Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 177 Likes Search this Thread
12-19-2022, 01:23 AM   #241
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Most likely the image processor of the K3 III can't do more than 12 FPS, e.g mirror up in live view mode, = > 52Mpixel on a K1 III using the same image processor = > 6 FPS, no a big step up from the K1.
That's not how it works. Although the accelerator unit can limit the frame rate - and the old generation accelerator does that, in the K-1ii (to the slightest extent), there is no hint of this being the case with the K-3iii. The image processor won't, though; as it would process data already found in RAM.
The typical limitation of the non-mechanically limited frame rate is the sensor readout speed. This is the case for the K-1 (original).
And then, we don't know what hardware they'd put inside a K-1iii.

The "most likely" is just a baseless assumption, so is the 6FPS figure you're getting.

Last edited by pschlute; 12-19-2022 at 02:51 AM. Reason: removed accusation of brand bashing
12-19-2022, 03:44 AM - 6 Likes   #242
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I'm not sure why we are arguing about frame rates on a mythical camera. If Pentax goes higher megapixels than the current K-1, my expectation would be that they would bump the frame rate a little, but not a huge amount. Somewhere in the 7 to 8 range should satisfy most photographers other than sports photographers -- and there aren't many of those shooting Pentax now anyway.
12-19-2022, 08:45 AM - 1 Like   #243

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What I'd like to see them keeping is the upgrade service from K-1/K-1ii to the future new model. Although I did not feel the urge to upgrade from Mk I to Mk Ii by Ricoh's swap-the-guts service, it was definitely something I appreciated in their policy.

If they bring out a considerably improved camera over the K-1 MkI I would have a serious thought about using the upgrade service as a cheaper and more eco friendly alternative.
12-19-2022, 09:39 AM   #244
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I'm not sure why we are arguing about frame rates on a mythical camera. If Pentax goes higher megapixels than the current K-1, my expectation would be that they would bump the frame rate a little, but not a huge amount. Somewhere in the 7 to 8 range should satisfy most photographers other than sports photographers -- and there aren't many of those shooting Pentax now anyway.
If they'll make it, I'd guess it would make at least 8 fps. With just a tweak of the mirror system (adapting the K-3iii's), it would have no issue reaching this speed.
Just like you said, that would be perfectly fine for me.

12-19-2022, 10:45 AM - 5 Likes   #245
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
OK folks, we've had no new ideas or opinions offered in a few days, it's become just rehashing. With the snippiness between the few left in the discussion palpable let's put the thread to bed.

That's all folks
Closed Thread