Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-05-2009, 02:22 AM   #46
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax in Norway

I went to Oslo's largest (I think) photo store yesterday (looking for a LowePro backpack), and noticed their Pentax display had shrunk considerably since my last visit, so I asked the salesman about it. He told me the problem was that they had big problems ordering pentax gear. According to him, Pentax was virtually not present in Norway after Aronsen took over. In Sweden (again, according to the salesman), the situation is entirely different.

08-05-2009, 02:43 AM   #47
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
In Sweden focus spend money on full page adds on the most expensive pages (like the back side) in all major photomagazines featuring the K-7. The campaign is clearly bigger than it was for the K20D. In addition, they have made a large retail store chain (is that the correct english?) start selling and advertising the K-7. I can't rememeber that I have ever seen Pentax here in that sort of place. There have even been full page adds on the K-7 from that chain in the same magazines where focus had full page adds for the K-7!

Haven't tried the new repair and service partner focus got for Pentax gear, so can't say if that was a good or bad move.
08-05-2009, 06:28 AM   #48
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
I went to Oslo's largest (I think) photo store yesterday (looking for a LowePro backpack), and noticed their Pentax display had shrunk considerably since my last visit, so I asked the salesman about it.
FYI: Japan Photo in Byporten (Oslo Central Station) has a K-7 on display. First time I held one today - what a compact, beautiful little thing! But the 18-55WR almost impressed me more than the K-7: This lens feels so good and solid that you'd think it was a high-end lens and not a kit lens.
08-10-2009, 08:06 AM   #49

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Douglas_of_Sweden Quote
In Sweden focus spend money on full page adds on the most expensive pages (like the back side) in all major photomagazines featuring the K-7. The campaign is clearly bigger than it was for the K20D. In addition, they have made a large retail store chain (is that the correct english?) start selling and advertising the K-7. ...
But on the other hand it is not visible at most other large electronics retail stores, such as Expert, ONOFF, SIBA, Elgiganten or NetOnNet.

NetOnNet used to carry lots of Pentax stuff. Not so anymore.