Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-10-2009, 11:17 PM   #16
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I said before that K-m white would be rarity and very popular.

01-10-2009, 11:23 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Anyone wants a one of the kind pearl pink *istDS for $999? I will find my airbrush tonight.
01-10-2009, 11:23 PM   #18
Forum Member

I wouldn't be surprised if it exceeds expectations here in the US. I was just at CES in vegas and the white k2000 was one of the coolest things displayed. It looks far more impressive in person. I plan to get one for myself!

I bet you are all dying from the suspense, but i swear, I don't know a single thing...
01-10-2009, 11:33 PM   #19

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
I'd like a translucent or clear case so you can see the innards.
Bad early 90's flashback...those transparent phones were ugly!

01-11-2009, 12:08 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Transparent cameras

QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
I'd like a translucent or clear case so you can see the innards.

Back in the seventies and eighties, Pentax DID make clear plastic versions of some of their cameras. I've seen clear Auto 110's, and clear SF1's. I know that there were a couple of others, as well.

I know that the clear Auto 110 was fully functional, as the mirror box was opaque and the 110 cartridge protected the film. I'm not sure if the clear 35mm cameras were functional or simply display models, which is what they were.

The clear cameras were never sold to customers, AFAIK. They were built in extremely limited numbers, as store demonstrators. They show up on ebay ever few months and usually command premium prices.

I suspect that a clear plastic dslr wouldn't be very interesting. Other than the mirror, most everything in the camera is solid-state electronics. Nothing moves.

Paul Noble
01-11-2009, 06:51 AM   #21
Forum Member

This is wonderful news, Pentax is getting some great marketing from this. If there selling like hot cakes then lets make loads more :-)
01-11-2009, 06:04 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RaduA Quote
Yep, Douglas 2 months ago I made a thread about it: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/41752-no-ff-pentax-but-3000-euro.html that died peacefully in record time.

For me it's impossible to comprehend why some people take this marketing initiatives so badly when Pentax gets lots of exposure whilst being PAYIED for it not paying.

Radu
Agree, it's genious.

01-11-2009, 06:06 PM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
You can special order the FA* 600 and it comes in white. That is still way too close to a polar bear. Those guys can move fast and they can track very well also. Maybe that DA* 1.4x teleconverter would help some. I'd hate to have to leave FA* 600 and white K3D at the North Pole!
It helps standing on the aft deck of a hugh ice breaker!
01-11-2009, 08:14 PM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I might very well buy a red and black one, but only if they release it with a matching FA77.
01-12-2009, 01:01 AM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by doc.mark.dimo Quote
I wouldn't be surprised if it exceeds expectations here in the US. I was just at CES in vegas and the white k2000 was one of the coolest things displayed. It looks far more impressive in person. I plan to get one for myself!

I bet you are all dying from the suspense, but i swear, I don't know a single thing...
Glad to see you joining up here, Mark. Even you do not know much, I guess everything with Hoya these days is tight-lipped.
01-12-2009, 01:16 AM   #26
Banned

where are the naysayers now? I said the K-m was a smart move right from the get go, and a white version to hype up the brand was just about genius. I am certain it will sell very well here in the US. this is good news and im very glad to hear it.
01-12-2009, 02:36 PM   #27

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
nuclear meltdown orange works for me!
Great for wildlife shooting during hunting season!
01-12-2009, 05:43 PM   #28
CWL

I think Pentax is going a great job with km! Just like years ago when Nokia came up with the ideas of changing the boring black covers for mobile phones to something fancy. This is certainly what Pentax need, something unique in the market. Female shooters will certainly love these, light and pretty. K-m is certainly a smart move, unfortunately if it was not that Panasonic G1, it should be selling even more.
01-12-2009, 07:05 PM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
where are the naysayers now? I said the K-m was a smart move right from the get go, and a white version to hype up the brand was just about genius. I am certain it will sell very well here in the US. this is good news and im very glad to hear it.
They're probably back in their holes, trying to find another reason to assail Pentax. Or flip-flopping their opinions. Whatever. At the very least, it's good to see Pentax turn some heads without spending much in advertising. Switching to white paint for a few production runs certainly wouldn't have cost much.

Definitely a good move.
01-15-2009, 12:00 AM   #30
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
Glad to see you joining up here, Mark. Even you do not know much, I guess everything with Hoya these days is tight-lipped.

Hey james!

great seeing you here as well. your work is always inspiring! as far as the upcoming news... ? Time will tell. Hehe.

on another note, i'll be in australia during mid to late march. hopefully you can make it out to noosa for the surf festival?

Cheers!