Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 828 Likes Search this Thread
02-08-2023, 07:16 AM   #691
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Smolk Quote
To go for a film camera these days, i'd say a few design goals would be key:
- a manual experience, certainly for exposure (whether or not also allowing for automation, but that's not where my heart is); i'd say manual focus too, otherwise it remains an electronic box
- a zen experience (which is of course multi-interpretative, but that's what I have with my KX and with my medium formatfilm cameras): a non-busy viewfinder, for one thing.

It is also possible to go for something like the Contax G1 which is all automated but almost pocketable. The VF could be the casualty then.
I'll be honest, I'm not the target market as I have enough film bodies to play with as things stand. But I'm still excited by this news.
I have several pocketable cameras with viewfinders.
The viewfinders aren’t great, but they are ‘usable’,
I would expect little or no automation.
I do still have a usable “Super Program”, but I remain interested in what they come up with for a ‘lower-level’ film camera.

02-08-2023, 07:51 AM   #692
Loyal Site Supporter

Ok people, we are at the thread ban stage for some people. If you want the thread left open for comment, you would be well advised to stay on topic and civil.
02-08-2023, 02:53 PM - 2 Likes   #693
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
The need to repair old stuff is the reason for selling new stuff using modern readily available new parts.
Steee-rike 3!
Say goodnight, Gracie.............

closed
Closed Thread