Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-06-2009, 12:08 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
We gotta chill out. I'm sure Bob didn't mean any real harm and his post just rubbed Radu the wrong way. We can all get along

01-06-2009, 12:45 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Time to sell the K100D and upgrade to the P70, I can take higher res. images and HD video for a wedding all at once!

Crosses fingers for promising SLR models though, need a new body worth investing in further.
01-06-2009, 02:59 AM   #18
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
Don't take this the wrong way but who is the pathetic one? dude, get a life.
The only thing I was expecting (and still do) from you is a further elaboration of what you said here: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/437873-post25.html
In case you forgot this is a place were we're suppose to exchange knowledge first and whine less (just MHO). Finally, you have the right to your own opinion about me and free to express it.

Best regards,
Radu
01-06-2009, 03:21 AM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
RaduA, let's not make these posts personal. bobrapp's comments were clearly a bit sarcastic and nothing wrong with that. Maybe you missed that in the translation. Lets keep it more balanced and avoid taking 'shots' at each other.
OK, but why the sarcasm? Aren't we tired of this, every time Pentax launches something less than a D3X we get all sorts of tongue in cheek comments? I know I am!

01-06-2009, 03:26 AM   #20
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by RaduA Quote

In case you forgot this is a place were we're suppose to exchange knowledge first and whine less (just MHO). Finally, you have the right to your own opinion about me and free to express it.

Best regards,
Radu
Actually Radu regardless of anything else, this is a place where we are supposed to be reasonable to each other, especially when it comes to unprovoked personal attacks.
Maybe you didn't get or like the OP's sense of humour but your attack was unwarranted IMO.
01-06-2009, 03:26 AM   #21
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
RaduA, let's not make these posts personal. bobrapp's comments were clearly a bit sarcastic and nothing wrong with that. Maybe you missed that in the translation. Lets keep it more balanced and avoid taking 'shots' at each other.
Peter, I know you as a fair man and understand your concern. But I feel too many people use this "sarcasm" excusse to launch another cheap shot at Pentax. Like I said after a whole lot of "oh, my Pentax is turning white", "I wish my K20D will do 9 fps, please Pentax fix that in firmware" and my favourite "My Pentax used to focus spot on in pitch black but my friend's Canon will focus faster in even pitcher black" threads I feel a bit tired about all this.

Best regards,
Radu
01-06-2009, 03:38 AM   #22
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Actually Radu regardless of anything else, this is a place where we are supposed to be reasonable to each other, especially when it comes to unprovoked personal attacks.
Maybe you didn't get or like the OP's sense of humour but your attack was unwarranted IMO.
Ok, Gary I get it!

The reasonable part is only from those who feel that Pentax can have a better future to accept all this doom and gloom crap that others poor in bucket loads in this forum? All it took for the op to mark his "sarcasm" was a or a or some other little "sarcasm creature". And I would of moved on and consider it a not so funny attempt of beating up a dead horse (Pentax is doomed whatever they do).
We will soon be affraid to praise any Pentax products or moves on OUR OWN FORUM.

Regards,
Radu

P.S. To answer your request I will neither erase my post nor apologies to what I still consider at least a very poor taste first message from the op (although latter he played the "sarcasm" trump card). The way I SAW THIS (my personal opinion) is that it was borderline flame bait.

01-06-2009, 03:51 AM   #23
Damn Brit

Ok, Gary I get it!

The reasonable part is only from those who feel that Pentax can have a better future to accept all this doom and gloom crap that others poor in bucket loads in this forum? All it took for the op to mark his "sarcasm" was a or a or some other little "sarcasm creature". And I would of moved on and consider it a not so funny attempt of beating up a dead horse (Pentax is doomed whatever they do).
We will soon be affraid to praise any Pentax products or moves on OUR OWN FORUM.

Regards,
Radu

P.S. To answer your request I will neither erase my post nor apologies to what I still consider at least a very poor taste first message from the op (although latter he played the "sarcasm" trump card). The way I SAW THIS (my personal opinion) is that it was borderline flame bait.
Wouldn't you also think (if reading it as a third party) that your comments were also flame bait but also overly aggressive? That's what this is about after all, your post was brought to the moderators attention, not the OP's and we have tried to deal with it reasonably.
01-06-2009, 04:29 AM   #24
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Wouldn't you also think (if reading it as a third party) that your comments were also flame bait but also overly aggressive? That's what this is about after all, your post was brought to the moderators attention, not the OP's and we have tried to deal with it reasonably.
1) I really can't see from what I wrote could be a flame bait but I take your word on it;
2) It's nice to see that probably the guy who wrote the op took so much offense that reported my post. A different aproach could lead to different results but hey, some people are better that the rest of us, folks, don't they? He could of just said "Hey, man I was joking!" early in this thread and I would of said "Hey, man I am sorry to misread you!" instead he complained to you and latter played the "sarcasm trump card". Way to go and very manly!!!!!!
3) I have absolutly no problems in apologising if I think I did something wrong and there are some people here that can concur with this. In this case however I don't feel I done something wrong, I am sorry to say that.

Radu
01-06-2009, 10:58 AM   #25
Veteran Member

"My Pentax used to focus spot on in pitch black but my friend's Canon will focus faster in even pitcher black"
REALLY?!?!?!?

Damn, I'm buying a Canon! I *love* pitcher black...

01-06-2009, 12:34 PM   #26
Forum Member

lord have mercy, here it goes again...
01-06-2009, 12:54 PM   #27
Veteran Member

haven't you guys heard, Canon bends space and time, allowing you to photograph the future while simultaneously superimposing it on the past.

however, do not fear

Pentax ninja-engineers are working on a super fast autofocus system that predicts movement up to 5 minutes into the future, ensuring that all your photos are in focus all the time, it also reads your mind and chooses which areas to focus on

this is hush hush stuff, i shouldnt be telling you guys this, i already lost 2 fingers....
01-06-2009, 12:55 PM   #28

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by F-Stop Quote
Time to sell the K100D and upgrade to the P70, I can take higher res. images and HD video for a wedding all at once!

Crosses fingers for promising SLR models though, need a new body worth investing in further.
Some time ago, I said that my next camera (and I have about 20) would be a full frame camera. I changed my mind and went wit the K20d and some prime lenses (I am a prime kind of guy).

The only issue I have with some of the posts here are that some people are confronting and view their place as absolute - I gave that away many many years ago. A camera is a camera and little matters if it is not used for the sake of photography.

Lets get over it and move on.

Cheers,
01-06-2009, 01:04 PM   #29

Don't know if this is significant or not (I've only seen it noted one place so far)...both of these go up to ISO 6400? But maybe at a reduced resolution?

So, would dropping the resolution (looks like from 10-12mp to 5mp) greatly decrease the nose at higher ISO ranges? I've not heard of any other camera/sensor doing that.
01-06-2009, 01:05 PM   #30
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
haven't you guys heard, Canon bends space and time, allowing you to photograph the future while simultaneously superimposing it on the past.

however, do not fear

Pentax ninja-engineers are working on a super fast autofocus system that predicts movement up to 5 minutes into the future, ensuring that all your photos are in focus all the time, it also reads your mind and chooses which areas to focus on

this is hush hush stuff, i shouldnt be telling you guys this, i already lost 2 fingers....
No, you have this all wrong. Pentax is keeping the same AF system, but will fix it in post by antidisestablishmentarianistical analysis algorithms (AAA) in the firmware. The AAA looks at the photo, then goes back in time to view the original scene, and interpolates between the two. The Canon system superimposes, which is inferior to the interpolation. Thus, the Pentax Advantage ©

If you're going to violate your NDA, at least get the technology right...