Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-12-2009, 06:00 AM   #16
Ed in GA

QuoteOriginally posted by Jasvox Quote
I was in a Wolf Camera just outside of Atlanta a few weeks ago and saw a Pentax K100D...it was the only Pentax body on display, for full retail.

Jason
Same here in Savannah. The only Pentax body I see at the local wolf is a K100D. They didn't have any for a while. They must have found this one in their stock room and decided to put it out for sale.

If I were a fly on the wall at one of their near future store meetings, I'm sure I'd hear the manager say, "There's a Pentax Camera in the case that needs to be out of here. $25 bonus to whoever sells it this week.".

01-12-2009, 06:11 AM   #17
Inactive Account

It's a bit different in Europe It seems. I was in a shopping center just before the end of 2008 and walked into a camera store. Asked for a M42 adapter, because I got an old skrewmount prime. Quess what. I've bought the original Pentax adapter for less than $35 after currency conversion. Of course they had K20 and K200 as well as some lenses on display. And, the storekeeper said he also has a Pentax DSLR...
01-12-2009, 06:30 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Myn.pheos Quote
It's a bit different in Europe It seems. I was in a shopping center just before the end of 2008 and walked into a camera store. Asked for a M42 adapter, because I got an old skrewmount prime. Quess what. I've bought the original Pentax adapter for less than $35 after currency conversion. Of course they had K20 and K200 as well as some lenses on display. And, the storekeeper said he also has a Pentax DSLR...
same here, full pentax lineup is available in all major tech/photo shops - P&S, full range of current dSLRs, full range of lenses (including all DA* and Ltds), accessories.
not bad at all!
01-12-2009, 07:59 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Thanks, Wayne - it's been a few years since I was in the Woodlands mall.

Some time back, I searched Pentax's website for Houston-area DSLR dealers and only Wal-Mart popped up. Thus my surprise yesterday. As far as I could tell the Pentax offerings at the Wolf store were about as extensive as those for the other brands.

Jer
I've never seen any Pentax product at any of our local Walmarts. Heck most of them only stock a few cameras total.

Ritz/Wolf Camera does sell at full retail price but in a pinch it's nice to know I can go there if I am really in need of something. Just before Christmas I as scheduled to take a family portrait for some friends and my flash died. I had to pay a higher cost but was able to get my 540 flash that night.

01-12-2009, 08:07 AM   #20
graphicgr8s

Walmart won't stock much that isn't made in china
01-13-2009, 03:02 PM   #21
Ed in GA

QuoteOriginally posted by Ed in GA Quote
Same here in Savannah. The only Pentax body I see at the local wolf is a K100D.
I was at the mall today and "now" there are no Pentax Cameras in the showcase at all.

They did have, however, A K100DS/Body @ $297 and K100DS/Kit(2) @ $340 on clearance. I was temped to pick up the K100DS body.