Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-07-2022, 12:20 PM - 1 Like   #46
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by CristiC Quote
I wonder if the ”F” stands for film. 35mm film. In that case, I would buy one. Nah, dreaming. That kit lens isn't full frame. Maybe film emulations like Fuji?
"F" for First. Your first Pentax K-mount camera.

11-07-2022, 12:24 PM   #47
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
@OoKU indicated this isn’t an actual image of the KF if I understood him (“painting”).
'Renderings' would be the appropriate term. Official ones though.
11-07-2022, 12:30 PM   #48
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
Spittin' image of the K-70...
I came on here to post the same comment. Except for the color pieces, it looks exactly like a K-70.

P.S. Reading further down, it appears this is an artist's rendering (i.e., they photoshop'd a K-70 with the KF designation and the alternate colors).

I'm very curious what features this new camera has at this price-point. I'm looking forward to the official reveal!

Last edited by cdw2000; 11-07-2022 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Add reference to artist rendering
11-07-2022, 12:35 PM   #49
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by nonpigliounoshoot Quote
Well, I still think they do things they've already talked about.

Pentax K-3 Mark III Monochrome and K-70 dedicated to Astrophotography - Pentax & Ricoh Rumors
Well, the K-70 dedicated to astrophotography is obviously out. That camera is out of production and it seems unlikely that they will do anything with it. The could do something astro oriented with this new KF camera, so I suppose there is that.

11-07-2022, 12:42 PM - 1 Like   #50
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

When I first saw the name KF I thought KP replacement but it seems that is not the case. Hopefully it has the KP AF system, shutter with the 26 mp sensor.
11-07-2022, 12:47 PM - 3 Likes   #51

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
"F" for First. Your first Pentax K-mount camera.
"F" for Final. Your final Pentax K-mount camera. LOL

Read more at: Pentax KF - Page 4 - PentaxForums.com
11-07-2022, 12:47 PM   #52
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Well, the K-70 dedicated to astrophotography is obviously out. That camera is out of production and it seems unlikely that they will do anything with it. The could do something astro oriented with this new KF camera, so I suppose there is that.
Where have you heard/seen that the K-70 is out of production?

11-07-2022, 12:51 PM   #53

I am hoping, that the renderings are far from exact and this new KF is a new and improved KP
11-07-2022, 01:06 PM - 1 Like   #54
Pentaxian

The KP was discontinued because it was too close to the K3iii and would have cannibalised sales. It will be interesting to see how much separation there is between the KF and the K3iii. At this price point, I would guess quite a lot.
11-07-2022, 01:08 PM   #55
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by cdw2000 Quote
I came on here to post the same comment. Except for the color pieces, it looks exactly like a K-70.

P.S. Reading further down, it appears this is an artist's rendering (i.e., they photoshop'd a K-70 with the KF designation and the alternate colors).

I'm very curious what features this new camera has at this price-point. I'm looking forward to the official reveal!
it's 100% K-70's body...Maybe they keeps the same body as it were with K-5, K-5II, K-5IIs...
11-07-2022, 01:26 PM - 1 Like   #56

I think they just wanted to show the different colours schemes. In my opinion they will keep the body design a secret until the announcement
11-07-2022, 01:32 PM   #57
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by cdw2000 Quote
Where have you heard/seen that the K-70 is out of production?
JPT indicated that it was in very short supply in Japan and that he thought it was out of production and as a result he surmised that a new update for it was coming.

Ricoh imaging registration BC-186 Battery charger - Page 2 - PentaxForums.com
11-07-2022, 01:38 PM - 6 Likes   #58

QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
Am I the only one who is equally interested ni the camera and ni the colored body caps? :P
Is there a Monty Python joke in here
11-07-2022, 01:43 PM - 1 Like   #59
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mtathos Quote
I think they just wanted to show the different colours schemes. In my opinion they will keep the body design a secret until the announcement
I'm having flashbacks of the K-3iii's invisible flippy screen, which clearly wasn't fixed, it just had a notch for pulling out.
11-07-2022, 01:47 PM   #60
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
The KP was discontinued because it was too close to the K3iii and would have cannibalised sales.
Do you have any evidence that this was the case? My understanding is that they only have one apsc line and can only produce one camera at a time. There was never an option of running kp and k-3 Iii side by side?
Closed Thread