Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-08-2009, 06:35 PM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think the last roadmap said 1.4...

QuoteOriginally posted by Buddha Jones Quote
I'd love a close up shot of the information board of the TC next to the 60-250mm. Looks like a 1.4x or 1.5x to me.
that's something we really need, as well - a SET of them would be nice. Pentax hasn't brought one out in about 20 years. Then, of course, it comes down to whether the cameras will actually focus at f5.6-8 or not...

Hate to harp on a topic, but, maybe if we bitch long enough and loudly enough they'll actually do something about it. It doesn't seem to be happening voluntarily...

How's life in Charlotte, man? We got TONS of snow for this part of the world - 2nd biggest dump of snow in history - close to 3 feet all told. Enough to shut the city down totally for a couple of days - just nuts. It's all melting into a grey quagmire, now, with minor floods everywhere.

Hope you had a great holiday season.

Cameron

01-08-2009, 06:49 PM   #17
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by eclipsed450 Quote
Hands-on with Pentax's new lineup, including the white Pentax K2000 - Engadget

nothing new, just some high-iso snaps of the camera's at pentax's CES booth

Okay. Is it just me or does anyone else think that this camera could be a great accompanyment to a Empire Storm Trooper's outfit?

Not as bad as I thought it would look.

Stephen
01-08-2009, 06:58 PM   #18
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by SCGushue Quote
Okay. Is it just me or does anyone else think that this camera could be a great accompanyment to a Empire Storm Trooper's outfit?
Wow, there's a mind twist... ROFL...

QuoteOriginally posted by SCGushue Quote
Not as bad as I thought it would look.

Stephen
Agreed - it's actually kinda spiffy looking. I'd not be able to use it, it would be a lovely gray or beige within the week...
01-08-2009, 10:05 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Cambo Quote
We got TONS of snow for this part of the world - 2nd biggest dump of snow in history - close to 3 feet all told. Enough to shut the city down totally for a couple of days - just nuts. It's all melting into a grey quagmire, now, with minor floods everywhere.
Should move to the East Coast, rain, then more rain, snow for a few hours, gets mild, ice, then rains again, more snow and more rain for a day. Feels like April here, still waiting for winter. Probably the mildest winter I've seen, warm ocean currents this year.

That aside, I guess we won't be seeing any new bodies so far at CES, what about later this year? Another Dubai release? Come on Ben, fill us in here... I want new bodies so I can buy a cheaper K20D

01-08-2009, 10:52 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Lens hood! Good call everyone.

Well, we have pics of the 60-250...so we could move it from "Yeti" to "Bigfoot" status
01-08-2009, 10:59 PM   #21
Lens Buying Addict

QuoteOriginally posted by Samsungian Quote
These White Km are Japan homemarket only items. Limited edition is 3,000 units.

See the Sales Flyer here:

PENTAX?K-m white ???????????????????????PENTAX
K-m for Japan; what about the K2000 (Pictured)?
01-09-2009, 12:37 AM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ryan s Quote
Lens hood! Good call everyone.

Well, we have pics of the 60-250...so we could move it from "Yeti" to "Bigfoot" status
The 60-250 exists: I took a few shots with two functional examplaries last october in Paris's Photoshow.

The question is: will Pentax release it?
01-09-2009, 02:14 AM   #23

I love it.

Canon release an entry level body with the 1000 designation and to hit back at this name thievery, Pentax release a few white L lenses.

Great stuff from Pentax HQ.

bazz.

01-09-2009, 04:13 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Quick question. I have usually paid very close attention to the stuff at CES but this is the first time I can remember Pentax coverage during CES. Does Pentax usually have a booth at these electronics shows?
01-09-2009, 06:17 AM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sir_bazz Quote
I love it.

Canon release an entry level body with the 1000 designation and to hit back at this name thievery, Pentax release a few white L lenses.

Great stuff from Pentax HQ.

bazz.
Is there bad blood between Canon and Pentax from the EOS 1000 and K1000 days?
01-09-2009, 07:45 AM   #26
Veteran Member

I'm going to try to convince my boss to offer a package with:

White Pentax K-m & 18-55 + 55-200 + spiffy Crumpler bag.

I think it's a great combo for the fashion conscious.
01-09-2009, 09:11 AM   #27
Veteran Member

What about white K2000 pictured?

Well pentax had said nothing "OFFICIAL" about offering a K2000 in white. I've read the Km and k2000 have simple stickers applied to them instead of badges or logo's and plastic mount lenses and they have no quick shift feature either. So in this case for CES they deleted the Km sticker and instead put on a K2000 sticker. Has anyone seen an announement where pentax is saying this white K2000 will sell in USA and in what numbers? The article says its a $800 package which is more than I paid new for my K20D and three year warranty. SURE I'm missing out on two white color plastic mount lenses but I got weathersealed body instead, Pentax' best dslr to date.

As Pentax is so into weatherseals as their new marketing concept why no seals on the K2000? I'm still reminded that k2000 launch was supposed to be THE FULL FRAME K Mount DSLR. Remember that was last years HOT RUMOR from various credible sources here on this forum. So K2000/Km is not weathersealed and not Full Frame or APS-H and costs more than K20D costs right now & in Japan you can get it in Glossy White.

I'm not impressed. I wanted a bigger sensor option as was widely rumored last year and instead we get all giddy about this low budget dslr in white with stickers and plastic mount lenses.

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
K-m for Japan; what about the K2000 (Pictured)?
01-09-2009, 09:54 AM   #28
Veteran Member

weathersealing the camera is likely to increase measures and price, i suppose those were the main reasons K-m is not weather-sealed.
although, it is supposed to be limited series, announced price was no more than 50€ more than normal, black K-m. i think it's not that bad for limited series.

i dig the stormtrooper look, i would like one.
01-09-2009, 09:57 AM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ryan s Quote
I do like the E70...might have to check it out.

Does anyone know what lens that is behind the white lens sitting on the table? Looks like an 85mm?

It looks like the da* 16-50mm f/2.8 lens. You can just see a gold shimmer at the bottom indicating a da*
01-09-2009, 10:04 AM   #30

I love the look of it.

I won't be running to replace my GX-10 though