Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 480 Likes Search this Thread
11-09-2022, 02:11 PM   #181
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
by the way - the name changing is for MARKETING reasons .

-
k70 sounds dated - and KF fresh, new - and desirable

-
and it is also well matched with KP

11-09-2022, 03:05 PM   #182
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Announced:

Pentax announces the KF, a slightly-tweaked version of its K-70 APS-C DSLR | Digital Photography Review

QuoteOriginally posted by Digital Photography Review:
the KF is the K-70 DSLR with only a few very minor tweaks, most of which were made as a result of changes in component availability.

The biggest difference between with the KF is the articulating LCD display, which is now 1.04M dots, up from 921K dot display used in the K-70. The KF is also marginally lighter, coming in at 625g (1.4lb), which is 3g (0.1oz) lighter than the K-70. Ricoh doesn’t specify what exactly has reduced the weight internally, but did assure us none of the components inside are different in any noticeable way in terms of function.

There are also changes on the software side. The KF now has three new custom image modes: Satobi, Bleach Bypass and Cross Processing. Ricoh has also included its special-edition Kyushu and Katen Custom Image modes, although you need specific lenses to use either of these shooting modes (...).

Finally, Ricoh is switching the included battery charger to a USB-C model. This is a welcomed change, but a bit of an interesting choice considering the camera itself still uses a Micro USB port, meaning the charger that comes with the camera is more future-proof than the camera itself. Ricoh is also including the utility software directly on the camera, instead of separately on a CD in the box (...).
$849.95.

Last edited by Mistral75; 11-09-2022 at 03:10 PM.
11-09-2022, 03:08 PM   #183
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
11-09-2022, 03:14 PM - 3 Likes   #184
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I don't like it. The last thing I read about Pentax's direction was that we were heading for the high spec niche market, and we bring out a facelifted K70. Its described as an all weather DSLR but its only splashproof and would head back to the bag in the event of a Lancastrian shower. For the first time in years the camera press were complementary about the K3iii and the way forward, I can't see this offering getting anything other than disparaging remarks about living in the past. Just my opinion. I am sure it will be capable, I just don't like it!

---------- Post added 09-11-22 at 03:22 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
Quod Erat Demonstrandum BTW I didn't see this until after I wrote my post

Last edited by Cerebum; 11-09-2022 at 03:23 PM.
11-09-2022, 03:26 PM - 1 Like   #185
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
I don't like it. The last thing I read about Pentax's direction was that we were heading for the high spec niche market, and we bring out a facelifted K70. Its described as an all weather DSLR but its only splashproof and would head back to the bag in the event of a Lancastrian shower. For the first time in years the camera press were complementary about the K3iii and the way forward, I can't see this offering getting anything other than disparaging remarks about living in the past. Just my opinion. I am sure it will be capable, I just don't like it!

---------- Post added 09-11-22 at 03:22 PM ----------

Quod Erat Demonstrandum BTW I didn't see this until after I wrote my post
It ias an AW camera, not a swimming pool camera. I don't get your point here.
11-09-2022, 03:29 PM - 1 Like   #186
Pentaxian

Well the USB-C charger but a Micro USB camera is a bit stupid IMO. USB-C on the camera would have been quite smarter.

AS for the rest, the K70 was waaaaay better than anything it competes with. As such, I don't see a problem with it being re-used in the KF (even if I admit I'd call it K75 or K80 if it was just me).
11-09-2022, 03:30 PM - 1 Like   #187
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
I don't like it. The last thing I read about Pentax's direction was that we were heading for the high spec niche market...
While clearly Pentax is "heading for the... niche market", I don't believe anyone has ever said it would be "high spec".

11-09-2022, 03:31 PM - 3 Likes   #188
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Announced
Yawn. No improvement at all.
11-09-2022, 03:31 PM   #189
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

SRS Microsystems in the UK are advertising the KF for pre-order at £849 body only.
11-09-2022, 03:32 PM - 1 Like   #190
Veteran Member

Pentax KF

Looks good. Prefer tilting screen though.

Pentax KF Black Body
11-09-2022, 03:34 PM - 2 Likes   #191
Pentaxian

I hope that they at least fixed the solenoid problem...
11-09-2022, 03:44 PM   #192
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by BarneyL Quote
I hope that they at least fixed the solenoid problem...
Don't even go there
11-09-2022, 03:46 PM - 3 Likes   #193
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by panonski Quote
by the way - the name changing is for MARKETING reasons .

-
k70 sounds dated - and KF fresh, new - and desirable

-
and it is also well matched with KP

Mmm, fresh and desirable...

11-09-2022, 03:54 PM - 2 Likes   #194
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
Mmm, fresh and desirable...
Now you’ve put me right off…

11-09-2022, 03:54 PM   #195
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Err...

Nokishita Camera has never been a store or chain of stores.
Ah, thanks for correcting my misunderstanding, Mistral!

These CAD mockups and the suggested pricings mean he has a source within Ricoh itself or associate like a distributor or test photographer like a brand ambassador.

If Ricoh wanted to know exactly who, the old tactic is to give different versions to different people, and see which one pops up in public. Of course, it may be Ricoh marketing themselves ... the good old fashioned deliberate leak. It's an ad you don't have to pay for, it appears as news.

Last edited by clackers; 11-09-2022 at 04:08 PM.
Closed Thread