Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-02-2009, 09:50 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by cupic Quote
My wishlist would be 14 mp sensor,51pt AF,high 12800 ISO (with 3200 ISO with no noise),9fps and a better lenses kit .

Is this asking to much MR Hoya Mrs pentax?

cheers
And how much are you willing to pay for that? I ask that in all seriousness.

01-02-2009, 10:22 PM   #32
Forum Member

There is only 2 IMPROVEMENTS I would like to see....

Better AF

Better Noise reduction in 800+ ISO.

That's it.

I don't care about MP, FF, GPS, 1,000,000,000 AF, 6400ISO.......

Just give me a faster AF, and better NR.

I think the K10D could have been perfect had it not been for those 2 issues.

regardless I love my Pentax equipment.
01-02-2009, 10:43 PM   #33

I wish Pentax recycle the K100 sensor

I hope Pentax introduce a G10/LX3/dp1 competitor using the K100 sensor, they need an advanced p&s cam.
01-02-2009, 10:48 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Can we also have sRAW? I don't need 14MP all the time but I like having the flexibility in tweaking in PP.

14MP RAW files are killing my hard drives.

Oh and I'd LOVE to have an entry level camera that uses an electronic shutter like the D40/D70 for my strobist needs

01-02-2009, 10:51 PM   #35
Ed in GA

Whatever Pentax introduces, I can guarantee you it won't be enough.

There'll be two threads about their new products and twenty threads about what wrong with them, or what they lack. Why did they do this or why didn't they do that.
01-02-2009, 11:00 PM   #36
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ed in GA Quote
Whatever Pentax introduces, I can guarantee you it won't be enough.

There'll be two threads about their new products and twenty threads about what wrong with them, or what they lack. Why did they do this or why didn't they do that.
I'd agree with that.

My wish list is easy. Better faster AF and quieter shutter. When I play with the other brand cameras in the big box stores it amazes me how quiet the shutters are. then I coma back to my Pentax and realize how quiet they really are.
01-02-2009, 11:00 PM   #37
Veteran Member

Oh please Pentax give us an AF-assist lamp. REALLY. It's so much better than using the pop-up flash and is one of the things I miss the most from my old Nikon system.

01-02-2009, 11:31 PM   #38

Well I just hope Pentax will look at the other competitors like the Nikon D300 and deliver the same or even better specs/performance.

Like the AF-module in the D300(same as in the D3/D3x/D700!) it is great ! I would like to see a AF module with the performance like that one in my Pentax body.
Look at the FPS with the D300 speed, 8FPS(with grip, which I should use like nearly always) and 6 without grip(the Canon 50D is doing 6.3 FPS).
Bigger and higher resolution back-LCD.
Maybe a video mode like the Nikon D90 and the Canon 5DmkII ? Not that I am going to use it much but it would be a selling point.
Cleaner high ISO please ! Usuable 3200+.

Price ?
Well here in the Netherlands the cheapest Nikon D300 body is € 1.139,- right now and the cheapest Canon 50D body is €977,-. So it should be somewere there in the middle
01-02-2009, 11:42 PM   #39
Veteran Member

My list,,af assist lamp! makes alot of difference, this is why nikons focus faster in low light!

Better high iso noise but with out detail loss!

5 fps and af to match!!

built in grip! 2 k20D type batteries in it

more dynamic range, think the special dr mode default with out the noise.

spef, ya smaller raw files, some sort of default built in lossesss compression.

SMALLER AF SENSOR POINTS!!! I don't need more sensors, just match the sensor size to the lil dots in the finder lol. tho more smaller but as accurate sensors would be nice.
01-03-2009, 12:04 AM   #40
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Priyantha Bleeker Quote
Well I just hope Pentax will look at the other competitors like the Nikon D300 and deliver the same or even better specs/performance.
Why? Specs don't shoot pictures. There is more to making photos than the numbers.
01-03-2009, 12:07 AM   #41

QuoteOriginally posted by nostatic Quote
Why? Specs don't shoot pictures. There is more to making photos than the numbers.
Well just because the AF system and the FPS speed is much better than the current Pentax offerings and it would be very nice to have.
Especialy the faster AF unit would help me a lot with shooting a lot in very low light which I do a lot in disco's at party's.
01-03-2009, 12:23 AM   #42
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dws1117 Quote
I'd agree with that.

My wish list is easy. Better faster AF and quieter shutter. When I play with the other brand cameras in the big box stores it amazes me how quiet the shutters are. then I coma back to my Pentax and realize how quiet they really are.

I don't know which models you tried, but have you heard the racket the 8+FPS cameras make? While the Canon Rebel sounds like someone stepped on a cricket, the higher end models are in my opinion much louder than the K10, if at least due to the amount of mirror slaps you hear per second.

Check out these clips - notice how the automatic gain control on the camcorder has to kick in to keep the volume down :

YouTube - Nikon D300 6 8 Shutter sound

YouTube - Canon EOS 40D 6.5fps shutter sound

YouTube - Canon EOS 1D MK2 vs Canon EOS 1D MK3 frame burst sound
01-03-2009, 02:54 AM   #43
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by blende8 Quote
Seriously, what can we expect?
There will be no FF in 2009, this is clear.
So, what can come?

- better S/N
- better AF
- better life-view
(with contrast AF)
- faster buffer etc.
- more software options
(e.g. define shutter speed for Auto-ISO jump, as in Nikons)
K20D has worse sales in several times than K10D.
if K30D would be cosmetic upgrade of K20D, it will be failure.
Better AF, 1/3-2/3 stops better in noise, faster buffer and better LV are too minor.

to make only APS-C K30D with new AF and old Samsung CMOS sensor is pragmatic, of course,
but if Hoya really want to offer TOP camera it should be
1. MF digital camera for 645/67 lenses.
2. FF camera like A900 under 2000 USD

K30D won't be the best-seller...100%. K30D should be launched with TOP camera together.
So we can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Pentax need to offer something like A700 and A900 (D300/D700) in Pentax version, better and cheaper
01-03-2009, 03:04 AM   #44
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by HermanLee Quote
Since they will make all weather sealed line up,
I guess one of them will be Weather Sealed Km/K2000.
I'm sorry but I can't find a statement that the whole lineup will be weather sealed, rather that Pentax will re-introduce themselves as makers of weather sealed and rugged cameras. I interpret this as that all the new cameras that will be introduced this year will be weather sealed, but that the K-m will stay as it is. I don't believe in a weather sealed K-m - adding weather sealing to this little wonder would mean it has to be bigger.
01-03-2009, 03:06 AM   #45
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by whatever7 Quote
"K-M sized" K300 with 14mp sensor.
Not possible since it will be weather sealed, but perhaps they can trim it down a little if they shrink the circuit board a ka the K-m and removes the top panel and the left mode dial. But as small as the K-m - no, don't think so.