thanks Ivan