Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-07-2009, 11:45 AM   #46
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by GaryM Quote
Sure, Ogl is the *only one* who will do that, right? When Pentax/Hoya announces the new models, I expect this forum to be at least 75% negative, especially when there is no FF body. I'll be grabbing some popcorn and enjoying the fireworks!

no, but along with ricehigh, ogl has made himself the first in line to complain on many occasions. he has earned that reputation and Mike is right to say so. by they way don't count me among that 75%.

01-07-2009, 12:42 PM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The title caught my attention.

Yes I've seen the cameras when they were announced and they look like neat little toys. The Optio PX0 series just got that little bit more interesting.
01-07-2009, 02:31 PM   #48
Veteran Member

Sure, Ogl is the *only one* who will do that, right?
You're asking me to confirm that I said Ogl is the "only one" who will do that when it is blindingly obvious I said no such thing?

Wait a second and I'll open my mouth up even wider so you can jam some more words into it.
01-07-2009, 03:40 PM   #49
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
You're asking me to confirm that I said Ogl is the "only one" who will do that when it is blindingly obvious I said no such thing?

Wait a second and I'll open my mouth up even wider so you can jam some more words into it.
Jump to conclusions much? You singled him out for special attention when there are *plenty* of regulars around here who are fairly negative on a regular basis - just read any thread with the term "Full-Frame" in it. Perhaps he's just an easy target?

01-07-2009, 03:42 PM   #50
Banned

Jump to conclusions much? You singled him out for special attention when there are *plenty* of regulars around here who are fairly negative on a regular basis - just read any thread with the term "Full-Frame" in it. Perhaps he's just an easy target?

no, he is a continuous and self appointed target.
01-07-2009, 03:51 PM   #51
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
no, he is a continuous and self appointed target.
Then respond directly to him - and from what I can see, he hasn't even posted in this thread. There's no need for personal attacks around here, even though we all have strong opinions. Attack the words, not the person.
01-07-2009, 03:54 PM   #52
Banned

Then respond directly to him - and from what I can see, he hasn't even posted in this thread. There's no need for personal attacks around here, even though we all have strong opinions. Attack the words, not the person.

I am not attacking him, merely stating a truth based on my experience directly conversating with him on this forum about these very things. he is more than welcome to join in and appeal.

01-07-2009, 10:19 PM   #53
Damn Brit

This thread is like a 'warm up' for the fireworks that are coming.
Gee thanks guys.
01-07-2009, 11:10 PM   #54

i am so lost.
01-07-2009, 11:19 PM   #55
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by PENTAXFTW12 Quote
i am so lost.
Well, welcome to the forum anyway.
Where is it you want to be? Maybe we can offer some direction.
01-08-2009, 08:22 AM   #56
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by flyer Quote
I think it was Sony who used something similar on 8mm. video cameras about 15 years ago, if my memory serves me well (sometimes old geezer gets mixed up). They used to call it digital image stabilisation.
No, digital image stabilisation in a video camera is a completely different thing. It compensates movement BETWEEN frames by shifting the individual pictures.
01-08-2009, 07:54 PM   #57

QuoteOriginally posted by RaduA Quote
1) I really can't see from what I wrote could be a flame bait but I take your word on it;
2) It's nice to see that probably the guy who wrote the op took so much offense that reported my post. A different aproach could lead to different results but hey, some people are better that the rest of us, folks, don't they? He could of just said "Hey, man I was joking!" early in this thread and I would of said "Hey, man I am sorry to misread you!" instead he complained to you and latter played the "sarcasm trump card". Way to go and very manly!!!!!!
3) I have absolutly no problems in apologising if I think I did something wrong and there are some people here that can concur with this. In this case however I don't feel I done something wrong, I am sorry to say that.

Radu
Not to beat a dead horse at this point, but my take on all of this is that I feel RaduA was more of the victim of the attack, if there was one. The OP was poking fun of Pentax and Ben, so in my view, anyone who dishes it out (tongue in cheek or otherwise) should be able to take it as well. In fact, I don't think he was asking to be defended by others anyway.

01-08-2009, 09:58 PM   #58
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by laissezfaire Quote
Not to beat a dead horse at this point, but my take on all of this is that I feel RaduA was more of the victim of the attack, if there was one. The OP was poking fun of Pentax and Ben, so in my view, anyone who dishes it out (tongue in cheek or otherwise) should be able to take it as well. In fact, I don't think he was asking to be defended by others anyway.

Things have been resolved in a friendly manner. Radu is happy, I'm happy and the OP seems thick skinned enough.
A member reported the post and the moderators had to follow up on it.
01-09-2009, 04:35 AM   #59
RaduA

Laissezfaire,

Thanks for your point of view and like Gary said we worked this out between him and me without problems.

Regards,
Radu