Show Printable Version 113 Likes Search this Thread
11-19-2022, 09:11 AM   #46
Unregistered User

11-19-2022, 10:11 AM - 2 Likes   #47
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by swanlefitte Quote

I also think this means a K90 is coming around the corner as soon as this model shows what innovations are wanted or not and what is cost effective to use and not.
But this model has no innovations. It won't show anything the K-70 didn't show already.
11-19-2022, 10:17 AM   #48
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by swanlefitte Quote
I also think this means a K90 is coming around the corner as soon as this model shows what innovations are wanted or not and what is cost effective to use and not.
I don’t understand how it could demonstrate the advantage of certain innovations if it is just a ‘rewarmed’ K-70.{Serkevan expressed the same reservations while I was pressing keys; {it is an obvious question}

Last edited by reh321; 11-19-2022 at 10:42 AM.
11-21-2022, 06:34 PM   #49
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by photogem Quote
K-x 580 g with lithium batteries and penta-mirror
K-S1 558 g with D-LI109 and penta-prism (and larger display)
Seems like you've forgotten: "Just hold a Pentax!"

The prism in the K-S1 was in the middle of the camera. But the heft of the K-x was concentrated where the grip is, perfect for one-handed holding.

11-21-2022, 09:01 PM   #50
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by lytrytyr Quote
Seems like you've forgotten: "Just hold a Pentax!"

The prism in the K-S1 was in the middle of the camera. But the heft of the K-x was concentrated where the grip is, perfect for one-handed holding.
I hate holding a camera with just one hand. I have been using a good solid two-handed hold for at least fifty years; “balancing lenses” has never been an issue with me, and I have no expectation of that’s changing.
11-22-2022, 02:42 PM   #51
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
The chip shortage has been heavily alleviated by now - everyone is releasing chip-based things again.
I am seeing delays of 6-12 months on AV and network equipment, so there's still issues with chip supply.
11-23-2022, 01:09 AM - 1 Like   #52
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RobG Quote
The chip shortage has been heavily alleviated by now - everyone is releasing chip-based things again. Nikon just came out with an APS-C entry-level camera. Canon made two APS-C models this year, so on and so forth.
I am seeing delays of 6-12 months on AV and network equipment, so there's still issues with chip supply.
Very true

11-23-2022, 03:01 AM   #53
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RobG Quote
And that is why I say "alleviated" instead of "solved"
The point stands - others are releasing products, even if stock is low and they need some time to fulfill orders.
11-23-2022, 05:54 AM   #54
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
And that is why I say "alleviated" instead of "solved"
The point stands - others are releasing products, even if stock is low and they need some time to fulfill orders.
Wrong: You said "heavely alleviated" which is.
I didn't know that "a point can stand"....

Last edited by photogem; 07-02-2023 at 10:25 AM.
11-23-2022, 06:16 AM   #55
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by photogem Quote
Wrong: You daid "heavely alleviated" which is.
I didn't know that "a point can stand"....
Again: did I use "solved", or imply anywhere that there were *no* issues?
No, I did not.

Would you claim that the supply issues are anywhere close to what they were in 2020/2021? Because they certainly aren't nearly as bad, definitely not in my industry or any where I have contacts.
And, again, name one camera company that has stopped announcing new products because of supply shortages (And Ricoh doesn't count )

Also, yes, points can stand. I could, however, "the fact remains" or "My argument holds", or "I'm still right", if you'd prefer alternatives .
11-23-2022, 06:51 AM - 3 Likes   #56
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Gentlemen, let's keep this civil, please. You can certainly agree to disagree.

Just sayin' ...

The thread is drifting way off-topic. Either y'all get back to the original topic or we'll just close this thread.

11-23-2022, 08:32 AM   #57
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photography has come a long way from composing and focusing using ground glass to view the scene upside down and backwards using a dark cape to shut out excess light.

The pentaprism revolutionized photography, correcting the image to be upright, turned the right way, and allowing enough light to pass for quick and easy composition, then execution of a photographic image.
11-23-2022, 08:42 AM   #58
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
The pentaprism revolutionized photography [...]
I personally find it really *really* nice that the engineers at Pentax focused so much on making the K-3iii's finder better. I'll admit I'll be a bit miffed if the same improvement doesn't make it to the K-1iii. Not that there's anything wrong with the current one, but...
11-23-2022, 08:47 AM   #59
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
If you want a K-3 III performance, you'll need to pay for it. There was absolutely no way that the KF was going to have all of the features of the K-3 III for an 800 dollar price. It wouldn't make sense for Pentax to do that, even if they weren't going to lose money on the cameras with that sort of pricing.

Overall, camera pricing is moving higher. Inflation, plus fewer overall sales (not just for Pentax) combine to make it so that prices have generally climbed.

Still, the viewfinder is very nice (I think that was the subject of this thread) and it will be a very capable camera, even if it doesn't have K-3 III speed of function or auto focus capability.
11-23-2022, 08:56 AM   #60
Pentaxian

I personally find it really *really* nice that the engineers at Pentax focused so much on making the K-3iii's finder better. I'll admit I'll be a bit miffed if the same improvement doesn't make it to the K-1iii. Not that there's anything wrong with the current one, but...
Isn’t the K-1’s already “FF”??
Yes, perhaps they can make it brighter, but people are saying that some kind of K-70 replacement was rushed out the door so they could continue working on the K-1iii, which must mean they expect it to require a lot of engineering. I was waiting for a K-70ii with “just” the new processor and data path, and apparently I’ll have to wait and wait to send more money to Pentax. Don’t be so “miffed” - it could be worse!