higher fps ( more than 4 or 5) 12960.85%
new functions: DV, GPS, etc. 7233.96%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 212. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-07-2009, 12:33 PM   #46
Veteran Member

Best case scenario, I expect K2D.
APS-C.
Mostly like k20d (same sensor, +/- same outer body design..).
Maybe ONE improved feature (ISO, AF, Live view.. etc.. pick one...).
Some innovative(maybe), but mostly useless (less useful, than those oriented on photography taking - something like video + AF.C) feature, wich could attract attention, as a feature when choosing what to buy (as was weather sealing previously).
Might have some serious drawback (no AF support for screw drive lenses, less supported manual/m42 lenses, etc).
Released with different (not da 18-55) kit (already existing lens).

Or/And something as brucestrange stated. Something for the masses that sells good, and as a smaller backup for those with bricks.

What more can you wish for to be happy . Maybe availability of some of announced lenses ( Da 15 ltd, 60-250 was it?).

Last edited by ytterbium; 01-07-2009 at 12:43 PM.
01-07-2009, 02:25 PM   #47
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
83% of all statistics are made up

given his assumption that 90% of us will be disappointed,

theoretically Ogl's statement would lead to the conclusion that about 15% of us would be disappointed,

not bad really....
I think Ogl is correct. Those who feel they need FF will finally leave. Those who want FF but realize they still can't afford it will pine away for the mythical Sub-$2k Pentax Full-Frame Of The Future. There will be fence-sitters who can't decide between the need for a bigger body (FF) or a smaller body (Micro 4/3rds). There will be those who still can't autofocus with the new Pentax APS-C bodies. Rice High will continue to post about inferior Pentax technology/quality control. Ogl will continue to be puzzled by the DA35 Macro. Ben will continue to post amazing work with his sub-par gear. There will be a trickle of new Pentax users attacted by smaller yet robust bodies and the prime lens lineup. The 645D will continue to exist in mock-up form. And there will be peace and love throughout the land. Or not.
01-07-2009, 02:31 PM   #48
Banned

QuoteQuote:
Or not.
very well said Gary.
01-07-2009, 02:37 PM   #49
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GaryM Quote
I think Ogl is correct. Those who feel they need FF will finally leave. Those who want FF but realize they still can't afford it will pine away for the mythical Sub-$2k Pentax Full-Frame Of The Future. There will be fence-sitters who can't decide between the need for a bigger body (FF) or a smaller body (Micro 4/3rds). There will be those who still can't autofocus with the new Pentax APS-C bodies. Rice High will continue to post about inferior Pentax technology/quality control. Ogl will continue to be puzzled by the DA35 Macro. Ben will continue to post amazing work with his sub-par gear. There will be a trickle of new Pentax users attacted by smaller yet robust bodies and the prime lens lineup. The 645D will continue to exist in mock-up form. And there will be peace and love throughout the land. Or not.
And then there'll be the 2 or 3 people who are happy with just what they've got. And they go out and take pictures.

01-07-2009, 08:43 PM   #50

QuoteOriginally posted by Buddha Jones Quote
To be disappointed!
There, I said it before the regular downers had a chance to. I hope I stole their thunder enough for them to be quiet.
Hope springs eternal! ROFL!
01-07-2009, 11:26 PM   #51
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm happy with my K200D. I don't care of DA35 already.

It seems to me that we will see K300D with 12 MP sensor and K30D with new revision of 14.6 MP sensor with a bit higher fps (I think - not above 4 fps in high resolution). I'd like to be wrong.

New generation of APS-H or FF sensor for K1D (?) is nice dream.
01-08-2009, 04:32 AM   #52
Pentaxian

I think we will see more than that

01-08-2009, 09:36 AM   #53
ogl
Banned

New Pentax cameras are on the way...They are ready to be in production. Or it maybe already started...
01-08-2009, 11:29 AM   #54

I would like to see the following in the next DSLR from Pentax

Full frame.
Autobracketing with mirror lock up without mirror flipping between exposures.
Live view without mirror flipping in manual mode
Everything else on my K20D if fine
01-08-2009, 12:54 PM   #55

I want AF to be able to handle moving subjects in tungstein lighting.
It don't have to be lighting fast, but better. As is, it is next to useless in stage photography.

Less noise high ISO could also sway be towards upgrading. But not neccecarilly FF.

MLU is another key feature for me.
01-10-2009, 09:28 AM   #56
Veteran Member

Why all your'e expectations are so... ...customized, i'd say.
This topic is about what pentax might actually provide and what would you pick from that offer. At least as i understand it.
Such specific things wont sell good. Un less they make some sort of hype.
If thinking from pentax point of view. What would make a good profit, and a chance to get some more money in future.
Throw all the features they can in at once, or add them step by step.
Second would make users sell their otherwise good cameras and upgrade on regular basis, repeatedly attract other brand user attention.
First would make all current, and some other brand users buy the best for the buck, and then not buying anything for several years.
Lenses would not have a reason to be upgraded so often as bodies can be, even if they were released, once you got the full set you need.
If i were pentax, i'd offer something for the existing users, to make them stay/upgrade.
And make new users buy new lenses (no screw-drive -SDM only, light body).
Have a easy path to make next, improved camera.. in the mean while adding something good to current one, attracting new users.
How many of you would actually buy a full frame. How many full frame canon owners you know (percentage).
This must have been said already somewhere before.. so i excuse for repeating, if i am.
01-19-2009, 10:41 PM   #57
Veteran Member

In any new Pentax camera, I like to see:
  1. AF assist without having to pop up the flash
  2. split-prism screen for manual focus

What I don't want: stuff that makes a camera more expensive like video and gps.

Last edited by sterretje; 01-19-2009 at 10:49 PM.
01-19-2009, 11:24 PM   #58
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by sterretje Quote
[*]split-prism screen for manual focus
Stop dreaming... any "little plus" (very relative I know) which messes up intended metering behaviour will never be an official accessory. That'd be very nice. But really... no
01-20-2009, 12:03 AM   #59
Veteran Member

Look at the increment between D80 and D90 and you'll have an idea of what the K30 will most likely look like.

Incremental update to everything from the K20 (essentially the same IQ, little bit better AF with around 4.5 fps) + HD video of some form and better screen and live view: 1199€ MSRP.

Not what I would like to see, only what is most likely...
01-20-2009, 12:28 AM   #60
Inactive Account

Its hard to say I expect full frame soon, as much as I'd like it - but there are still a few things that make me wonder. Consider:

Hoya have claimed they prefer to release lenses with new cameras.

In Codiac's 'leaked' info on the DA*60-250 he mentioned it seemed to be full frame when viewed with a film body. It is held back.

DA*55 also held back.

No new word on the DA*30, yet.

The former two are already ready, and will almost certainly be made available for PMA in March regardless of body launch, but if that tidbit about the 60-250 being FF is accuarate then it would make for an interesting line-up (along with existing FA's) to launch a FF body with.

Also, has anyone noticed that there have no updates to the roadmap lately? Last year we knew all the lenses a year in advance. Because of the explosion of interest in the DSLR market, lens manufacturing is booming (its the P&S market thats on the slide with the recession) - so why is Hoya keeping Pentax so quiet this time around? Surely they are working on something (besides the mystical super tele left over on last years roadmap yet).

We know there are '3 new camera types, including minor revision versions' coming this year. So, I hope one of them is a contender in the FF segment. Again, I hope more than I expect, but I hope a lot, hehe. It would be a boon for what I do.