Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 99 Likes Search this Thread
01-26-2023, 01:09 AM - 6 Likes   #1
Pentaxian

[Japan] Two additional limited edition colours for the Pentax KF: Olive and Stone

Ricoh Imaging Japan announced today two additional limited edition colours for the Pentax KF: Olive and Stone.

Released on the 2nd of February, both will be available exclusively through direct sales. Early purchasers will receive an assorted Peak Design Slide Lite strap with their camera.

QuoteOriginally posted by Ricoh Imaging Japan, translated:
26 January 2023: The PENTAX KF Olive and PENTAX KF Stone models, available exclusively through direct sales, will be released on 2 February, both in limited quantities. As an early purchase bonus, you will receive the 'Slide Lite' camera strap by Peak Design. Quantities are also limited, so be sure to check it out as soon as possible.
Source: PENTAX KF | RICOH IMAGING

01-26-2023, 02:25 AM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for that - I have to say that what those enhance most (to me) is the plasticky look of the camera, but I hope they also enhance sales - I can see the olive particularly having a market
01-26-2023, 02:40 AM   #3
Pentaxian

They look nice, especially the olive one - finally a rebel camo version to go up against the various stormtrooper releases.
01-26-2023, 02:56 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Very nice!

01-26-2023, 04:15 AM - 15 Likes   #5
Pentaxian

Oliver Stone already ordered one of each.
01-26-2023, 04:26 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Hmmmmmm....The colours of bodies are the main things in photography...
01-26-2023, 04:56 AM - 2 Likes   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by borisII Quote
I’m sure you can always order {boring to me} black if that is what you prefer.

Last edited by reh321; 01-26-2023 at 05:32 AM.
01-26-2023, 06:42 AM - 2 Likes   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hmmmmmm....The colours of bodies are the main things in photography.
What colour car do you drive ?
01-26-2023, 07:56 AM - 4 Likes   #9
Loyal Site Supporter

I guess that's why we all drive black painted cars.
Oh, wait, I just saw a red one...
01-26-2023, 08:04 AM - 3 Likes   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Hint to Pentax: This is an expensive way to change the color of our camera. What we really need is electronic ink for the paint like on the BMW iX Flow, so that we can select our own color in a menu.
01-26-2023, 08:16 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You Bet! And I always check for the color of the handles when I buy new screwdrivers. Everyone knows that proper colored tools make your work better!

QuoteOriginally posted by pschlute Quote
What colour car do you drive ?
My car? What color? Currently white. But whatever light color (I live in southeast Texas) is on the dealer lot when it is time to buy a new one. After all, I don't see it — I am inside, driving.
01-26-2023, 08:25 AM - 2 Likes   #12
Pentaxian

Your comment just sounds like you lack knowledge about market segmentation.
The cameras market is made of various layers, or aggregates, with each having a set of features that are being valued.
For entry level, hobbyists, color of camera is one of valued feature. Professionals will care more about choice of system components (lenses), system performance and service.
Nothing wrong with offering color options for the Pentax KF, it's good.
Nothing wrong with offering more subdued color options (black, silver) for the lines of semi-professional cameras (K3 III, K1 II).
Nothing wrong with offering 645Z and 645Z IR black only , plus professional service support repair option.
01-26-2023, 08:29 AM - 7 Likes   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Actually, I love having non-standard color Pentax bodies (Red K-r, Blue K-30, Yellow K-01, White K-01 and Silver K-3 III). They make me happy and when I am happy I am more enthusiastic about using my camera.

Waiting for a Viridian K-1 II J Limited to appear in the used market.

Oddly, I do not like either of these KFs.
01-26-2023, 08:32 AM - 3 Likes   #14
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by madison_wi_gal Quote
They make me happy and when I am happy I am more enthusiastic about using my camera
Of course, and being in the right mood can influence our inspiration and what we photograph.
01-26-2023, 08:33 AM - 5 Likes   #15
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
The cameras market is made of various layers, or aggregates, with each having a set of features that are being valued.
For entry level, hobbyists, color of camera is one of valued feature. Professionals will care more about choice of system components (lenses), system performance and service.
Nothing wrong with offering color options for the Pentax KF, it's good.
Nothing wrong with offering more subdued color options (black, silver) for the lines of semi-professional cameras (K3 III, K1 II).
Nothing wrong with offering 645Z and 645Z IR black only , plus professional service support repair option.
It's always possible to bad mouth, it's free of charge to do so.
More importantly, some collectors purchase {send money to Pentax} for cameras of different colors; the more colors it comes in, the more options they have to send money to Pentax. Personally, I already own a KP, so I have no reason to purchase a KF, but this is not for me. I am in favor of anything that will expand sales.